Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

No, Robinson will be moved from the Bears more likely than not and Evans is in an offense with a ton of mouths to feed. It's trying to get you to sell low.

I don't think it's really selling low, Evans > Robinson for sure, but that's a very fragile roster and one unfortunate injury could push it to a very early 1st being given up. If you told me it would be 1.12 given up, it's an easy accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Hurts and Higbee for Knox is a fair trade. Brady and Higbee is not. He's getting a QB1 and a solid replacement for a guy who is top five at his position. But trading a top three quarterback is just him being greedy. The first trade is a slight overpay on your end, but it's a great trade that makes sense for both teams. That guy needs to feel like he's won the trade to do it. If your waiver wire is bare, losing a couple games because of lovely quarterback play might change his mind.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

I don't think it's really selling low, Evans > Robinson for sure, but that's a very fragile roster and one unfortunate injury could push it to a very early 1st being given up. If you told me it would be 1.12 given up, it's an easy accept.

It's an even trade, but the real problem is that you are giving up a first for a very marginal upgrade. It's not outside the realm of possibility that Robinson breaks out in the second half. I'm a big believer that Fields is gonna make fantasy football magic in the second half of the season. They've been opening things up more and more.

You are selling low, and more importantly, you are acting too early to move a first. If something happens to another player where you need to make a move and be competitive, you don't want to be stuck looking a roster hole that could've salvaged your fantasy football season.

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Sataere posted:

Hurts and Higbee for Knox is a fair trade. Brady and Higbee is not. He's getting a QB1 and a solid replacement for a guy who is top five at his position. But trading a top three quarterback is just him being greedy. The first trade is a slight overpay on your end, but it's a great trade that makes sense for both teams. That guy needs to feel like he's won the trade to do it. If your waiver wire is bare, losing a couple games because of lovely quarterback play might change his mind.

Well, he'll be streaming Taylor Heinecke this week so we'll see how it goes for him :colbert:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
In my 0PPR, redraft, 12 man I was offered his Myles Gaskin for my Henry Ruggs. This is…odd? Neither of these two I would ever start, but Gaskin seems like a much better value.

I looked, his only wide receiver on the bench is a banged up Darius Slayton. I’ve got wide receiver depth.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 13, 2021

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Agreed. Brady is more hit than miss so Hurts isn't doing you anything that replacement level waiver guys can't do. If you like Knox then this is a fair price to get Knox'ed up (screw you Quiet Feet, I thought of this pun at the exact same time you did, you just type faster, lol)

See if I ever provide you with high quality puns again! :argh:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Is Tua worth a stash in a keeper league or am I just being silly? I have Aaron Rodgers but no second QB and could probably drop the dart throw of Deandre Carter but also the Dolphins are hot doodoo so maybe I’m just overthinking it because of his cool name.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anti-Hero posted:

In my 0PPR, redraft, 12 man I was offered his Myles Gaskin for my Henry Ruggs. This is…odd? Neither of these two I would ever start, but Gaskin seems like a much better value.

I looked, his only wide receiver on the bench is a banged up Darius Slayton. I’ve got wide receiver depth.

I'd smash. They are both disappointing, but I'd rather be disappointed by an RB.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Full PPR. No keepers Give:
Josh Jacobs
Joe Mixon
Devonta Smith

Get:
Zeke Elliott
Chris Godwin
Tony Pollard

Relevant RBs/Wars I also own
Kareem Hunt
Christian McCaffrey
Justin Jefferson
Michael Thomas
Michael Pittman
Michael Carter

Seems like a no brainer, yes?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Full PPR. No keepers Give:
Josh Jacobs
Joe Mixon
Devonta Smith

Get:
Zeke Elliott
Chris Godwin
Tony Pollard

Relevant RBs/Wars I also own
Kareem Hunt
Christian McCaffrey
Justin Jefferson
Michael Thomas
Michael Pittman
Michael Carter

Seems like a no brainer, yes?

I would do this

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Appreciate all the help guys. Still pondering it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

Sataere posted:

I'd smash. They are both disappointing, but I'd rather be disappointed by an RB.

A little more information now that I have coffee.

Correction - 14 man redraft league. Offerer is currently #1 in our “division” while I’m 3rd.

We start 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 W/R/T Flex

My roster:

RBs - Najee Harris, Fournette, Philip Lindsay, Latavius Murray
WRs - Stefon Diggs, D.J. Moore, Marvin Jones, Jr, C. Patterson (WR/RB), Kenny Golloday, Ruggs, Darnell Mooney

Yeah, typing this out is a smash - I have dogshit for RBs after my starters (I drafted Gus Edwards for my RB2).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Yeah this is a borderline FA wr for a borderline startable rb with upside. Smasheroo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My dynasty team is 0-5 and in line for the second overall pick in next year's rookie draft. I feel like the roster is semi-solid but I had some misses at WR so they keep dragging me down every week. PPR; TE Prem; start QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 2Flex, 1SF
QBs: Burrow, Carr, Wilzon
RBs: Cook, Mattison, Swift, Jamaal, Jacobs, Michael Carter, Jeremy McNichols, JJ Taylor, Tony Jones
WRs: Ja'Marr Chase, Chase Claypool, Hardman, Gage, Bourne, Cedrick Wilson, Tyron Johnson, Keelan Cole, Terrace Marshall, KJ Osborn
TE: Kmet, Maxx Williams, Donald Parham, Firkser

I'm considering trying to package Cook and Mattison for either a young WR I like and/or picks. This is my first year of doing Dynasty so I'm not sure what I would want to try to aim for here. Should I wait a few weeks for Cook to play again? With it being dynasty I dont think a minor ankle injury would be selling Cooks low. I was also considering trying to trade Carr away for picks but now with the Raiders in turmoil I would probably want to wait for him to have a good game again before I try that.

Any general pointers or suggestions for my best path forward here to help make my team more competitive next year or the year after? I know WRs you draft tend to need a year or two to take off so that is in the back of my mind when debating what to try to trade for.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Anti-Hero posted:

I'd do that. Hopefully Miami gets their heads out of their rear end and start playing Gaskin consistently. Ruggs is almost replaceable depending on how deep your benches are.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I smashed it. Trade doesn’t process until 10/16 so I’m sure he’ll cancel.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My dynasty team is 0-5 and in line for the second overall pick in next year's rookie draft. I feel like the roster is semi-solid but I had some misses at WR so they keep dragging me down every week. PPR; TE Prem; start QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 2Flex, 1SF
QBs: Burrow, Carr, Wilzon
RBs: Cook, Mattison, Swift, Jamaal, Jacobs, Michael Carter, Jeremy McNichols, JJ Taylor, Tony Jones
WRs: Ja'Marr Chase, Chase Claypool, Hardman, Gage, Bourne, Cedrick Wilson, Tyron Johnson, Keelan Cole, Terrace Marshall, KJ Osborn
TE: Kmet, Maxx Williams, Donald Parham, Firkser

I'm considering trying to package Cook and Mattison for either a young WR I like and/or picks. This is my first year of doing Dynasty so I'm not sure what I would want to try to aim for here. Should I wait a few weeks for Cook to play again? With it being dynasty I dont think a minor ankle injury would be selling Cooks low. I was also considering trying to trade Carr away for picks but now with the Raiders in turmoil I would probably want to wait for him to have a good game again before I try that.

Any general pointers or suggestions for my best path forward here to help make my team more competitive next year or the year after? I know WRs you draft tend to need a year or two to take off so that is in the back of my mind when debating what to try to trade for.

Cook is an early/mid 1st pick in start ups, given it's SF, so if you sell then make sure you're actually getting that value. Mattison also isn't just a throw in, so either get a little value for him or keep him and sell if Cook ends up with a multi week injury at some point. You should be asking for any WR you want plus a little on top. Go talk to the DK or JJ owners to start, and try to get a WR3 at least on top of either of them.

It's not going to make you more competitive next year though, Cook isn't going to drop off that quickly. Unless you get a great offer for Cook, I'd be tempted to keep it together and dangle your 1.02 or 1.01 for vets during next year's draft. You'll likely be able to find someone to give you a Tyreek or Hopkins plus another starter or two once rookie fever takes hold.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I'm not trading Cook for anything less than multiple firsts. Your team isn't bad. Getting rid of top assets is a move you do with an older team. Your team is pretty damned young. No point trading guys unless you get a haul in return.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Anti-Hero posted:

I smashed it. Trade doesn’t process until 10/16 so I’m sure he’ll cancel.

You can cancel an accepted trade? That's terrible.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

The rules people have in some leagues are absolutely insane haha

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Received the following in my 0.5 PPR, Superflex Dynasty league:

Receive: Terrace Marshall WR and Kenny Golladay WR
Give: Kadarius Toney WR and 2024 2nd round rookie pick

I have Kupp, Sutton, Cooks, Fuller, Sanders, Ruggs and Renfrow as my WR's.

I like Terrace Marshall quite a bit but Toney has already produced. All of the trade analyzers say this is a smash but I trust goons more.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

coronaball posted:

That was an assumption on my part.

League commish just approved the trade, and the offeror just texted that he’s glad. So it’s happening!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
One guy in our league traded Hunt, AJ Brown, and Jalen Hurts for Derrick Henry and a 3rd rounder next season. We were all fine with just those 3 for Henry but once the Henry owner informed us he threw in a 3rd too we were all like dude what are you doing.

The guy who traded for Henry is now fully stacked except at TE and his bench depth is awful, so now he keeps trying to trade his lovely bench to people for a top five TE and no one is taking the bait and it’s super cathartic.

I’m talking like Trey Lance for Dawson Knox straight up or Singletary, Goedert, and CeeDee for Kelce.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

One guy in our league traded Hunt, AJ Brown, and Jalen Hurts for Derrick Henry and a 3rd rounder next season. We were all fine with just those 3 for Henry but once the Henry owner informed us he threw in a 3rd too we were all like dude what are you doing.

The guy who traded for Henry is now fully stacked except at TE and his bench depth is awful, so now he keeps trying to trade his lovely bench to people for a top five TE and no one is taking the bait and it’s super cathartic.

I’m talking like Trey Lance for Dawson Knox straight up or Singletary, Goedert, and CeeDee for Kelce.

Considering the Henry trade he just pulled off, can you blame him for getting cocky?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

MakaVillian posted:

Received the following in my 0.5 PPR, Superflex Dynasty league:

Receive: Terrace Marshall WR and Kenny Golladay WR
Give: Kadarius Toney WR and 2024 2nd round rookie pick

I have Kupp, Sutton, Cooks, Fuller, Sanders, Ruggs and Renfrow as my WR's.

I like Terrace Marshall quite a bit but Toney has already produced. All of the trade analyzers say this is a smash but I trust goons more.
I would actually hold onto Toney. Toney has been extremely impressive and possesses a rare agility that makes NFL defenders look foolish when trying to cover him. Golladay is an above average WR and Marshall is a good prospect but Toney's ceiling might be sky high.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Ask my 0-5 team how Golladay is working out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Pretty sure a bad 6th round pick is not the root cause of most 0-5 teams.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

Pretty sure a bad 6th round pick is not the root cause of most 0-5 teams.

It is when your second round pick is Alvin Robinson!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It is when your second round pick is Alvin Robinson!

There's your problem, he's been dead since 1989.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d definitely rather have Toney

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sourdough posted:

Cook is an early/mid 1st pick in start ups, given it's SF, so if you sell then make sure you're actually getting that value. Mattison also isn't just a throw in, so either get a little value for him or keep him and sell if Cook ends up with a multi week injury at some point. You should be asking for any WR you want plus a little on top. Go talk to the DK or JJ owners to start, and try to get a WR3 at least on top of either of them.

It's not going to make you more competitive next year though, Cook isn't going to drop off that quickly. Unless you get a great offer for Cook, I'd be tempted to keep it together and dangle your 1.02 or 1.01 for vets during next year's draft. You'll likely be able to find someone to give you a Tyreek or Hopkins plus another starter or two once rookie fever takes hold.

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I'm not trading Cook for anything less than multiple firsts. Your team isn't bad. Getting rid of top assets is a move you do with an older team. Your team is pretty damned young. No point trading guys unless you get a haul in return.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm not going to trade them for cheap, but since I feel like its going to be 2 years before I really compete and the Vikings are heading for a coaching change and Dalvin is 26 I figure it would be better to try to get more picks or another young WR that I can trust for him rather than having him score points for me when I'm a bottom 3 team in a 12 team league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone think CEH is worth stashing? He just got dropped in my league. I have Jeudy in an IR spot and wondering if CEH is a better guy to put there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cat Hassler posted:

Does anyone think CEH is worth stashing? He just got dropped in my league. I have Jeudy in an IR spot and wondering if CEH is a better guy to put there

Absolutely he'll be back in like 3 weeks

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
.5ppr

Give:
Josh Jacobs

Get:
Antonio Brown

Normally I wouldn't do this, but it's the only league where I'm deep at rb and could use the receiver help. I don't really see myself starting Jacobs anytime soon.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Scruffy the janitor posted:

.5ppr

Give:
Josh Jacobs

Get:
Antonio Brown

Normally I wouldn't do this, but it's the only league where I'm deep at rb and could use the receiver help. I don't really see myself starting Jacobs anytime soon.

Seems fine to me, Jacobs is pretty mediocre right now. If anything I would wonder if the Brown owner would reject the trade.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cat Hassler posted:

Definitely worth stashing

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So I have good (not great) starters and league consensus the best bench depth. It’s a 0.5 PPR keeper league and one guy has Mahomes (who he has been starting but can not keep next season) and Herbert (he hasn’t been starting but has great keeper value so he will likely keep him) so I’m trying to get rid of a starter WR and some bench players for a better QB than Rodgers.

I tried getting Mahomes for Robert Woods and Chase Edmonds, or Mike Evans and James Connor (all of which are keepable and he is lacking bench depth at WR). I also tried Woods, Pollard (he has Zeke), and Dalton Schultz for Mahomes and Tee Higbee. The guy hasn’t responded to any of them so now I’m nervous. Did I super lowball him expecting him to value Mahomes lower since he can’t be kept or am I just getting in my own head?

Why yes I have been drinking tonight since I offered these trades earlier today, why do you ask?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Grabbed T.Y. Hilton off FA this week. Think he plays Sunday?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Grabbed T.Y. Hilton off FA this week. Think he plays Sunday?

Think he’ll score any points if he does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Is anyone else tired of AJ Brown and benching him this week? I can't take it anymore!!!