Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

an_mutt posted:

Yeah this was basically what I was going for. Soucek would be the one signing who turns out to be useful and good; who would Newcastle's Kompany be? Who's the coolest obscure Football Manager wonderkid defender kicking around right now, Igor Diveev? Josko Gvardiol?

wasn't Kompany signed just before the Man City takeover? In that case it has to be Saint-Maximin because he's the only good player in the current squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:qq: :yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1446592520591486976?s=20

quote:

We have also learned that the £305million deal — led by Saudi’s £700billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) — was strongly resisted throughout by Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham, with Spurs said to be the chief agitator in lobbying the Premier League to deny the Saudis entry to the top flight.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
get saudi'd on, bitch

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

the sex ghost posted:

Is there anyone still in China who fancies a go in the prem

Hulk would go down an absolute treat on Tyneside

Fabio Can-navaro is suddenly available if you’re looking for an experienced and handsome manager.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Stay the gently caress away from Cantona

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

vyelkin posted:

wasn't Kompany signed just before the Man City takeover? In that case it has to be Saint-Maximin because he's the only good player in the current squad

Haha, he'd be Elano, and Willock would be Kompany

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Small time clubs smh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Stay the gently caress away from Cantona

And Cancelo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Newcastle can poach all the lovely Arsenal players that Arsenal can’t sell tyvm

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Candre villas boas would be a good fit, he even loves driving in the desert

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Who will be their Robinho?

that one brazilian guy that plays for flamengo and scores loads of goals and is like 25 and was in europe before but wasn't particularly good

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Newcastle's signings should be imo:

code:

Allan Saint-Maximin (LW)         Bobby Duncan (FW)         Sergi Canós (RW)

Todd Cantwell (CM)          Sergio Canales (CM)        Emre Can (CM)   

Cancelo (LB)      Inigo Martinez (CB)    Dayot Upamecano (CB)    Reggie Cannon (RB)

GK: Ugurcan Cakir
Paolo di Canio for new manager, Assman would be Duncan Ferguson

e: Maican as reserve fullback

sticksy fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 9, 2021

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

All the talk about China makes me think it's time to bring Big Fella back to the prem and Tyneside might be the way

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Taliban to take over Middlesbrough FC

THE new rulers of Afghanistan are to buy out Middlesbrough FC for £320 million, the Premier League has confirmed.

The ultraconservative Islamists said that the purchase was made out of a lifelong love for Middlesbrough among the Taliban, who regard legendary players like Alan Foggon and Bernie Slaven as inspirations in their drive to establish an uncompromisingly hardline theocratic regime.

Donna Sheridan, spokeswoman for the consortium that fronted the offer, said: “The Taliban have offered assurances that although women, including myself, will not be allowed inside the stadium, we will be allowed within 100 yards on match days.

“Furthermore, players can be assured that they will only suffer amputations after exceptionally poor performances, and that these will even help them avoid falling foul of the FA’s ridiculous VAR handball rules.”

Jubilant supporters celebrated in front of the stadium, waving banners in support of the Taliban. Once seen as the mortal enemy of the West they are now regarded as local heroes for putting money into a club languishing in the Championship.

Fan Tom Logan said: “You’re always going to get jealous cynics dragging politics into football, even on a day of unmitigated good news like this. Well, pardon me but I’m going to slaughter a goat and fire my machine gun in the air.”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1446498466738413582?s=20

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1446618302688731138

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
One head that won’t roll is manager of the month, Mikel Arteta.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

hadji murad posted:

One head that won’t roll is manager of the month, Mikel Arteta.

Deserved for masterminding a draw against title contenders Brighton & Hove Albion.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This takeover has really made some people mad who will declare that they are, in fact, not mad at all

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm not mad, but I will be mad when Newcastle beat Leeds with their newly assembled Mr burns softball team

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
please post that tweet at me the next time I wonder out loud why people think our fans are idiots

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

This takeover has really made some people mad who will declare that they are, in fact, not mad at all

I'm pretty sure that Barry Glendenning will tell you that he's mad, and he'll tell you every day

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

I'm not mad, but I will be mad when Newcastle beat Leeds with their newly assembled Mr burns softball team

Especially when it features bamford and Phillips

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I hope the Saudis sign Onana on a free so Inter don’t get him.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Other teams furious, just furious over cans of oil. "That's a lot of cans" says furious spokesperson.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

https://twitter.com/AFCAMDEN/status/1446431038453030912?s=20

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lots of xenophobia itt rn :(

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
i almost forgot that mourinho has quietly had a love affair with newcastle for awhile now given his adoration of sir bobby robson and it's basically his only way back into the PL so i wonder if they'll buy him out this season from roma or wait a few yrs for the project to advance and then snag him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If it were to happen now would be the best time. Depends if he'd want to leave Roma and if they want him though. Would give him a lot of love from supporters while he made things stable before he blows it up in classic mourinho style

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
mourinho being ripped from roma would be very funny, so i'd like that to happen. it'd be even more excellent if newcastle still went down

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the reddit rumour was neil lennon, which would be exponentially funnier and I would make all of the meme faces

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I guess maybe Newcastle could offer him more money than he'd be able to refuse, but still I'd be surprised to see Mourinho leave Roma midseason. He seems to be having fun being back in Italy.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Everybody is telling me Newcastle is good and cool again but I can't tell from this thread.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the popes toes posted:

Everybody is telling me Newcastle is good and cool again but I can't tell from this thread.

same

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think Mourinho will come, just look at the phrase "classic mourinho style"

Classic mourinho style

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the popes toes posted:

It's good if you like big money signings and 'sports campuses', but bad if you like alive journalists

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I think Mourinho will come, just look at the phrase "classic mourinho style"

Classic mourinho style

my god, this checks out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Brucey's edging closer to the door and a £7m payout. The absolute dream

Some interesting replacements mentioned. Could see Favre or Gerrard, less so Brendan. Don't think Potter's going to want to leave Brighton in the middle of their march to Europe. Would lol forever if they got Martinez

Currently trying to decide whether I'd take 7 million quid to retire from management on 999 games and I think that I Would

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
If Gerrard backs himself to win the league this season, then the winner of the SPFL is almost guaranteed Champions League group stage football next season. I think he stays, has that and then moves on with experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

If Gerrard backs himself to win the league this season, then the winner of the SPFL is almost guaranteed Champions League group stage football next season. I think he stays, has that and then moves on with experience.

Has Scotlands coefficient changed or something? Or do you think they will get through qualifying