Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Desfore posted:

I am legit confused how he though this would be a good setting/diorama for a Space Wolf army? Not some kind of Slaanesh or 3rd-party SoB?)

A lot of hopeless nerds are equally horny and convinced that they’re very funny, clever people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Fyrbrand posted:

Hello thread, please join me in disgust at this, the worst thing I've seen at a con:

I think we can close the thread now.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

"Always open"

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
That's just terrain for a spicy wizard of oz game right? ...right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hate it, but the fact that Space Wolves are on that thing does make me chuckle like what in the actual gently caress.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

From the Fallout facepage.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Ugleb posted:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ugleb posted:

The skin color of the hand holding this piece of terrain and the length of the thumb nail on it tell me everything I need to know about the person who made this.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ugleb posted:

A marginalized group that are seen as violent and subhuman and are harassed and killed by the authorities.

It kind of fits. There is a tiny chance they are making a clever statement and not just being edgy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

giving chuds the benefit of the doubt has worked out so well in the past decade

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

A marginalized group that are seen as violent and subhuman and are harassed and killed by the authorities.

It kind of fits. There is a tiny chance they are making a clever statement and not just being edgy.

As I said

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Lol

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

I understand her confusion. There is substantial difference between classical C and C#, most notably that C is a procedural language while C# is object oriented. As such, the C = C# statement would fail both as an assignment and as a boolean comparison.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

C# is a chromatic semitone above C and a diatonic semitone below D, it's completely different from C.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

i read this as a programming joke at first and was very confused

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I understand her confusion. There is substantial difference between classical C and C#, most notably that C is a procedural language while C# is object oriented. As such, the C = C# statement would fail both as an assignment and as a boolean comparison.

:golfclap:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i read this as a programming joke at first and was very confused

:golfclap:

"tone deaf"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

yeah, i got it after a moment, it just took that moment lol

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I thought it was "Dog whistle"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Wrr posted:

I thought it was "Dog whistle"

nah that's

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Scratch Monkey posted:

A lot of hopeless nerds are equally horny and convinced that they’re very funny, clever people

And that's how the world got Ernest Klein. Or whoever it was who wrote that RPO shite.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I do admire the weathering on it, but drat not good. At best, like pointed out, tone deaf.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

DicktheCat posted:

I do admire the weathering on it, but drat not good. At best, like pointed out, tone deaf.

He does table after table of gorgeous terrain, sadly this piece hits a bum note.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

And now for something not depressing!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Ugleb posted:

And now for something not depressing!

Kromlech's got some neat ideas. Too bad they also have a lot of terrible ones.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Are Stormboyz still a think in 40k, or did GW shuffle away from them entirely?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ugleb posted:

They are still a thing, and still use rockets to fly around.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ugleb posted:

They are but they don't look like nazis anymore. Instead they're kinda mad maxified aviators.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

To be fair, i think the gretchin is supposed to look like the 3e Commissar Yarrick model, but the rest can get hosed

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Silhouette posted:

To be fair, i think the gretchin is supposed to look like the 3e Commissar Yarrick model, but the rest can get hosed

ah yeah, should've realized that. Here's some unmistakenly nazi gretchin instead

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 15, 2021

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I mean, if you're gonna do nazis, making them butt-ugly stupid monsters is like the least objectional way to do it.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I mean, if you're gonna do nazis, making them butt-ugly stupid monsters is like the least objectional way to do it.

Yeah, I mean, you're really reaching if you call those flattering depictions of fascism. We'd have way less problems if fascists were depicted in popular media as hideous orcs and contemptible knee-high gremlins rather than cool, intelligent, supermen who have tragically gone one step too far.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mr. Sunshine posted:

why do nazis at all, who asked for nazi orcs

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Winklebottom posted:

J. R. R. Tolkien?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Winklebottom posted:

Poland?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

We have nazi orcs here alright

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Winklebottom posted:

I mean, if I was going to play a WW2 historical as the fascists, I think the nazi orcs would be less creepy than the alternative. It'd let me spend hours painting the uniforms of history's greatest monsters while also making it absolutely clear that I thought of them as monsters. Plus I imagine it's an easy way to offend an actual fascist.

The alternative is the classic single pass of black primer.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Winklebottom posted:

Scale75, iirc.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Winklebottom posted:

Sadly Nazi Orks are a thing, and I've seen multiple versions of them from different bits creators. :(

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Thanqol posted:

I mean, if I was going to play a WW2 historical as the fascists, I think the nazi orcs would be less creepy than the alternative. It'd let me spend hours painting the uniforms of history's greatest monsters while also making it absolutely clear that I thought of them as monsters. Plus I imagine it's an easy way to offend an actual fascist.

The alternative is the classic single pass of black primer.

Spay them hot pink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
or(c/k)s are awesome, they don't deserve nazi versions