Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1446161889436778503

I think Emi might've just invented a new type of birthday food...
https://twitter.com/elite_clips/status/1445196302300631049

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

As a kid it was...surreal seeing Jake team with Rude in WCW since they feuded not too long before that in the WWF

if you want surreal look up early rick rude where he wrestled in shorts and he's just some ugly dude that got massive popeye arms and skinny little chicken legs and think his arms just got bigger but he never once had a leg day

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God drat it Mulaney Power Move, it's an upper body business.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i guess it's not really surreal, just funny

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1447738579224956928

Bayley continues to be pretty great even though she's a farm.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
when she comes to aew do you think she'll be face or heel

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flatluigi posted:

when she comes to aew do you think she'll be face or heel

depends on what her rollmodel tells her to do

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Bayley is probably the most likely to leave WWE first out of the Four Horsewomen and a lot of people are going to be shocked that she's Latina and not a white woman

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Tampa Bae posted:

Bayley is probably the most likely to leave WWE first out of the Four Horsewomen and a lot of people are going to be shocked that she's Latina and not a white woman

Still waiting for Sasha to marry Bayley and take her name so she can call herself Mercedes Martinez

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Mob posted:

Still waiting for Sasha to marry Bayley and take her name so she can call herself Mercedes Martinez
I think that was Sasha's indie name to begin with, I remember Sasha getting signed and the stories being "Mercedes Martinez has been signed but not that one, the other one"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've said it before but a Bayley/Britt feud would be :homebrew:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Wazzu posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU6S-frFczK/?utm_medium=copy_link

It's super funny to me how you have the people who criticize that it's all weak people now, cosplay wrestlers. Meanwhile, the toughest woman in WWE proudly shows off her new 40k gear.

this rules btw

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Jetfire posted:

this rules btw

Shayna should expect a C&D from games workshop any day now

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Working for GW destroyed any love I had for any of their properties but that is pretty cool.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I like how some YouTube commenters think it's a Zelda thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bayley is absolutely loving incredible and I would be so happy if she was in AEW, but she's done really well in WWE despite... weakly gestures at everything.... so maybe she won't really feel any imperative to ever leave.

Vincent posted:

I think Emi might've just invented a new type of birthday food...
https://twitter.com/elite_clips/status/1445196302300631049

The first like was from Renee but she removed it when she realized it didn't hit the floor. Disgusting false advertising :mad:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Bayley is absolutely loving incredible and I would be so happy if she was in AEW, but she's done really well in WWE despite... weakly gestures at everything.... so maybe she won't really feel any imperative to ever leave.

I could see her leaving in a manner similar to Bryan where she's happy but feels restricted by the company's style, especially with all signs pointing to a return to Divas booking.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Renaissance Spam posted:

I could see her leaving in a manner similar to Bryan where she's happy but feels restricted by the company's style, especially with all signs pointing to a return to Divas booking.

She's not what Vince/Dunn/Johnny Ace consider "attractive", and I'm sure Nick Khan is looking for more salaries to cut; so really her departure is only a matter of when, not if

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's pretty funny how there's always been a lot of big name male wrestlers out there for AEW, but a lot fewer notable women available, and WWE is now dead set on solving that problem.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Renaissance Spam posted:

Bu....but how would she be able to berate Michael Cole every time she's out in the ring if she's in AEW?????? :smith:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She's not what Vince/Dunn/Johnny Ace consider "attractive", and I'm sure Nick Khan is looking for more salaries to cut; so really her departure is only a matter of when, not if

i’m not sure there’s really much behind the idea that they’d cut her tbh, she’s heavily featured on tv, was champ for an extended period of time by modern standards, and sells a bunch of merch afaik.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

sleepwalkers posted:

i’m not sure there’s really much behind the idea that they’d cut her tbh, she’s heavily featured on tv, was champ for an extended period of time by modern standards, and sells a bunch of merch afaik.

Nobody thought they'd cut Bray Wyatt, either

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

Bu....but how would she be able to berate Michael Cole every time she's out in the ring if she's in AEW?????? :smith:

It'd actually be a really funny way to turn Britt face. Bayley/Davina starts talking poo poo on Schiavone, and Britt goes after her for the classic "only I can make fun of him!" reasons.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Nobody thought they'd cut Bray Wyatt, either

now, i wouldn’t wish this on anyone else, but if you’ve seen any smackdown in the last 2+ years, it’s pretty obvious bayley has been and probably will be treated better than bray wyatt, the guy who wrestled 10 matches in a year including an instance where they more or less took him off tv for 4 months before they beat him and gave alexa his gimmick. contrast that to someone they had on tv for like ~20 minutes nearly every week and had the belt on for over a year.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sleepwalkers posted:

now, i wouldn’t wish this on anyone else, but if you’ve seen any smackdown in the last 2+ years, it’s pretty obvious bayley has been and probably will be treated better than bray wyatt, the guy who wrestled 10 matches in a year including an instance where they more or less took him off tv for 4 months before they beat him and gave alexa his gimmick. contrast that to someone they had on tv for like ~20 minutes nearly every week and had the belt on for over a year.

on the other hand, wwe's women's division

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayley was the MVP of the COVID Empty Arena era for WWE. For whatever reason they FINALLY seemed to realize,"Holy poo poo she's something special" and ran with it, it was one of the few shining lights for WWE during that period.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

^^ yeah, for as little as i watched, bayley and sasha were the bright spot on pretty much every smackdown except wwe waffled back and forth on pulling the trigger on a breakup

flatluigi posted:

on the other hand, wwe's women's division

what, you don’t like seeing the same four women over and over for like the past five years or whatever?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Basically, it all boils down to whether or not she attempts to exert any creative control over her character. Since that is what got windham rotunda fired. Any creative control in this case might include just having opinions or character ideas.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

sleepwalkers posted:

what, you don’t like seeing the same four women over and over for like the past five years or whatever?

You mean standard WWE booking?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

I don't even think this is a bad thing, WWE just books them badly and insists on the dumb brand split so they can't have all of their top women on the same show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT/status/1448030755196653574?t=feTQbT1JnyDb-lsC4e0low&s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How can he do the pose with the title belt? The buckle's too big!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
rest in peace Cool Dad

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1448038352138260484?t=VIHTIgCAVgZ_AYTiCRopDA&s=19

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
not sure where else to post this but https://streamable.com/my2jp7

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Jiro posted:

Just have Adam Cole do guest commentary for all her matches

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

little munchkin posted:

not sure where else to post this but https://streamable.com/my2jp7
I didn't quite catch who he was wishing happy birthday to

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Bayley was the MVP of the COVID Empty Arena era for WWE. For whatever reason they FINALLY seemed to realize,"Holy poo poo she's something special" and ran with it, it was one of the few shining lights for WWE during that period.

her reward was getting beaten up by the Bellas at wrestlemania

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

her reward was getting beaten up by the Bellas at wrestlemania

Wait did that happen? I didn't see Wrestlemania this year. Unfuckingbelievable :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Wait did that happen? I didn't see Wrestlemania this year. Unfuckingbelievable :doh:

Yeah they sent her out in a bunch of 'host' segments, including with Hogan, and the resolution was her being kicked down the ramp by the Bellas.