Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Surely posts from the forums have been read at criminal trials before. This can’t be the first attempted murder where some fancy man is going to ask for clarification on how to pronounce cumshitter.

as it's spelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

posts from byob are in some random patent dispute iirc

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Surely posts from the forums have been read at criminal trials before. This can’t be the first attempted murder where some fancy man is going to ask for clarification on how to pronounce cumshitter.
The puckins guy's posts were at least.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I think work picked up, since I know she sometimes looks at this thread I will say I did buy Psychonauts 2 after watching the VODs

Also Dog's Must Die finished Stardust Crusaders and can't wait for Diamond is Unbreakable

Good, everyone should buy Psychonauts 2, it’s fantastic. So is Dogs Must Die.

Do people get criminal trials for extremely poorly planned building projects? Because if so then yeah the forums have probably been used as evidence many times.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
voidburger stuff
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1447772992122101761
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1447773491508428800
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1447774472996544515
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1447774735492960256

genuinely wonder if giant bomb will hire her full time or if she'll continue just doing stuff freelance.

also watch that last tweet, it's amazing

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 12, 2021

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Civvie gets spooky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o_YLoz7nOA

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Alaois posted:

I Hate My loving Bitch Ex-Wife, And Here's Why It's Fascism's Fault

Yeah Disco Elysium is pretty good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i sorta remember that game. i think xplay talked about it and poo poo on it. they never did have good taste.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTH4C-pZGo

Came across this, talking about one of the first cartoons I ever remember watching. Think I still have the old Amiga game somewhere in my storage.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

Yeah Disco Elysium is pretty good.

lmao

[Hand/Eye Coordination - Impossible]

FAILED

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

That is quite literally one of the best scares I have ever seen in a game.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

sire, you must play your greatest role yet

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
listen it's legit terrible that he went out there looking to do a murder, pretty clearly. that's bad and I wish he actually looked for help rather than to do that.

but ALSO it's objectively incredibly funny that he shot tiny toese in the foot and that might just be the thing that brings us all together

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

fun hater posted:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fun hater posted:

This is what you get for not listening to your necktie.

egg tats posted:

listen it's legit terrible that he went out there looking to do a murder, pretty clearly. that's bad and I wish he actually looked for help rather than to do that.

but ALSO it's objectively incredibly funny that he shot tiny toese in the foot and that might just be the thing that brings us all together

:hai:

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

egg tats posted:

its just tiny toe now

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alaois posted:

I Hate My loving Bitch Ex-Wife, And Here's Why It's Fascism's Fault

But enough about the end-credits to Kingdom Under Fire - The Crusaders

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Archer666 posted:

Came across this, talking about one of the first cartoons I ever remember watching. Think I still have the old Amiga game somewhere in my storage.

The Duckula theme is still an absolute banger.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i sorta remember that game. i think xplay talked about it and poo poo on it. they never did have good taste.

I loved Xplay back in the day but yeah it doesn't hold up and they poo poo on lots of great games, (they hated anime so any anime game always got a 2/5 max iirc except for dbz budokai 3 which only got a 4/5 again iirc) and praised lots of wildly mediocre ones too. (they gave the pitiful Medal of Honor reboot a 4/5 lol)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jamie Faith posted:

I loved Xplay back in the day but yeah it doesn't hold up and they poo poo on lots of great games, (they hated anime so any anime game always got a 2/5 max iirc)

How is this different from Something Awful back in the day? :v:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Violet_Sky posted:

How is this different from Something Awful back in the day? :v:

I don't believe early Something Awful holds up either! :v:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

An hour long video about a show(?)/movie(?)/whatever the gently caress I don't know anything about. Time to make some popcorn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8quWUSZCW5g

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Garrand posted:

An hour long video about a show(?)/movie(?)/whatever the gently caress I don't know anything about. Time to make some popcorn

Does that also go into all the weird poo poo with the Broadway play as well? It seems like the weird, hosed up movie has open the door to a ton of criticism about DEH that didn't really get too much traction while people were gushing over it and giving it Tony awards.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Garrand posted:

An 1Hr+ Jenny Video about something I have no clue about, right into my veins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zedd posted:

An 1Hr+ Jenny Video about something I have no clue about, right into my veins.

Jenny really is real good about making weirdly detailed videos about stuff that anyone can enjoy. Like I share most of her fandoms like theme parks and Disney poo poo and plays and all but even stuff like her massive Vampire Diaries video was really good for me even if I bounced off that show super hard a couple seasons in.

Jenny Good, DEH bad.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Archer666 posted:

I was watching this guy’s stuff over the weekend, and I am surprised his channel hasn’t blown up given how many episodes have been done. The episodes are really well researched. You wouldn’t think there’d be much to say about Looney Tunes reruns on Nick, but he goes into the whole messy history of Warner Bros. getting into TV and how Jack Warner’s indifference to animation led to the syndication rights being spread across three different companies. Or the Inspector Gadget episode explaining how the show is in part the result of a Lupin III spinoff made for American audiences being shot down due to Leblanc’s estate. Nick at Nite is a whole dive in the origins of reruns. It’s way more effort than you expect.

Maybe it’s because cable was very much a luxury in the 80s, so there’s not a lot of nostalgia for 80s Nick. Maybe when he gets into Nicktoons he’ll find an audience.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Jenny really is real good about making weirdly detailed videos about stuff that anyone can enjoy. Like I share most of her fandoms like theme parks and Disney poo poo and plays and all but even stuff like her massive Vampire Diaries video was really good for me even if I bounced off that show super hard a couple seasons in.

Jenny Good, DEH bad.

I think it's cause of her tone, which is usually just as amazed and bemused as you are when you have no goddamn idea what she's talking about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

I think it's cause of her tone, which is usually just as amazed and bemused as you are when you have no goddamn idea what she's talking about.

yea I imagine that's a big factor, she really does well at sharing an obviously scripted and well thought out video with very fun 'can you fuckin believe this poo poo we're seeing???' energy.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

'... a sweaty Steve from Blue's Clues in your house...'

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Archer666 posted:

Nice find, growing up in the UK I had assumed Duckula and Danger Mouse were quite obscure in the US, had no idea DM was a big part of early Nickelodeon or that they actually commissioned Duckula with Thames.

I gather the rights are with Aardman nowadays, I sometimes wish they'd do something with them.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i, like igor, always wanted duckula to turn evil and start eating people

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BizarroAzrael posted:

Nice find, growing up in the UK I had assumed Duckula and Danger Mouse were quite obscure in the US, had no idea DM was a big part of early Nickelodeon or that they actually commissioned Duckula with Thames.

Oh, yeah. I had Danger Mouse books here in the US. One dropped the tidbit (which might be from the show, I can't remember) that Baron Greenback's pet caterpillar Nero had 'sold his mother to a silk farm' and for some reason as a kid I thought that was hilarious.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Pants Donkey posted:

I was watching this guy’s stuff over the weekend, and I am surprised his channel hasn’t blown up given how many episodes have been done. The episodes are really well researched. You wouldn’t think there’d be much to say about Looney Tunes reruns on Nick, but he goes into the whole messy history of Warner Bros. getting into TV and how Jack Warner’s indifference to animation led to the syndication rights being spread across three different companies. Or the Inspector Gadget episode explaining how the show is in part the result of a Lupin III spinoff made for American audiences being shot down due to Leblanc’s estate. Nick at Nite is a whole dive in the origins of reruns. It’s way more effort than you expect.

Maybe it’s because cable was very much a luxury in the 80s, so there’s not a lot of nostalgia for 80s Nick. Maybe when he gets into Nicktoons he’ll find an audience.

Poparena actually got their start posting stuff in some iteration of the thread back in the day a la hbomb. Love their stuff too but the channel is only just now getting into stuff I grew up with in the 90s (not even because it was made in the 90s but because it was all syndication poo poo a la inspector gadget or double dare). Agreed that it's all incredibly well researched

Very excited for this Jenny video, I don't know a drat thing about DEH besides the fact the lead absolutely should have been recast for the movie version

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Garrand posted:

There's a ton to love about this video and I can already tell I'll be coming back to it a lot, but I especially like that she brought up the Heathers musical because wow does Dear Evan Hansen's plot make much more sense as a black comedy. To the point where I am honestly curious as to the extent of Heathers's influence because she's right, "Sincerely, Me" has a lot in common with "The Me Inside of Me". Of course TMIoM sets up the concept of rewriting people's lives after their deaths that follows the rest of the story while Sincerely, Me has a dark comedy energy that immediately dissipates once the song's over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Soup du Jour posted:

There's a ton to love about this video and I can already tell I'll be coming back to it a lot, but I especially like that she brought up the Heathers musical because wow does Dear Evan Hansen's plot make much more sense as a black comedy. To the point where I am honestly curious as to the extent of Heathers's influence because she's right, "Sincerely, Me" has a lot in common with "The Me Inside of Me". Of course TMIoM sets up the concept of rewriting people's lives after their deaths that follows the rest of the story while Sincerely, Me has a dark comedy energy that immediately dissipates once the song's over.

yea funny enough despite very unironically loving the Heathers musical I never really made the jump of 'oh...yea these guys 100% saw that song and thought it was fun and put something like it in here' but now I 100% agree that if they just went full black comedy/Heathers Ripoff it'd at least be fun instead of a painfully over-sincere slog.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

I gather the rights are with Aardman nowadays, I sometimes wish they'd do something with them.

Danger Mouse got a remake at least. It's actually quite good too!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The DEH video has astonished me with the fact that all the songs sound like Budget Sufjan Stevens, which somehow makes the whole debacle funnier

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Danger Mouse got a remake at least. It's actually quite good too!

It kinda needed it because some bits of the original haven't aged well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Garrand posted:

Me: I'm not sure i'm going to be in to this

Also me: You idiot, you watched her rank every single Land Before Time movie, what ever the hell this is you'll enjoy it.

Me: Okay, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i learned so much about that loving movie from that. its so good to hear criticism from someone who isn't slobbering over the stage version