Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

krinklechip posted:

What's the containment procedures for this SCP?

No digitized record-keepings are to be kept. All personnel must deposit cell phones at least 50 m away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
And for fucks sake keep Ted away from it after what happened last time.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Unfortunately Ted's talks got published and infected a lot of susceptible people.

3 days ago
https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-unabomber-manifesto-andrew-yang-two-party-system-2021-10

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

I think this was a mission in Hitman

Spent at least 10 seconds looking for "Wired:"

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Oct 13, 2021

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Unfortunately Ted's talks got published and infected a lot of susceptible people.

3 days ago
https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-unabomber-manifesto-andrew-yang-two-party-system-2021-10

So THAT'S where the title comes from. I'm now a lot more leery of scoping any TEDx talks that get sent my way.

ed: clicked through after posting. holy gently caress i want off mr bones wild ride now pls

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

I think this was a mission in Hitman

Spent at least 10 seconds looking for "Wired:"

Wired: The elk learned to drive

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Even the teacher spelled "favourite" wrong, smdh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Mighty Moltres posted:

[gordon ramsey voice] BEANS ON TOAST

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Sound on for these.

https://i.imgur.com/OaJm8b4.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/jfPbqX9.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/qoEzseS.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Why is the unabombers shack kept in a warehouse? Why not just burn it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Name Brand Vs Great Value
https://i.imgur.com/G4FemgM.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SuddenCactus posted:

Because conspiracies only work in the dark and it must therefore be contained in a well-lit room. Burning it would only spread the seeds of fresh conspiracies across a wide area. Better to contain it and keep it where it can be seen and monitored. :science:

Also would you mind taking this pill and counting back from ten? We'll make sure your new memories of the past day were pleasant.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SuddenCactus posted:

It was trucked out of Montana because it was set to be presented as evidence in a jury trial.

Kaczynski plead guilty, so that never happened. For many years, it was in the Newseum in Washington, D.C., on loan from the FBI. When that museum went insolvent, the FBI took it back.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Oct 13, 2021

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

SuddenCactus posted:

Because he was right.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

They intended to present an actual, physical shack to a jury as evidence? Were they going to go on a field trip to look at it or were they going to bring it to the parking lot of the courthouse?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

what was it to be evidence of? It's not hard to believe that he lived alone in the forest, maybe take a couple pictures.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

IIRC there was a lot of physical evidence in the shack - on the walls, floor...from building explosives as well as traces of stuff that tied him to the bombings.

It was literally in the middle of nowhere and it was small enough to create a chain of evidence by sealing it up and flatbedding it to a secureable (legally, to maintain chain of evidence) location before it got torn apart by souvenir hunters the minute it was left unattended.

Having his brother dime him out on the handwriting & style is not enough evidence on its own to convict. They needed to tie him to the place & time & the materials found within.

And yes, they were going to bring the jury to where it was sealed as evidence.

Now, why they're keeping it still? Bureaucracy would be my guess.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PainterofCrap posted:

IIRC there was a lot of physical evidence in the shack - on the walls, floor...from building explosives as well as traces of stuff that tied him to the bombings.

It was literally in the middle of nowhere and it was small enough to create a chain of evidence by sealing it up and flatbedding it to a secureable (legally, to maintain chain of evidence) location before it got torn apart by souvenir hunters the minute it was left unattended.

Having his brother dime him out on the handwriting & style is not enough evidence on its own to convict. They needed to tie him to the place & time & the materials found within.

The shack was on display in the Smithsonian when I went in 2016, not sure where it is now though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

The shack was on display in the Smithsonian when I went in 2016, not sure where it is now though.

The Newseum was not part of the Smithsonian fwiw just fyi

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

The Newseum was not part of the Smithsonian fwiw just fyi

I knew calling it the Smithsonian was wrong, but I couldn't think of what the place was actually called. Thank you for the correction.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

KillHour posted:

They intended to present an actual, physical shack to a jury as evidence? Were they going to go on a field trip to look at it or were they going to bring it to the parking lot of the courthouse?

It was the defense’s idea. I think the idea was to have a field trip, not the parking lot thing.

I mean, I’ve never taken a bar exam, but that shack makes a better case for mental illness in the warehouse than it does in the light of day. Wouldn’t you want a field trip?

quote:

Kaczynski lawyers try risky strategy 'Defense of last resort' turns on mental state of Unabomber suspect
Sandy Banisky
THE BALTIMORE SUN

Pub Date: 11/09/97

quote:

The government contends Kaczynski is the anti-technology terrorist who ran from society, then spent years plotting against it. A Harvard alumnus, with a Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Michigan, Kaczynski is described in court documents as enraged about modern civilization and technology. The 67-page manifesto that the government alleges he wrote is titled "Industrial Society and its Future."

If convicted, Kaczynski could be executed. Prosecutors say the death penalty is appropriate in this case because Kaczynski lacks remorse, is not a good candidate for rehabilitation and is a continuing danger to others.

Some observers speculate that defense lawyers, by using an argument that Kaczynski is mentally ill, are looking beyond the trial. Their goal may be to save their client from execution.

"The fact that he is mentally disordered is a significant factor in convincing a jury to show mercy," Dressler says.

To bolster their mental-illness strategy, the defense wants jurors to tour the crude 10-by-12-foot shack in which Kaczynski lived for years without electricity or plumbing. That cabin, which the government took apart, is in storage in Montana.

Prosecutors intend to show jurors a scale model. But defense lawyers wrote in papers filed last month: "Being able to see the actual cabin is essential to understanding the life and character of Mr. Kaczynski."

The mental-illness defense may have been undermined by Kaczynski's refusal to allow government psychiatrists to examine him.

Last week, the government asked U.S. District Judge Garland E. Burrell Jr. to forbid Kaczynski's lawyers from calling any expert witnesses to discuss his mental condition unless the government's doctors are also allowed to interview him. The judge will rule after hearing from Kaczynski's lawyers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Huh I always wondered what stick figures looked like from the side

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Imagine if they showed a rich person's house as an argument for mental illness during a trial lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Why does the man have a boner, he's not even facing the thicc lady

edit: or is that someone from the Simpsons on the right?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squid Game season 2 looking good so far

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Grendels Dad posted:

Why does the man have a boner, he's not even facing the thicc lady
She's gonna peg him and he is turgid with anticipation

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Huge if true.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Too spicy.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Those novelists. Always peddling ideas to us. loving disgusting.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I hate to be that guy lol no I don't but the actual headline says "communist ideas"

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

bike tory posted:

I hate to be that guy lol no I don't but the actual headline says "communist ideas"

It does now that they've realised the mistake and updated it, yes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't know wayne's sister was an author tbh.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

bike tory posted:

Is there another kind? Seems kinda redundant

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PainterofCrap posted:

You keep evidence after the trial. For routine poo poo evidence will be kept for a while after appeals are exhausted, etc. For a guy serving 8 life sentences evidence is going to be kept until he dies behind bars.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Fbi types like to go into it to work when ever they can.

Like do you know how much better it is to work in a log cabin then a cubical?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Is no one else worried that the elk had that necklace for two whole years and some dudes knocked his rear end out, assaulted him and broke his antlers, and stole the necklace?

Dude should sue.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rascar Capac posted:

It does now that they've realised the mistake and updated it, yes.

Whoa she’s even giving ideas to the people who write the headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Scathach posted:

Is no one else worried that the elk had that necklace for two whole years and some dudes knocked his rear end out, assaulted him and broke his antlers, and stole the necklace?

Dude should sue.

Or his kid will become the deer version of Batman.