Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

grund mundung!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's the spooky season but there's actual spooky poo poo happening in my house again and it doesn't bother me but it's scaring the gently caress out of everyone else in my life.

I put out some extra butter, a little extra tobacco in a pipe, a couple fingers of very nice whiskey, some honey in a mug.

When I woke up that honey was black as pitch; the whiskey gone, the tobacco pipe cashed.

Nobody's been in that room, at all, and it was locked with the key I wear on my neck. I was asleep shortly after I put it there, and I checked it right after I woke up. I don't sleep walk and I couldn't have turned that honey black, and I've never been able to smoke a tobacco pipe.

The biggest tell was that the butter had gone rancid like butter that has been out for years.

Don't open doors if you don't wanna find what's on the other side.

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

It's the spooky season but there's actual spooky poo poo happening in my house again and it doesn't bother me but it's scaring the gently caress out of everyone else in my life.

I put out some extra butter, a little extra tobacco in a pipe, a couple fingers of very nice whiskey, some honey in a mug.

When I woke up that honey was black as pitch; the whiskey gone, the tobacco pipe cashed.

Nobody's been in that room, at all, and it was locked with the key I wear on my neck. I was asleep shortly after I put it there, and I checked it right after I woke up. I don't sleep walk and I couldn't have turned that honey black, and I've never been able to smoke a tobacco pipe.

The biggest tell was that the butter had gone rancid like butter that has been out for years.

Are you lookin to get rid of whatever it is or make pals with em? I presume the latter cause you left em presents. I've had to banish hostile energies before and sometimes they don't wanna gently caress off.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

Ah yes, I've spoken with Janus before

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Appeasing. I don't wanna make friends and I don't wanna get rid of them, I just want them to leave my people alone and take the gifts given.

Not my first dance with it since I moved in, and it won't be my last, I'm sure.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
is this beyond the basic "burn some sage" point?

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

hot cocoa on the couch

i've had p good luck just "burning" some """sage""" every day iykwim op

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Ass-penny

Mormon Nailer posted:

I've never been able to smoke a tobacco pipe.

Not with that attitude:colbert:

In all seriousness, be safe friend

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

You could set up a webcam and make money off that room if you wanted MN, but then again economic exploitation of the undead seems wrong in a way.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
It's my birthday, I'm going to take a long bath as soon as I'm done teaching for the day, read some new books, eat some brown butter tart, and Bingo Bango is making my favorite meal for dinner. Also here are some pictures of my FiL's goats.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I should get a goat one day.

They seem neat.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

hot cocoa on the couch

How Wonderful! posted:

It's my birthday, I'm going to take a long bath as soon as I'm done teaching for the day, read some new books, eat some brown butter tart, and Bingo Bango is making my favorite meal for dinner. Also here are some pictures of my FiL's goats.

How wonderful!

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Zil posted:

You could set up a webcam and make money off that room if you wanted MN, but then again economic exploitation of the undead seems wrong in a way.

whiskey tobacco and honey doesn’t just grow on trees though?! When we say the entire household contributes how they can, that counts ghosts too.

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

happy birthday how wonderful! and thanks for sharing the goats, maybe it's a good day to have some goat cheese?

also stay safe hamjobs, normally I would say buy the ghost an account but we seem to have a ghost problem already

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

ghosts and goats all on the same page

Prof. Crocodile

How Wonderful! posted:

happy bday! :marc:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sherbert Hoover posted:

is this beyond the basic "burn some sage" point?

Considering the 1949 Issue, yes lol.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
The case of the missing driver's license saga isn't over yet! Even with an appointment set two weeks ago, it still took me three hours to get through the DMV and at the end of it all they gave me a piece of paper from the printer as a "Temporary license" because they don't print physical IDs out at the DMV anymore. No reason given.

another 2-6 weeks until I get a physical license but hey at least I got to cash three checks for reimbursement today but I feel like a giant dork for carrying around a piece of paper any time I need to buy alcohol or cash a check

Manifisto

Tampa Bae posted:

The case of the missing driver's license saga isn't over yet! Even with an appointment set two weeks ago, it still took me three hours to get through the DMV and at the end of it all they gave me a piece of paper from the printer as a "Temporary license" because they don't print physical IDs out at the DMV anymore. No reason given.

another 2-6 weeks until I get a physical license but hey at least I got to cash three checks for reimbursement today but I feel like a giant dork for carrying around a piece of paper any time I need to buy alcohol or cash a check

your old driver's license is biding its time, just waiting for the new one to arrive before it reveals itself in the stupidest place possible

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Looks like you're getting close!

On the subject of DLs, met with the landlord about a potential place I'm wanting to rent with a couple people. He wanted to check me out beforehand. The guy says, "Do you have a driver's license?"

My mouth says, "yes, would you like to s--" and I get cut off by:

"No, no. And it's current?"

"Yup, expires on my birthday."

"Okay, that all sounds well and good."

"Cool, thanks"

Tampa Bae

I also wanna tell a bizarre story from over the weekend that I won't tell anyone else irl because it's none of their business.

I got a call around 11 at night from a girl I used to date 3 years ago. I picked it up and it was her husband who was asking me to go to the hospital and release her from the psych ward. "Huh? Why's she in there, and why do I need to do it if you're her husband?"

He explained they had been drinking and smoking weed and it was either laced with something, or her anxiety/regular psych issues made her have a really bad reaction and start freaking out so he was the one who put her in there instead of calling the police (because weed is illegal here). After she sobered up her regular anxiety was taking over and making her act out even more because it's a mandatory 72 hours if you get committed.

I had to tell him I don't think it works that way, I can't just check someone out of the hospital I have direct relationship anymore and he got mad and said he read all our texts and messages and next time he saw me he was going to eff me up so I think maybe he was the problem and not her. For additional context we had dated for a little over a year and been friends for around 5 but I haven't seen her since she got started dating the new guy. Did I mention they got married in less than a year of dating? That's wild.

She has several stays at the psych ward and two arrests for public intoxication but while we were together (Both as friends and dating) she was always totally normal and the only two times she ever got upset was when ex boyfriends were harassing her while I was around but I could calm her down by the end of the night so it was no big deal. I think it's because we would just watch movies, play games, or go on road trips to random places. We broke up because I got so insanely busy with work I didn't have time to spend with her anymore and I didn't think it was fair that she wanted to become more serious and I was basically working 10-15 hours a day and she was at work when I wasn't so we had like a two hour window every week to see each other

I guess everyone has a type they fall for and hers seems to be really unstable guys who shake her up like a bottle of soda until she explodes. It breaks my heart that so many close friends, relatives, even my own sister go through all this emotionally abusive trauma just so they can have a relationship

Tampa Bae

Manifisto posted:

your old driver's license is biding its time, just waiting for the new one to arrive before it reveals itself in the stupidest place possible
I have this drawer where missing stuff shows up constantly, and I keep checking it but still no driver's license. I lost a thermometer for several weeks (Back when I had to take my temperature before leaving the house to go to work) and one time I opened the drawer and it was just laying there. I thought I'd lost my 3DS and hadn't seen it for years. Opened the drawer, and there it was with the charger. Sometimes there's cash laying inside it. I don't actively put anything inside of it, it's full of phone chargers, old phones, and some manuals for stuff but every time I lose something it eventually ends up in there.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
wasnt janus the chrono trigger kid

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

this happened to me with my passport :cry:

hot cocoa on the couch

Tampa Bae posted:

story about ex and new guy

drat that's definitely some weird poo poo, guy was probably venting/bluffing about the violence but stay safe buddy

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

aldantefax posted:

wasnt janus the chrono trigger kid

:confused: explain

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
One time I couldn't find my wallet for days and it was clipped under one of those interior car handles.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I just cooked the most delicious chicken tikka yum yum yum

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Tampa Bae posted:

Heavy things

I feel it would be tough to see her in that situation. Definitely your outreach needs to not be with that guy anymore now that he's shown himself. Some people choose tough journeys through life. I try to be the person who is here to give a nudge if they choose to right themselves.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

the purple haired younger brother of schala, back in the kgindom of zeal, who later, well, You Know, stuff happens

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

aldantefax posted:

the purple haired younger brother of schala, back in the kgindom of zeal, who later, well, You Know, stuff happens

I'm on board now. Not a lot written about Janus it appears, at least not without jumping through hoops.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Chrono Trigger may be summarized as "anime doctor who video game" to some

Zil

Rarity posted:

I just cooked the most delicious chicken tikka yum yum yum

any pics? I just had a PBJ sandwich so I'm looking to live vicariously through other orbz.

Tampa Bae

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

drat that's definitely some weird poo poo, guy was probably venting/bluffing about the violence but stay safe buddy
Whether he was bluffing or not I did meet him once and he's a toothpick so I'm not really that afraid but I'm fighting with the morality of telling an already vulnerable friend that her new husband was threatening me which is a pretty regular thing in her life. This isn't even the first time someone she's been involved with has threatened me

Viginti Septem posted:

I feel it would be tough to see her in that situation. Definitely your outreach needs to not be with that guy anymore now that he's shown himself. Some people choose tough journeys through life. I try to be the person who is here to give a nudge if they choose to right themselves.
I've burned bridges by putting my nose in other people's business even if it was the morally right thing to do so again, at an no-win situation for me but if he's pulling this stuff now it's just going to get worse.

xcheopis

How Wonderful! posted:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
why does basically every 35+ man i see out in public have extremely short hair? i don't remember it being like that in the past

hot cocoa on the couch

Sherbert Hoover posted:

why does basically every 35+ man i see out in public have extremely short hair? i don't remember it being like that in the past

from what i've seen it's because they got lazy and shaved it themselves since the roni came to town

Zil

from what i've seen it's because they got lazy and shaved it themselves since the roni came to town

This is me. My hair gets crazy curly when it gets long and is hard to manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

oh that makes sense. i've just been growing my hair out and only cutting it occasionally