Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's more likely the WWE is such a mess internally that Dave's source genuinely was told that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Given WWE's track record on poo poo like Eddie Guerrero and Reid Flair, maybe it was a standard "this is getting blowback so let's claim it was the wrestler's idea!" WWE thing?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

plans changed

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Given WWE's track record on poo poo like Eddie Guerrero and Reid Flair, maybe it was a standard "this is getting blowback so let's claim it was the wrestler's idea!" WWE thing?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, at this point, when Nikki Cross is inevitably released, I doubt I'll be too shocked if it turns out that she was forced to say that the Nikki ASH poo poo was her idea.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

I theorised this eldewhere when Shane Thorne, Crocodile Dundee, happened and then suddenly Thorne said it was all his idea. I got attacked for being a conspiracy theorist and that wrestlers having input is normal. They didn't like my reply of why is it only these bad gimmicks getting poo poo on that wrestlers are claiming is their idea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Shane Thorne, Crocodile Dundee

Wait... what!?!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Wait... what!?!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
hopefully just the bruce wayne to the slapjack batman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looks like somebody customized a wrestler from a WWE 2K game to make them look ridiculous.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Looks like somebody customized a wrestler from a WWE 2K game to make them look ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuRTgwaYLjk

https://twitter.com/nikoexxtra/status/1441752849470431232?t=e6rSe2xrTyR2JftCVjBk-w&s=19

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Is this really worse than being in Retribution

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Even when they had TMDK on their roster, they had them do poo poo like wear Australian football guernseys.

Just go whole hog and have his entrance theme be Slim Dusty’s rendition of Waltzing Matilda.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince: So I'm thinking we need to do something new and hip, like that hit movie everybody loves, Crocodiles Dundee
Pritchard: Yes sir it is the movie all the kids love.
Vince: So obviously we need to do all the things associated with Australia. The hats, the boots, the 1980s computer graphic virtual corridor spreading into infinity, and he says g'day mate a lot.
Pritchard: There isn't a thing you just said that doesn't make perfect and 100% reasonable sense.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I Before E posted:

Is this really worse than being in Retribution

Retribution was a terrible idea on every level, but i can imagine a young talent raised on the NWO thinking it could be an awesome gig (ignoring that WWE has ruined every invasion angle).

Crocodile Dundork is dead on arrival no matter how you try to justify it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

edogawa rando posted:

Even when they had TMDK on their roster, they had them do poo poo like wear Australian football guernseys.

Just go whole hog and have his entrance theme be Slim Dusty’s rendition of Waltzing Matilda.

it would be a crime to do that because that was the actual theme song of hall of famers and legends The Fabulous Kangaroos

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

poo poo, at this point, when Nikki Cross is inevitably released, I doubt I'll be too shocked if it turns out that she was forced to say that the Nikki ASH poo poo was her idea.

Agreed. ALMOST a super hero is a very weird thing for a gimmick. Just... be a super hero.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Agreed. ALMOST a super hero is a very weird thing for a gimmick. Just... be a super hero.

Or be a Super Hero In Training :v:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: So I'm thinking we need to do something new and hip, like that hit movie everybody loves, Crocodiles Dundee
Pritchard: Yes sir it is the movie all the kids love.
Vince: So obviously we need to do all the things associated with Australia. The hats, the boots, the 1980s computer graphic virtual corridor spreading into infinity, and he says g'day mate a lot.
Pritchard: There isn't a thing you just said that doesn't make perfect and 100% reasonable sense.
vince & bruce are evil ray & roast beef

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the last time I saw a wrestling resignedly slap hands with fans like that is Ed Leslie who was clearly dying inside from being away from the warm recesses of Hogan's anus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Coaaab posted:

vince & bruce are evil ray & roast beef

Rare footage of Vince and Bruce visiting Kevin Dunn in the production truck:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

I can see Nikki pitching a super hero gimmick, only for Vince and his cronies thinking she's not "hot" enough to be a super hero, hence they "almost a super hero"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I guaranteed Nikki's pitch was "I could be an inspirational super hero character for the kids!" and not "I want to be a dumb weak idiot loser who sucks and everyone hates."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

it would be a crime to do that because that was the actual theme song of hall of famers and legends The Fabulous Kangaroos

It would also require WWE to be aware of another culture beyond the most obvious stereotypes. Like, literally knowing that Waltzing Matilda is almost the Aussie national anthem is more in-depth knowledge than I'd expect from Vince.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

It would also require WWE to be aware of another culture beyond the most obvious stereotypes. Like, literally knowing that Waltzing Matilda is almost the Aussie national anthem is more in-depth knowledge than I'd expect from Vince.

He knows Tie Me Kangaroo Down, as seen in the Outback Jack vignettes. Complete with the word for Aboriginal Australians that I’m unsure about using!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Edward Mass posted:

He knows Tie Me Kangaroo Down, as seen in the Outback Jack vignettes. Complete with the word for Aboriginal Australians that I’m unsure about using!

you should not.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Also, the songwriter is a rapist.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Davros1 posted:

Also, the songwriter is a rapist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo Granny's wrestling report is incredible this week.

CM Punk vs. Daniel Garcia: Fast moving, Pillman is a piledriver, side face chops.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo Granny's wrestling report is incredible this week.

CM Punk vs. Daniel Garcia: Fast moving, Pillman is a piledriver, side face chops.

But hey, it got a 6--better than Flair/Steamboat and Jobber The Gambler.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1448325219735769090?s=20

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
whoa, dave meltzer really let himself go

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Coaaab posted:

whoa, dave meltzer really let himself go
lol

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is some top tier having wrestlers tell you your facial hair sucks content on the pod today lol.

And some podcast "Pacific Rim" has uploaded an episode :) :) :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Always thrilled to see a new Pacific Rim Podcast :shobon:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

one of them is going to have to steal way more content if I'm supposed to believe they're Allan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

allan cheapshot: the joe pasquale of wrestling scoops

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1448730777886224388

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's pretty long to make that response tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: This Naomi storyline makes no sense. She wants a match, Sonya won't give her one, she wants to fight Sonya, Sonya says she's retired, then suddenly they're having a match!?!
Dave: It doesn't matter. WWE doesn't do storylines, it's pointless to worry about it, it's irrelevant.
Bryan: So anyway The Lucha Bros are facing two masked wrestlers who are close friends of Andra-
Dave: They're not close friends!
Bryan: ....who are they?
Dave: I don't know.
Bryan: ...well... well then how do you know they're not close friends?
Dave: Well I don't, but I don't think they're close friends, maybe he knows them a little but they're not close friends!
Bryan: Well maybe that's the storyline...
Dave: I don't think that storyline makes sense!