Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
is there an internet rule where all chat eventually evolves into costco chat? i feel like this phenomenon has happened in so many places for me, from bideo james to my study group's discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
just means you hang around in the correct places friend

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

stellers bae posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

He thinks you have to buy the sweatshirt from slickdeals dot net

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

FCKGW posted:

He thinks you have to buy the sweatshirt from slickdeals dot net

Yeah that’s what I thought…. Even if you have to buy from Costco that’s still a major fail that they have “sales” at the store you have to pay a membership to. Everything should be fully discounted to the max on sale all the time if you’re paying a drat fee to shop there. Costco is a fail….

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

epic 2012 username posted:

Yeah that’s what I thought…. Even if you have to buy from Costco that’s still a major fail that they have “sales” at the store you have to pay a membership to. Everything should be fully discounted to the max on sale all the time if you’re paying a drat fee to shop there. Costco is a fail….

Be gone heretic

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Church was out of rotisserie chickens for a whole 8 minutes today and I saw a man just sort of emotionally collapse during the gap between chicken refills at the hot counter thing. It was a journey.

Also they had big bags of Kirkland brand popcorn kernels, so I bought two. Costcorn.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Captain Beans posted:

just means you hang around in the correct places friend

:haibrow:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Mormon Nailer posted:

Church was out of rotisserie chickens for a whole 8 minutes today and I saw a man just sort of emotionally collapse during the gap between chicken refills at the hot counter thing. It was a journey.

Also they had big bags of Kirkland brand popcorn kernels, so I bought two. Costcorn.
I was having a super terrible day once and really just wanted to get a chicken and some salad so I could go home and cry and binge eat. The chicken wasn't there in the case waiting for me and I admit it. I kinda melted down and cried a little bit. I wasn't used to costco letting me down and I just really needed it. I wasn't even done being a little brat before they were putting out fresh chickens. It felt like they were mocking me for being insolent.

I got a hot dog on the way out to cope.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

fizzymercury posted:

I was having a super terrible day once and really just wanted to get a chicken and some salad so I could go home and cry and binge eat. The chicken wasn't there in the case waiting for me and I admit it. I kinda melted down and cried a little bit. I wasn't used to costco letting me down and I just really needed it. I wasn't even done being a little brat before they were putting out fresh chickens. It felt like they were mocking me for being insolent.

I got a hot dog on the way out to cope.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I better find one of these god dang Costco puzzles

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

NO loving PUZZLE :(

bagmonkey posted:

I better find one of these god dang Costco puzzles

They still had a bunch at my store, I can make another run this week and pick up a few if ya'll want.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
speaking of costco gas station

how much is it where you are

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Alan Smithee posted:

$2.75 for regular $3.07 for premium

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
$3.99 for regular in California. It's amazing. Most Chevron's are $4.79 now.

Also, I am disappointed with these dress socks for work. Granted I do a lot of walking at the office, but the elastic isn't great on them. They slide down way too much for being new socks.

https://www.costco.com/gold-toe-men%27s-wentworth-dress-sock%2c-5-pair.product.100681696.html

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

epic 2012 username posted:

Psst, the membership fees keep the people of Walmart out. It's a class thing.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

If you filter for churches with gas stations, you can actually see the gas prices under the Warehouse Locator on the website.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mormon Nailer posted:

Just last night I made the best popcorn of my life grinding some salt into theater salt and using my wok. I'll have to get some Costcorn now.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

NewFatMike posted:

Just last night I made the best popcorn of my life grinding some salt into theater salt and using my wok. I'll have to get some Costcorn now.

WTF is “theater salt” and why didn’t you get five gallons of it at the ‘Co?

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Ultimate Mango posted:

Salt ground down finer than cocaine?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

NewFatMike posted:

Highly recommended. I'm doing dumb mindless snacks with Costcorn, air-popped, with za'atar and a little olive oil and salt. It's nice.

Also I grabbed some big bags of those tiny sweet peppers, and drat, they're real good.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

$3.70something just outside Seattle

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Alan Smithee posted:

$2.89 regular, $3.14 premium, St. Louis area.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It was $4.25 last week in Orange County CA.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
$3.59 Costco vs $3.99-4.09 regular gas stations last time I went

which due to some mistakes was me going at peak hours and I was all set to be extremely mad at my life choices but actually only one person was a jerk in the lines and everyone else was a pro so it was really quick, all things considered

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's funny we were just posting about office chairs a month back because my 2 year old Costco office chair gave up the ghost and is effectively unusable. Absolutely not worth the purchase price.

Finding an office liquidator with a showroom open to the public is proving difficult and I might have to *shutter* call a few and ask if they're open to the public. Unfortunately I also love going full dad and napping and reclining in my chair so I dunno if a proper office chair is for me and I really don't want to deal with this poo poo right now.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Ultimate Mango posted:

Flavacol, most likely. Five gallons of it would last a movie theater like a year. A little goes a real long way.

https://www.poppacorn.ca/blogs/whats-hot-right-now/what-is-flavacol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Finding an office liquidator with a showroom open to the public is proving difficult and I might have to *shutter* call a few and ask if they're open to the public. Unfortunately I also love going full dad and napping and reclining in my chair so I dunno if a proper office chair is for me and I really don't want to deal with this poo poo right now.

I bought one of the Gamer Chairs from the 'co as a stop gap measure until I have enough extra money to do exactly what you're doing right now. I browsed a few local places that have online shops essentially and there are a few chairs that looked fuckin perfect for office napping.

Enos Cabell posted:

They still had a bunch at my store, I can make another run this week and pick up a few if ya'll want.

I'm gonna hit ya up via PM!!

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

It's funny we were just posting about office chairs a month back because my 2 year old Costco office chair gave up the ghost and is effectively unusable. Absolutely not worth the purchase price.

A used/refurbed/liquidated aeron chair is almost always your best bet. Steelcase makes some decent chairs too

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

$2.75 here in Kentucky. It's $2.99 at pretty much every other station

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Renegret posted:

Go to Btod, they have refurb Steelcase Leap V2s for around 600 shipped.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

Go to Btod, they have refurb Steelcase Leap V2s for around 600 shipped.

This is the way. Picked one up about 5 years ago and it's still comfy and solid as hell.

bagmonkey posted:

I'm gonna hit ya up via PM!!

Sounds good! I'm probably making a run later today if anyone else wants in on that puzzle action.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Geodude posted:

$3.99 for regular in California. It's amazing. Most Chevron's are $4.79 now.

Also, I am disappointed with these dress socks for work. Granted I do a lot of walking at the office, but the elastic isn't great on them. They slide down way too much for being new socks.

https://www.costco.com/gold-toe-men%27s-wentworth-dress-sock%2c-5-pair.product.100681696.html

Those socks are complete rear end and always have been. It's Bombas or nothing for me now.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

$3.09/3.45 in New Jersey.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
god drat $4.29 for premium

thankfully i live in an urban area and can bike anywhere and not use the car if i dont need to.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Re: Costco: Gas Prices ONLY

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ultimate Mango posted:

It's super fine salt, I just put some in a cheap electric coffee grinder I got to serve as my spice grinder.

I did, however, use some of the massive jug of Himalayan pink salt I got from Costco to grind down!

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
My local Costco is currently at $420.69

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's for premium, obviously?

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Yes, of course. I think regular was $3.59 last night as well.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Gas is inelastic demand who gives a poo poo how much it costs can we get back on track here and talk about puzzles?