Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

He literally named his son a piece of poop lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

He can finally go back to making music.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

half cocaine posted:

He literally named his son a piece of poop lol

his son's name is likely John also, and goes by Deuce instead of Junior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden#Personal_life

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Fate Accomplice posted:

his son's name is likely John also, and goes by Deuce instead of Junior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Gruden#Personal_life

Deuce is on the juice.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Do you think Jon Gruden's son walks around Vegas saying "DUECES WILD BABY"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Do you think Jon Gruden's son walks around Vegas saying "DUECES WILD BABY"

Yes then he headbutts a street sign

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm just glad that buttery emails is effecting someone other than my precious hilldawg

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In non-Gruden news, I think it's time for the Colts to take a long look at replacing Eberflus at DC.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Despera posted:

SOMEONE UPDATE THE loving SITE

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

:smugdog:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Urban Meyer is just laughing his rear end off right now, right?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pictured here, Deuce Gruden.

Still not sure which one.

This dude is tiny in person. Jacked for sure but like 5’2. Just a tiny angry little man. He used to go to the same school my brother went to in Tampa.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This dude is tiny in person. Jacked for sure but like 5’2. Just a tiny angry little man. He used to go to the same school my brother went to in Tampa.

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/951531030690676736

Looks like a dude who has smashed a few car hoods at clubs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

In non-Gruden news, I think it's time for the Colts to take a long look at replacing Eberflus at DC.

Yeah. I think most everyone is safe on the Colts this season because they have the injury excuse and brutal start of the schedule, but if someone has to go it'll be him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I'd be perfect for your ads. Back when I was on MNF, we had this one production assistant I called Lazy Pedro

The emails he sent about Tony Romo stealing his spokesman job are…predictable

Also I can’t believe Urbs pulled a Boylen and it got dwarfed by another story the same day. We deserved to bask in 250/250 for longer

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Well I'm relieved that Gruden didn't end up having a 10 year reign of mediocrity with the Raiders. We'll probably still be terrible regardless but at least it's not because of him. Good riddance to a lovely person and garbage coach.

Time to start looking for a new coach I guess! I'll stab my eyes out if it's another lovely retread.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bill O'Brien is available I hear

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

Time to start looking for a new coach I guess! I'll stab my eyes out if it's another lovely retread.

:rip: your eyes in all likelihood.

Intruder posted:

Bill O'Brien is available I hear

If you don't give him front office control and don't let him get into grudges with his star players this is looking like a better idea than I ever would have expected. Not for the Raiders specifically but whoever.

Bienemy finally getting his shot with the Raiders would annoy the hell out of me. I mean I'd be happy for him, but...

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Has a coach ever been fired/resigned with over 5 years left on his contract? LOL

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This could be the tip of the iceberg if the NFL starts looking through coaches' old emails.
People uncover a trove of Adam Gase e-mails and they're all things like "SUBJECT: Aren't LED lights poisonous because there made of led???"

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Urban Meyer is just laughing his rear end off right now, right?
Probably laughing his rear end off while fingerbanging a co-ed because we all know the man is a loving idiot.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 12, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Crazy Ted posted:

People uncover a trove of Adam Gase e-mails and they're all things like "SUBJECT: Aren't LED lights poisonous because there made of led???"

SUBJECT: Long lost twin brother seen in mirror? Possibly mocking me through imitation???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

Has a coach ever been fired/resigned with over 5 years left on his contract? LOL

Most NFL coach contracts don't exceed 4-5 years and even those are considered a long deal (the average IIRC is 3 yrs). That was part of why his deal was so made fun of at the time, not just the money was absurd

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

SUBJECT: Long lost twin brother seen in mirror? Possibly mocking me through imitation???
SUBJECT: Why won't my wife let me post pictures of the new offensive plays to face book when i'm so proud of them :-(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NFL Hot Seat Watch 2021: I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447742101693898753?s=20

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ehud posted:

My insults were not meant to be hurtful.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

This is not who I am
Thoughts and prayers

Sorry I got caught

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Considering all the horrific poo poo was on his personal email I imagine he’s actually capable of recognizing it’s not something other people should be exposed to and it should be kept behind closed doors.

“I never meant to hurt anyone bc none of y’all were ever supposed to hear what I really thought of you “

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Considering all the horrific poo poo was on his personal email I imagine he’s actually capable of recognizing it’s not something other people should be exposed to and it should be kept behind closed doors.

“I never meant to hurt anyone bc none of y’all were ever supposed to hear what I really thought of you “

Gruden probably sees that as just joking around. A lot of people especially in 2011 still thought like that. He's a poo poo. But he never even thought he'd face a consequence because why would he, he's just joking around guys!!!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

It makes it worse because it means he obviously knows better. White men loving love to just let all their racism, sexism, homophobic beliefs out when they think they are safe in the company of other fine upstanding white males.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
So this is goodbye
This is good….bye

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

so gruden is def going to work for fox news right? as their head of cancel culture reporting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Most NFL coach contracts don't exceed 4-5 years and even those are considered a long deal (the average IIRC is 3 yrs). That was part of why his deal was so made fun of at the time, not just the money was absurd

For context Dan Campbell's incredibly long contract that's supposed to indicate the Lions are his team for better or worse during and after this rebuild clocks in at 6 years.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

so gruden is def going to work for fox news right? as their head of cancel culture reporting

I dunno, he doesn't seem like he cares enough to pretend to have political takes.

He might be at Barstool though

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asproigerosis posted:

It makes it worse because it means he obviously knows better. White men loving love to just let all their racism, sexism, homophobic beliefs out when they think they are safe in the company of other fine upstanding white males.

That's a human trait.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He can always be their new sports correspondent. Can talk about lunch pails and those people that don't carry them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the maga pundit clown car is very upset this morning

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

That's a human trait.

People talk about me behind my back? This goes higher than I thought!

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

There's no way gruden resigned because of what's already out there, right. Like there's gotta be even more heinous poo poo from gruden in those WFT emails for him to resign now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chucktesla posted:

There's no way gruden resigned because of what's already out there, right. Like there's gotta be even more heinous poo poo from gruden in those WFT emails for him to resign now

I don't care what those pencil necked geeks on the internet say. Batman vs Superman is the best comic book movie of all time!

- Jon Gruden, January 9th 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chucktesla posted:

There could be more but using racist language and anti-gay slurs, being against drafting gay players and hiring female refs, and making fun of trans people is kind of a lot of stuff already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chucktesla posted:

The cheerleader stuff from what we know at the moment is pretty loving bad and I feel like that's going to blow up

Like it's all bad but the cheerleader stuff seems criminal