Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Baronash posted:

I want nothing more than for this to be an Airtag refresh or something.

macOS on M1 iPad, but no new hardware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

iPod Hi-Fi

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Baronash posted:

I want nothing more than for this to be an Airtag refresh or something.

two words: Pippin M1

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

They are finally releasing my dream laptop I won’t buy till January probably, but I’m stoked.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Newton Pro

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The only way I'm upgrading is if they release a 13-14" OLED/Mini LED M1X MacBook Pro.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Gay Retard posted:

The only way I'm upgrading is if they release a 13-14" OLED/Mini LED M1X MacBook Pro.

It’s not OLED but will be mini LED with like a 20 hour battery life. (We know this from panel leaks.)

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Is there a USB-C dock other than the CalDigit TS3+ around $250 that doesn't have a ton of people complaining about display issues? I just got a 16 in. 2019 MBP for work and need something to be able to plug in two monitors. Dual DisplayPort would be great but 1 DP/1 HDMI would work as well. Would also prefer something that can do 1440p/144Hz but it's not a hard requirement.

e: The only reason I don't get a TS3+ is that it's been out of stock for a while and I'm tired of sitting on the couch all day.

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 12, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

jimtech posted:

More to the point is that USB C docks can work fine depending on what you use them for.

sure but op was talking about a usbc dock that enables a second display on m1 computers that don't support two displays, which is something else imo

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Return of ipod socks

iMac sock

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

frogbs posted:

iMac sock

honestly kind of surprised we don't see people really hawking some magnetic felt cover that you slide onto the imac when not in use

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I remember when some goon on here (when this guy was barely at a 100k) was saying he was too "niche" to ever make it as a YouTuber. Well judging by his sub count and this video, I think he's probably doing just fine.

(he also has spec leak/configures apparently for Monday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNINTJwZzq4&t=92s

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

i vomit kittens posted:

Is there a USB-C dock other than the CalDigit TS3+ around $250 that doesn't have a ton of people complaining about display issues? I just got a 16 in. 2019 MBP for work and need something to be able to plug in two monitors. Dual DisplayPort would be great but 1 DP/1 HDMI would work as well. Would also prefer something that can do 1440p/144Hz but it's not a hard requirement.

e: The only reason I don't get a TS3+ is that it's been out of stock for a while and I'm tired of sitting on the couch all day.
CalDigit also make something called the USB-C Pro Dock which we’ve got a couple of at work and they seem to work pretty well. Dual DisplayPort and despite the name it does actually do Thunderbolt as well as USB-C (it steps down to USB-C if the device doesn’t support Thunderbolt).

Of course, that’s another CalDigit product so it may also be out of stock.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I was definitely updating my MacBook Pro 2017 when the new models come out, but my cat tried to climb on the clamshell while the little stands I have were on and he cracked the LCD on the lower right.

I had planned on trading it in, but that’s probably hosed now. Should I bother getting it repaired? How much is a new screen vs how much will it reduce what I get for it?

drat cat. :argh:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

New big iMac or new mac mini X and a fuckoff big wideboy monitor?
The challenge will be the 4tb of space I need rip wallet

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I'm really tempted to try and trade in my M1 MBP for the 14" when it's released.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

is there a goatse MacBook sticker out there? Asking for a friend

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is there any image that goons won't slap that mans hands on? Also lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

What's that man doing with his mac?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Last Chance posted:

What's that man doing with his mac?

timb cook walks on stage and shows everybody his apple bottom

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Is anyone still here that's old enough to know what that is

I can only hope one day that's a jeopardy question, category "early internet"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/13/eve-online-now-available-for-macs-apple-silicon/

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bob Morales posted:

Is anyone still here that's old enough to know what that is

I can only hope one day that's a jeopardy question, category "early internet"

You think goons post less as they age? Please

I bet Tim Apple is a fan of the goat man and is going to reintroduce the G line of macs, starting with Goatman1 in Candy rear end Red

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

LionArcher posted:

I remember when some goon on here (when this guy was barely at a 100k) was saying he was too "niche" to ever make it as a YouTuber. Well judging by his sub count and this video, I think he's probably doing just fine.

(he also has spec leak/configures apparently for Monday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNINTJwZzq4&t=92s

apparently people only click on videos where the youtuber is making that face in the thumnail now because it is completely inescapable

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

apparently people only click on videos where the youtuber is making that face in the thumnail now because it is completely inescapable

my so and i were discussing the other day how many youtube personalities have become clowns. i explicitly do not watch videos that have this face or pull dumb title poo poo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

At some point Linus put out a vid saying basically just that. The stupid face gets clicks.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

and linus is the king of having a stupid, punchable face

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s the only tech YouTube person who bothered to test the steam deck properly when valve gave the press some hands on time so I like home for that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s the only tech YouTube person who bothered to test the steam deck properly when valve gave the press some hands on time so I like home for that

what, did he chuck it into the garbage where it belongs?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Puppy Galaxy posted:

humans are hard-wired to enjoy seeing people cum, dude, don’t make it weird

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

Is the steam deck bad? Nintendo Switch but for PC games sounds real good tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

akadajet posted:

No

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

akadajet posted:

akadajet posted:

and linus is the king of having a stupid, punchable face

what a cool, normal seeming guy this is :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

what a cool, normal seeming guy this is :allears:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

linus sucks. pro tip: if you don't want to see him you can block his channel on YT.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like Linus. His channel is full of ridiculous things that in reality don't need to be more than 'I wonder' thoughts but does it anyway, he seems to genuinely give Apple stuff a fair shot despite not being the company of choice for him and criticizes them appropriately, genuinely apologizes when he's wrong, and seems a decent boss and person. You know what you're getting when you see the obvious clickbait thumbnails and definitely feels like you're in on the joke as you watch.

On the other hand I like iJustine, but a while back I realized I don't think I'd ever seen her criticize any product she was talking about and it started to go from feeling like genuine nonstop enthusiasm to being a bit shilly. Fun videos, and probably shouldn't really expect anything more from people who cross into YT superstardom or whatever.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like Linus. His channel is full of ridiculous things that in reality don't need to be more than 'I wonder' thoughts but does it anyway, he seems to genuinely give Apple stuff a fair shot despite not being the company of choice for him and criticizes them appropriately, genuinely apologizes when he's wrong, and seems a decent boss and person. You know what you're getting when you see the obvious clickbait thumbnails and definitely feels like you're in on the joke as you watch.

On the other hand I like iJustine, but a while back I realized I don't think I'd ever seen her criticize any product she was talking about and it started to go from feeling like genuine nonstop enthusiasm to being a bit shilly. Fun videos, and probably shouldn't really expect anything more from people who cross into YT superstardom or whatever.

I generally like Linus and find him to be a pretty upstanding and responsible guy, and I think his content is generally very well done and thought-out, but it’s also problematic to me when he goes on rants about e-waste and planned obsolescence and their social/environmental cost, but then takes money from cryptocurrency scams and data harvesters like Honey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Last Chance posted:

linus sucks. pro tip: if you don't want to see him you can block his channel on YT.

LMG (his company) has like seven youtube channels

ltt
techquickie
the unboxing one
the apple one
channel superfun
carpool critics
and i'm sure i'm forgetting one or two

you'll never be free of linus