Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

beep by grandpa posted:

when my girlfriend was asking what i meant about the blacks,

Thats a hell of a way to start a sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tei posted:

CRT is better for pixel art that was designed with CRT in mind

:tviv:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Well I'm the first poc she ever dated so she's been hearing about the blacks and being around the blacks since day 1 :c00l:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjRhvUghA4

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tei posted:

CRT is better for pixel art that was designed with CRT in mind

It's true. And welcome back.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's true. And welcome back.

<3 to you guys

I will never leave, I am just pseudo-afk waiting for the titles I feel more at home. Looking forward for Stranger of Paradise, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dying Light 2 and Riftbreaker.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, Dying Light 2 would be nice right about now :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll finish my competitive examination in November, a quick trip to Bologna (Italy), I'll start Sekiro and beat it before Elden Ring. A game that I will preorder on PS5 if I get one or on PS4 at least.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah, Dying Light 2 would be nice right about now :(

I just realized that got pushed back to February. It's out a couple weeks after Elden Ring :\ guess I won't be picking it up on launch day then.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it’s a real bummer. That was probably my #1 for end of 2021 and now it’s coming out right in the middle of bunch of stuff I’m looking forward to even more. Might still be able to squeeze it in at launch. We will see. Planning on playing Elden ring for like a month and then I think HZD and god of war are right after that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every time I read the words Elden Ring I smile to myself and howl the title of the game in my mind

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Not a big problem for me since I don't care about HZD or GOW

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

every time I read the words Elden Ring I smile to myself and whisper "ahhh... hosed up little man" in my mind

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LMAO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

still no "aahhhh hosed up little man" smiley or gangtag :negative:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Turn off your monitor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thiccabod posted:

Turn off your monitor

lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I will make it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

My Episode I Racer platinum trophy fulfills goals I set for myself as a child

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Inspector Hound posted:

My Episode I Racer platinum trophy fulfills goals I set for myself as a child

I hope when it popped you said “now this is pod racing!”

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

haveblue posted:

I hope when it popped you said “now this is pod racing!”

I think that's what the trophy was called lol

Excellent purchase on my part imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I will make it.

but then you would be... typing a swear :eyepop:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inspector Hound posted:

I think that's what the trophy was called lol

Excellent purchase on my part imo

https://www.exophase.com/trophy/star-wars-episode-i-racer-psn/307806-now-this-is-podracing/

yes indeed, glorious

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

every time I read the words Elden Ring I smile to myself and howl the title of the game in my mind

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Been saying this to myself whenever i do dumb poo poo irl and it helps me get through said dumb poo poo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SiKboy posted:

drat I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this, I can't be that broken

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve never seen an OLED big screen at work, but my LG Nanocell feels like having a movie screen in my apartment. The only time it doesn’t look absolutely perfect is sometimes I’ll get a deep black on the screen that looks splotchy or a little washed out if there is light coming from a different part of the screen. Like when I turn on my PS5, the little “HDR” rectangle pops up in the corner and it’ll kind of pixelate the black on the screen. What is that? Is there anything I can do about it? It literally only effects blacks, the rest of it is perfect.
Local dimming?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Looks a game that isn't tedious to plat. Might as well bite since it's been years (PC release ages ago) since last I played it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

This was literally the first thing we decided when making that game.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Looks a game that isn't tedious to plat. Might as well bite since it's been years (PC release ages ago) since last I played it.

It's awesome, use this guide for the last achievement, buying all the best parts, you can accidentally make it impossible and it's easy to do the little trick the faq describes to make sure you don't

Akuma posted:

This was literally the first thing we decided when making that game.

What. Do. You. Mean. "We."

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 12, 2021

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

What. Do. You. Mean. "We."
My studio did the version of the game that you just platinumed, friend (edit: we did PS4, Switch and then later Xbox One versions.) We had an N64 and a copy of the original game plugged into our giant-rear end 4K TV for 9 months, lol. It did not look good.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Akuma posted:

My studio did the version of the game that you just platinumed, friend (edit: we did PS4, Switch and then later Xbox One versions.) We had an N64 and a copy of the original game plugged into our giant-rear end 4K TV for 9 months, lol. It did not look good.

I loved this game, excellent work, thank you for going through that for everyone! I played the poo poo out of this game as a kid and it was great to revisit.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

I loved this game, excellent work, thank you for going through that for everyone! I played the poo poo out of this game as a kid and it was great to revisit.

Akuma posted:

Another satisfied customer! Hopefully.
Glad you enjoyed it :) A lot of people wish we'd updated the visuals when we simply weren't allowed to, but for me (and probably you) the graphics being what they are has some nostalgic charm.

I bought the fancy limited edition of the game from Limited Run to keep as a memento of working on it because it was a bit of a dream come true.

We wanted to do Rogue Squadron, too, but that didn't happen :/

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I played episode 1 racer last year and it was great. Graphics are fine as they are it's all about the nostalgia after all.

Is your studio going to be working on more retro projects like this?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

I played episode 1 racer last year and it was great. Graphics are fine as they are it's all about the nostalgia after all.

Is your studio going to be working on more retro projects like this?
Not at the moment. We did the mobile version of KOTOR2 earlier this year which could fit somebody's definition of "retro" I suppose. I did a few versions of Sonic Mania this year and last (the engine is called "retro engine!") Right now we're working on Crusader Kings 3 for consoles, we've been the developer of Human: Fall Flat for a while now, we're currently finishing up on a AAA FPS that usually releases every October-November. I can't say what else we're doing but none of it is retro, I'm afraid.

Maybe if Aspyr hadn't been Embraced...

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 12, 2021

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That was one of my favorite games back in the day and for some reason I just sort of ignored the rerelease. I’m definitely going to pick it up sometime. Thanks for helping make it happen Akuma!

e: oh drat you’re working on CK3 as well! I’ve wanted to get into that for so long after multiple failed attempts on the computer for various reasons. I can’t wait to have it on my PS5 :3:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Akuma posted:

Not at the moment. We did the mobile version of KOTOR2 earlier this year which could fit somebody's definition of "retro" I suppose. I did a few versions of Sonic Mania this year and last (the engine is called "retro engine!") Right now we're working on Crusader Kings 3 for consoles, we've been the developer Human: Fall Flat for a while now, we're currently finishing up on a AAA FPS that usually releases every October-November. I can't say what else we're doing but none of it is retro, I'm afraid.

...what other versions of Sonic Mania are there going to be...??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Akuma posted:

Not at the moment. We did the mobile version of KOTOR2 earlier this year which could fit somebody's definition of "retro" I suppose. I did a few versions of Sonic Mania this year and last (the engine is called "retro engine!") Right now we're working on Crusader Kings 3 for consoles, we've been the developer Human: Fall Flat for a while now, we're currently finishing up on a AAA FPS that usually releases every October-November. I can't say what else we're doing but none of it is retro, I'm afraid.

Do I recall correctly that that version of Kotor 2 despite being for mobile, was set up to allow restored content mod to be read?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

That was one of my favorite games back in the day and for some reason I just sort of ignored the rerelease. I’m definitely going to pick it up sometime. Thanks for helping make it happen Akuma!

e: oh drat you’re working on CK3 as well! I’ve wanted to get into that for so long after multiple failed attempts on the computer for various reasons. I can’t wait to have it on my PS5 :3:
I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

CK3 is pretty great on console IMO, I hope people like it.

Baggot posted:

...what other versions of Sonic Mania are there going to be...??
If you got it free or bought it from the Epic store, bought it on Origin, or streamed it on Amazon Luna, I did that. Previously we did the Steam version of the DLC and I consulted on the initial PC release. So nothing sexy - just straight ports.

Rinkles posted:

Do I recall correctly that that version of Kotor 2 despite being for mobile, was set up to allow restored content mod to be read?
Yeah. For a long time the plan was to have it integrated but ~*legal issues*~ got in the way, so it was deliberately left in a state that it should be easy for modders to do it. And it happened basically immediately after release, heh. It's actually a pretty good version of the game, just a shame it's... a mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks for all the good ports