Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish we could all go out making a nice putt like that FSU poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Seems to be a pro Twitter follow too
https://twitter.com/GabeBrkic/status/1444722582561988617?t=ZZkPfiqDru22I7V2OsOdFA&s=19

https://twitter.com/GabeBrkic/status/1444788583160811523?t=2aFeELJBMT7vNJRVij5OaA&s=19

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

that time when a person whose for real government name is ladd mcconkey is graded that olave lmbo

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1447930790701158415

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Crotchbat left because everyone made fun of him for melting down about Fuente in year one but in hindsight he was right

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Crotchbat left because everyone made fun of him for melting down about Fuente in year one but in hindsight he was right

Yeah :/

In our defense, it was an amazing year-one meltdown.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SD_SportingNews/status/1448051274692263936

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hope SDSU can play Michigan in a NY6 bowl. Please make this happen.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Metapod posted:

Nope we want the undefeated bedlam

Undefeated Bedlam guarantees that we play back-to-back weeks with the Big 12 championship the following week which sounds absolutely awful.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

downout posted:

During one of the games the announcers showed off a burrito and said two players had NIL deals with the restaurant. It was a custom made sandwich branded after them, and they got a dollar on each sale or something.

Was this the Nebraska game? They talked about it so much I started to think the announcers had some sort of endorsement deal for it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

wa27 posted:

Was this the Nebraska game? They talked about it so much I started to think the announcers had some sort of endorsement deal for it.

What would you rather talk about - a two pound burrito, or Nebraska football?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Regnevelc posted:

It’s funny, both sides are confident that they are going to win.

It’ll be a close game either way. The team that doesn’t turn the ball over will win. I don’t see either side stopping the others offense regularly.

Oh, I'm not confident we'll win. Our second half playcalling hasn't shown the adjustments we need to, and our corners / safeties can definitely be taken advantage of. I only hope, since I know how delicious the Wolvie tears would be

Also, for any Ted Lasso fans:
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1447996253279825924

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 13, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Those are all terrible comparisons

e: sorry the Ted/Richt one is pretty good

Saban being Rebecca is just offensive though

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 13, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kirby is obviously Nate.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MourningView posted:

I think he'll come back once Fu gets canned. Just not much to speak about watching the same stupid mistakes happen ad infinium with him as the coach.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

dphi posted:

Seems to be a pro Twitter follow too

https://twitter.com/GabeBrkic/status/1447741982764408836

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gabe rules

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I have to say, I'm becoming a fan.

There better be video of said burrito kick and it better be a Sports Center highlight.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There's an Athletic article about the post-Solich Nebraska coaching search and it turns out Pederson's Plan A the entire time was Mike Sherman. Lol

And then Al Saunders and Houston Nutt and Mike Zimmer. Callahan was plan F

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gabe Brkic is a case study in how much awesome poo poo we could've been getting for years with NIL.

Bless that man, boot that burrito Gabe

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/ShehanJeyarajah/status/1448328253282922499?s=20

Lmao how loving petty

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah, that was one of the stories on local Oklahoma sports radio yesterday. Usually the athletic department has people--most often students--stand in strategic places around campus where the practice field is visible to "discourage" people from observing. It's fall break, so the ops were gone, and some reporters from the school paper were able to spy. Whoopsie!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol

OU is gonna spend $50 million building themselves an indoor practice facility like Texas has just because of this student reporter

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

lol

OU is gonna spend $50 million building themselves an indoor practice facility like Texas has just because of this student reporter

I wanna pop it.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

OU already has an indoor practice facility, not really sure why it doesn't get used on the reg.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So is everyone's practice facility a fortress?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

TipTow posted:

Yeah, that was one of the stories on local Oklahoma sports radio yesterday. Usually the athletic department has people--most often students--stand in strategic places around campus where the practice field is visible to "discourage" people from observing. It's fall break, so the ops were gone, and some reporters from the school paper were able to spy. Whoopsie!

Imagine listening to fake football cops.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

This has all the FBS independents; where’s UConn hiding? Underneath UMass? I see Vandy and New Mexico State stacked on top of each other.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

This has all the FBS independents; where’s UConn hiding?

Under your Start button

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Godzilla07 posted:

actually, advanced stats are fake

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Alaois posted:

actually, advanced stats are fake

Don't know if you're joking but that chart is pretty lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tag yourself, I’m Liberty with equal defense and slightly better offense than Bama

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If Clifford is done, Penn State went so far to the left that they circled the globe before arriving where they appear.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Riley is really petty about releasing any info and it's one of the things I hate about him. Stoops was also infamous for this so I imagine that's where he learned it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Riley is really petty about releasing any info and it's one of the things I hate about him. Stoops was also infamous for this so I imagine that's where he learned it.

Fu is this same way and he played in Oklahoma so maybe something about that state inspires secrecy so far beyond what anyone should care about.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Godzilla07 posted:

I always feel like an idiot when these get posted because I never know how to read them. What does that mean for Tennessee and why does he love that group he's circled?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Fu is this same way and he played in Oklahoma so maybe something about that state inspires secrecy so far beyond what anyone should care about.

Goes back to at least Bill Snyder who Stoops coached under. Snyder had full on wars with the media early on before he settled down and became a loveable grandpa.

I wonder if Hayden Fry was the same way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TipTow posted:

Don't know if you're joking but that chart is pretty lol

i'm 100% serious all advanced stats are massaged to say whatever the hell they want to say

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mangino was like this at Kansas and he also coached at Oklahoma. He was so paranoid that they planted giant evergreens encircling the practice fields. You could still see the fields from the parking garage across the street so he stopped using them all together and only practiced in the stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I always feel like an idiot when these get posted because I never know how to read them. What does that mean for Tennessee and why does he love that group he's circled?

Top right is good offense and defense. Bottom right is good offense, bad defense. Top Left is bad offense, good defense. Bottom left is bad both.

Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense. My guess as to why he loves that group of schools is because they probably have wildly different records, while all being very close to each other in EPA. That's all I can think of.