Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Exodus definitely isn't on sale across Europe, I'm in Ireland and it's €30 rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
It's £7.58 here. Is that a Smart Delivery game that updates to next gen?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Cool, and that applies even to digital purchases?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It has a big X|S symbol on the cover picture on the store.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

It has a big X|S symbol on the cover picture on the store.

Just says Xbox Live here?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it was a free upgrade so you just buy whatever version and if you install it on a Series, you get the upgrade

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just says Xbox Live here?

You're looking at a key reseller site, not the Xbox Store.

It should be fine if you order it from there, I guess?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disco Elysium is out

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/disco-elysium-the-final-cut/9ntrs771l8hl?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

drat, I was hoping it was on Game Pass. It's also something like 40% off on Steam right now.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

enojy posted:

drat, I was hoping it was on Game Pass. It's also something like 40% off on Steam right now.

I purchased it, which means its coming to game pass next week. you're welcome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

kri kri posted:

I thank you for your service.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

kri kri posted:

Thank you! I was debating just snagging it on PC, but I couldn't in good faith, as I'm already juggling games and wanting to at least try Back 4 Blood.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

kri kri posted:

I was hovering over the 'buy' button, good thing I decided to read the latest posts in the Xbox thread first!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

dope

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/1447961640801034250

quote:

Quake "Next-Gen" updates just went live. These are free upgrades for existing owners:

Xbox Series X|S
- 4K maximum resolution
- 120 FPS
- Play Anywhere support

PlayStation 5
- 4K maximum resolution
- 120 FPS
- DualSense and integrated speaker support

Nice

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
8bitdo is releasing a wired Xbox/PC version of the really good Pro 2 controller. $45 in December.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1447981767210663937?s=21

(It has paddles)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Zerot posted:

8bitdo is releasing a wired Xbox/PC version of the really good Pro 2 controller. $45 in December.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1447981767210663937?s=21

(It has paddles)

Yes, but the left stick is in the wrong place. :colbert:

edit: if anyone pre-ordered the 20th anniversary controller, I would order 2 of these and trade you.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I’m 100% buying that for the PC and hate that Microsoft wireless weirdness stops the regular Pro 2 from easily working on the Xbox or PC even though it supports Xinput.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
That looks nice and everyone loves the switch one, but man I really don't like the playstation stick layout, I wish they didn't do that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

super fart shooter posted:

That looks nice and everyone loves the switch one, but man I really don't like the playstation stick layout, I wish they didn't do that

it has sucked for 20+ years now, and sony flat loving refuses to change it

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I can use my 8bitdo Pro 2 just fine on Windows with most things, it can even interact natively with the UI. If I run into problems it's usually the case that a game also has issues with regular Xbox controllers. Occasionally some pairing problems and it's slower to connect than an official controller, but otherwise it works just fine.

But if people prefer a wired one, that's cool too. It's a good form factor.

Oh, wait, this wired one works on Xbox consoles. That's very cool.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I haven't had any problems with the 8bitdo Pro 2 on my PC but I only play wired since Bluetooth is the root of like 99% of my Win10 issues. Why is Bluetooth still so freaking bad!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Sony style symmetrical stick layout puts better emphasis on the d-pad. I have the wireless Pro 2 and it has a god-tier d-pad on the level of the SNES. Very ideal if you're play a lot of retro and 2D games. The Pro 2 is one of my favorite controllers.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey, Destiny 2 just got added to Game Pass PC. Includes all the previous and current expansions* (Forsaken, Shadowkeep and Beyond Light) but I don't think the current season pass is included. This current season is supposed to last until late February, so plenty of time to mess around if you're new to the game.

* Minus the content that Bungie has removed.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't had any problems with the 8bitdo Pro 2 on my PC but I only play wired since Bluetooth is the root of like 99% of my Win10 issues. Why is Bluetooth still so freaking bad!!

My favorite thing is xbox controllers loving with my continuous glucose monitor that also has to use bluetooth.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Professor Beetus posted:

My favorite thing is xbox controllers loving with my continuous glucose monitor that also has to use bluetooth.

:eyepop:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Katana Zero rules. Hurry up and play it before it leaves Game Pass in 2 days.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Professor Beetus posted:

Wow you should sue for mad $$$

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Xbox controller only uses Bluetooth when it's not connected to an Xbox. Maybe you should stop playing on inferior devices and buy a drat Xbox like Phil intended.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ErrEff posted:

...but I don't think the current Destiny 2 season pass is included.

You are correct, no season passes included. If you were cross-playing elsewhere (i.e. Xbox) already and bought seasons on that platform, those do transfer if you're using cross-save.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

Katana Zero rules. Hurry up and play it before it leaves Game Pass in 2 days.

It really does. I had played it on Switch like 2 years ago but decided to buy it for Xbox to support the developer. Plus the DLC is apparently gonna be huge and a free addition if you own it? I'd rather play that on Xbox, and there's the game pass discount right?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

Xbox controller only uses Bluetooth when it's not connected to an Xbox. Maybe you should stop playing on inferior devices and buy a drat Xbox like Phil intended.

I have an xbox, friend, but I like to use god's chosen controller on as many devices as allowed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the procession to cavalry is an absolute must-play gamepass game

i'm not even very far into it and i love it already

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally playing Disco Elysium and its a good adventure game, but it really, really expects you to want to indulge way more than I want to.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Hope this is the right thread.

My wife gifted me an original Xbox. Luckily the version that doesn't require me to remove the clock capacitor.

I picked up the Panorama Hyperkin to connect it to my 4k. At first I noticed the color was really dull. Like the logo was a very pale/muted green, definitely not the right color.

Some light googling was of no help, and while I was messing with my TV's picture settings it suddenly blinked to the right color, no action on my part. Wth happened? Did my cable have to "warm up"? It wasn't like I was jiggling a loose cable, it just sort of started working suddenly.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sounds like HDR? I'd guess your TV was displaying your Xbox's SDR video in HDR mode, which caused the colors to look wrong. Eventually it somehow detected that it was SDR content and changed the display mode to SDR.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Alright I’ve got an odd problem here and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to solve it. So I have my Series S and I play it on a nice PC monitor which is currently the only display I own. The monitor has no speakers so I use an hdmi audio splitter to direct the sound to PC speakers as well. This worked great when it was on a desk but my living situation has changed recently and I no longer have space for a desk, so the Xbox and monitor sit on a small shelf with the speakers across from my bed and act as my entertainment center.

The problem is, the Xbox has no software volume control. I can turn the volume of Spotify up and down via the app on my phone, but I can’t control the volume for anything else without physically getting up and turning the knob on the speakers. This is fine during the day but annoying as hell when I’m curled up in bed at night. Is there any way I could make it so that I can control the volume remotely?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This will solve the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any decent podcast app for Xbox? (Not Spotify)
Basically one where I can throw an RSS link in and have it play with the background audio option on the consoles. Thanks!