Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Oh it’s not that bad! There are at least … four … left. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

Doctor Zero posted:

Oh it’s not that bad! There are at least … four … left. :smith:

5! Boxleitner, Mumy, Jurasik, Christian, Carter?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chamberlain too.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Jows posted:

5! Boxleitner, Mumy, Jurasik, Christian, Carter?

Also Thompson and Tallman.

Do we count Scoggins? I don't like it, but I think we have to count Scoggins?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Chevy Slyme posted:

Also Thompson and Tallman.

Do we count Scoggins? I don't like it, but I think we have to count Scoggins?

I think to be truly accurate we should be including everyone who made it into the opening credits, which does include Scoggins and even Robert Rusler.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Both Na'Toth actresses too.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I, for one, am happy to be spared Jerry Doyle's opinions on a Babylon 5 reboot

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Koenig is still kicking isn’t he?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

He is! And not retired even!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TK-42-1 posted:

Never an opening credits cast member though, even if he and Ed Wasser were far and away the most prominent recurring guests.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Robin Atkin Downes?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is there anywhere streaming the other Babylon 5 movies? I have the option to "buy" then in SD on Amazon Prime that's all I've found. I know their on Itunes which I don't have.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1448104761908084738

I appreciate JMS can see his own writing flaws. That's hard to do, and hard to admit to them. I always thought one of B5's great weaknesses was a lot of dialogue that sounded really unnatural.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Grand Fromage posted:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1448104761908084738

I appreciate JMS can see his own writing flaws. That's hard to do, and hard to admit to them. I always thought one of B5's great weaknesses was a lot of dialogue that sounded really unnatural.

More like monologue duets, whenever he couldn't put in a recorded message.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's weird that Keffer has that one hologram message from some woman but the entire rest of the show, it's just video calls on CRT screens.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's weird that Keffer has that one hologram message from some woman but the entire rest of the show, it's just video calls on CRT screens.

I think they decided to backtrack on Earth having hologram tech and make it the super special thing that Draal can do because of the Great Machine instead.

Speaking of whom, that's something I hope they rejigger in the reboot. Having Draal offer his support and then only using him to make the big hologram speech felt a little weak. At the very least let him use the big guns on the planet to help defend the station once or twice!

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 13, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's the B5 equivalent of a Zune.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chevy Slyme posted:

Never an opening credits cast member though, even if he and Ed Wasser were far and away the most prominent recurring guests.

Much like Andrew Robinson/Garak in DS9 the presence they lent to the show far outweighed the contribution they made strictly in terms of time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Or John Vickery / Nehroon (who is alive too)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

I, for one, am happy to be spared Jerry Doyle's opinions on a Babylon 5 reboot

My understanding is that Jerry Doyle was as ultra conservative in real life as his character was on the show. I think that was mentioned in this thread. So we are probably dodging a bullet.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

I said come in! posted:

My understanding is that Jerry Doyle was as ultra conservative in real life as his character was on the show. I think that was mentioned in this thread. So we are probably dodging a bullet.

He was literally a right wing talk radio host.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

One of the most successful in the country. But he loved B5 and by all accounts was a great guy to hang out with on an individual level, so I dunno that it would affect any opinion he might have about a reboot if he were around.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grand Fromage posted:

One of the most successful in the country. But he loved B5 and by all accounts was a great guy to hang out with on an individual level, so I dunno that it would affect any opinion he might have about a reboot if he were around.

Once this hypothetical rework actually happens while he's hypothetically alive, he'd absolutely bitch about how 'woke' the rework inevitably is though.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
I'd be curious to see what Richard Biggs would have to say about him. Granted, it's harder to hear people talking about you behind your back when you can't hear.

Charisma also makes up for a lot. I'm reminded of the comment that got a goon banned that went something like, "I understand sexual harassment because sometimes it works and getting laid is awesome" and, welp, in the case of Jerry Doyle, exposing yourself to a co-worker would be considered sexual harassment but in his case it worked so well she married him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

OnlyBans posted:

I'd be curious to see what Richard Biggs would have to say about him. Granted, it's harder to hear people talking about you behind your back when you can't hear.

Charisma also makes up for a lot. I'm reminded of the comment that got a goon banned that went something like, "I understand sexual harassment because sometimes it works and getting laid is awesome" and, welp, in the case of Jerry Doyle, exposing yourself to a co-worker would be considered sexual harassment but in his case it worked so well she married him.

Wait what? Who married who?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Wait what? Who married who?

Wikipedia posted:

Doyle was married to his Babylon 5 co-star Andrea Thompson from 1995 to 1997.[12] They were married in Cabo San Lucas, in Baja California Sur, in a short ceremony. Doyle remarked that "If the ceremony takes longer than it takes for a margarita to separate, it's too long".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, the marriage didn't take longer to separate, that's for certain.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Wb_QewNcI

Claudia Christian's tribble story was a new one to me. :stare:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grand Fromage posted:

you just know claudia would be insanely entertaining to get on the wine with

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I do not have enough :wtf:s for that story.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

you just know claudia would be insanely entertaining to get on the wine with

Pretty sure she'd decline that invitation.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Midjack posted:

Pretty sure she'd decline that invitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EghiY_s2ts

well yeah, but still

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Grand Fromage posted:

'Dirk Benedict on Starbuck being cast as a woman, but worse' would be my prediction

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

Grand Fromage posted:

"They asked me if I want to press charges and I said 'no, he's a postal worker'."

Perhaps I am not as good a person as her, but if someone did that to me, I would say "Yes, please, I would like to press charges."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Don't pretend-murder people for a joke, even before getting into how blanks aren't actually safe.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

Don't pretend-murder people for a joke

You're not my supervisor.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I just found out about the reboot, the hype train has left the solar system

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dirty posted:

"They asked me if I want to press charges and I said 'no, he's a postal worker'."

Perhaps I am not as good a person as her, but if someone did that to me, I would say "Yes, please, I would like to press charges."

Five hundred years from now "disgruntled postal worker" will still be a thing everybody just accepts as standard

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Babylon rewatch:
The show never quite did know what to do with Lochley. She doesn't seems to be as important as Sheridan and Sinclair and doesn't even appear in most episodes. She doesn't seem to get much of a personality besides "being sensible" either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
I think it is less "sensible" and more "rule following" which is perfectly in character for a fascist. It's also a reasonable backlash given what we know of her character. Her life was a mess, she made terrible decision so she basically abdicated thought to the military. She's anti-life written as a reasonable character.