Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hey at least he understands water displacement! And nothing else, but still. I feel like that represents major progress for these morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

SocketWrench posted:

Probably be considered humane to blow here head off at that point since her hips would be pounded to dust

I'll assume she uses a fleshlight mounted in a jackhammer to get him close to reduce collateral damage.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Holy crap, it gets dumber. He deleted his post, but then:

Pio later wrote in response to Blue Virginia's post, "When you take things out of bath water, the bath water decreases, does it not? Got a lot of hate from your group for asking a question about taking things out of the water. Curious when you stopped believing in pure physics? I guess you don't believe in science experiments?"

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Play posted:

Hey at least he understands water displacement! And nothing else, but still. I feel like that represents major progress for these morons

If we all walk out into the sea and grab the biggest rock we can find and drag it to high land, we can stop sea level rise and own the libs. THATS loving SCIENCE, BIATCH!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Jon Gruden should've won some playoff games if he wanted to be racist

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

LordSloth posted:

Pio later wrote in response to Blue Virginia's post, "When you take things out of bath water, the bath water decreases, does it not? Got a lot of hate from your group for asking a question about taking things out of the water. Curious when you stopped believing in pure physics? I guess you don't believe in science experiments?"

Let's just a do a little experiment where we talk all these enormous ships out of the water to potentially move the sea level, what, a millimeter?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The solution is to simply grow massive underwater sponge farms.

To soak up all the extra water.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Play posted:

He's a modern day Archimedes

...in that I'm sure that as soon as he made this discovery about water displacement, he jumped out of his bathtub and started excitedly running down the street naked shouting about how he discovered something known by first-graders

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
loving NUKE THE WATER

Xerxes had the sea whipped, I'd say we've advanced quite a bit since then

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You know if we could just convince fish not to piss and poo poo in the oceans and use the toilet like normal people, we wouldn’t have this issue.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If we melt all the glaciers and ice-caps, the land will rise due to isostatic rebound. Also, if we make all the volcanoes erupt by nuking them the lava will create more land for everyone to live on.

bing bong problem solved

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Good news friend! We are well on our way

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
When you flush your toilet 10, 15 times you fill up the ocean

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

wilderthanmild posted:

Let's just a do a little experiment where we talk all these enormous ships out of the water to potentially move the sea level, what, a millimeter?

My math is probably off, but I think you'd need about 361,000,000,000 cubic meters of displacement to move it a millimetre.

The heaviest shp in the world displaces 900,000 cubic meters of water. So You'd need 400,000 of the biggest ship in the world to move one millimetre. Currently, there are about 50,000 active merchant ships worldwide.

I don't think this is going to work guys.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Outrail posted:

My math is probably off, but I think you'd need about 361,000,000,000 cubic meters of displacement to move it a millimetre.

The heaviest shp in the world displaces 900,000 cubic meters of water. So You'd need 400,000 of the biggest ship in the world to move one millimetre. Currently, there are about 50,000 active merchant ships worldwide.

I don't think this is going to work guys.

So we need to build more ships?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

okay so that was a bad idea. but listen to this: all those sea world type places shutting down? get the dolphin and whale pools outta those, fill them with water, then strap them to a rocket and launch that poo poo into space!!!

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
what if we tried freezing the water, and then keeping it in places where its cold

hold on, someone is saying we're out of cold places

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Remember when that weird moving van showed up at the Whitehouse immediately after Trump lost the election?

In other news, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-aides-g7-goodie-bags-b1936674.html

:lol:

suction
Jul 17, 2009

Lamech posted:

what if we tried freezing the water, and then keeping it in places where its cold

hold on, someone is saying we're out of cold places

build more refrigerators

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Legit LMAO

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

okay so that was a bad idea. but listen to this: all those sea world type places shutting down? get the dolphin and whale pools outta those, fill them with water, then strap them to a rocket and launch that poo poo into space!!!

We can beam up all that poo poo and ship it to the future!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

LordSloth posted:

"i'm just asking question, why can't i ask question? it's not illegal to ask question! no, i don't want answer, i'm too busy asking question to get answer!"

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Just dunk Charlie Kirk’s giant, spongey head in one of those big dick toilet bowls and ring it out 100 times a day for 5 years and we’ll get there faster than any meaningful changes we could possibly make as a species to address rising sea levels.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I think we could build series of thin water pipes reaching into space then a combination of capillary action and centripetal force would keep pumping it into one of the lagrange points

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Couldn't the rise in sea levels be countered by making the Earth even hotter? Earth gets hot, ice caps melt, sea level rises. Earth gets hotter, that extra water from the ice caps evaporates, sea level back to normal.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Alternatively, have a million women watch Ben Shapiro’s podcast then wade into the sea.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Vesi posted:

I think we could build series of thin water pipes reaching into space then a combination of capillary action and centripetal force would keep pumping it into one of the lagrange points

Use the Sun with a gigantic magnifying glass to convert the oceans into steam which we can then pump to the top of mountains where it will condense and freeze, until it makes a big enough snowball that it rolls down the mountain and katamari damacys everyone

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Vesi posted:

I'm sure you could persuade a young-earth creationist megachurch to fund it and recreate the great holy Ice Canopy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Harry_Potato posted:

If we all walk out into the sea and grab the biggest rock we can find and drag it to high land, we can stop sea level rise and own the libs. THATS loving SCIENCE, BIATCH!

Even the Dutch are laughing at this fucker

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

wuffles posted:

Alternatively, have a million women watch Ben Shapiro’s podcast then wade into the sea.

Close but...

What if we dump all the Tampons into the sea? The absorb the water and then we just put them in the little bin next to the toilet. Sea level rise owned by Tampax!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Batterypowered7 posted:

You actually got me to look :mad:

Thank God I'm not the only one.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

We could just breed billions of puffer-fish.

Startle them all at once, and they'll suck up the water!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sounds totally 100% real!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

wuffles posted:

LOL!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Last Call posted:

Sounds totally 100% real!

the gently caress is ammelanaia

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Alan Smithee posted:

It's the 420th incarnation of Melania

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Alan Smithee posted:

It's the part of the alphabet song that goes really fast so you have to slur the letters together

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Alan Smithee posted:

The totally not Melania that was showing up at a few appearances of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

The Last Call posted:

The totally not Melania that was showing up at a few appearances of course.

She's right there, in the window! Smiling and waving at all of us