Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Doesn't surprise me that the one DD fan found in the wild is someone basing his online identity on D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

She's either going to gently caress Snout, or marry him to corpsewife.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah true. And the same pubic hair.

To be fair, she doesn't seem to have done that thing where she only shaves the pussy lips for some reason. Could be the angle though.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Luv2 jump in a lake with a naked stranger I just met 10 minutes ago and who blew up my friends' vehicle and gave them bad news

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I know my respectful depictions of Native Americans always includes the ceremonial hymen checkers. Oh, and the implication (in Legacy) that native cultures should evolve into what appears to be a carbon copy of Callanian culture in terms of shopping and cities and what have you.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I have to admit the idea of a Netflix show written by Mookie is very funny and I would absolutely watch it

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mookie why is she naked though? Do you even know any more or is this just a habit? Smdh

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

Mookie why is she naked though? Do you even know any more or is this just a habit? Smdh

Do you like being covered in slimy seaweed?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I am still giggling over the reason there’s nudity in the comic now - he thought that he went over the top on violence for old Deegan and wanted to show more wholesome nudity instead.

And the end result is equally gratuitous, pointless and ugly.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just cannot get over how long this rear end in a top hat has been drawing art DAILY, and just not improved his skill whatsoever

it is honestly impressive

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ScienceSeagull posted:

Luv2 jump in a lake with a naked stranger I just met 10 minutes ago and who blew up my friends' vehicle and gave them bad news

She also told Corpsemommy she has no soul. I'm pretty sure she's about to drown Snout

She kinda rules?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh god I JUST realised who Snout reminds me of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmZN1SZnEw&t=8s

he has the exact same vibe!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

If Arudak abandons bringing Kazia back to life because this lady says she loved someone else, then he is a huge dick.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Nice orcs finish last

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Who What Now posted:

Do you like being covered in slimy seaweed?

Don't judge me

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

She also told Corpsemommy she has no soul. I'm pretty sure she's about to drown Snout

She kinda rules?

I don't know why everyone thinks she told her that she has no soul. She had a reflection. The witch did something to it. It vanished. And then it showed an angle where we couldn't even see what she was looking at anymore. She could have seen anything in there.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't know why everyone thinks she told her that she has no soul. She had a reflection. The witch did something to it. It vanished. And then it showed an angle where we couldn't even see what she was looking at anymore. She could have seen anything in there.

one thing's for sure

she'll have to get naked before we can find out!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mookie is Patrick Stewart in that scene from Extras "and then all of her clothes fell off..."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

She made ripples in the water is what she did. I don't think Corpselady Whose New Name I Have Already Forgotten's reflection literally vanished, just got broken up by the ripples. I would not be surprised if this never came up again, in fact!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Zereth posted:

She made ripples in the water is what she did. I don't think Corpselady Whose New Name I Have Already Forgotten's reflection literally vanished, just got broken up by the ripples. I would not be surprised if this never came up again, in fact!

This was my read of that particular page. It has all the qualities that should make it appear symbolic, in some vague sense, bu none of the actual clarity and coherence that would actually symbolize.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Twelve by Pies posted:

I still want to know what that dipshit on Twitter thinks is well written or respectful about Donovan being one of the most honored and celebrated people in the orc culture. It's literally exactly the same as Dances With Wolves/Avatar/Last Samurai where a white dude becomes so great at being another race that they accept him as one of their own. Oh except Donovan can't actually speak orcish worth a poo poo so why the hell is he respected?

The most infuriating part of this is something that hasn't actually been revealed in the comic reread yet, so I guess don't read if you are invested in waiting to be angry months down the line:

Donovan actually can speak Orcish just fine, he only pretends he can't and speaks in nonsense because he thinks it's funny.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Zereth posted:

I sort of read it as Canada not ever having seen her reflection before, so she had no concept of what she looked like, and sort of contemplating in silence.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Moola posted:

Mookie is Patrick Stewart in that scene from Extras "and then all of her clothes fell off..."

"I've seen everything. I wish I hadn't."

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I think everyone's overthinking this again. Probably because reading Legacy is like staring at clouds...it's mostly just white noise, so your brain starts making up patterns for you to see.

Anyway, this is exactly an old JRPG quest thing. The NPC in the last town said to go to the lake and talk to the chandak. So they go to the lake and the only person they encounter is the chandak.

Arudak is here to find out about his fridge'd girlfriend, so that's the first thing the chandak talked about when the party clicked on her. Now we're getting a little cutscene where the rest of the party is getting their fortune told. But although the chandak lady apparently works more or less exactly like a coin-operated mechanical fortune teller at a county fair, instead of dispensing fortunes in like ten seconds like a Zoltan machine would, we've got to do the weird "Mookie's idea of a comic with no dialogue" kabuki dance where we see what happened one day and then get all the words that go with it several days later in a "diary" infodump.

As for what corpsemon's fortune was I have no idea, but I have a haunting suspicion that it will involve Snout in an absolutely cringe-inducing way that will lead to the conclusion that the question being answered was something like "Will I marry Snout y/n?" or something like that.

And Snout is going to get the next bullet item on the main plot quest but that's so poorly defined so no telling what it'll actually be. Could just be that chandak lady's got like a Little Free Library just offshore and she's going to just hand Snout another loving library book because you know why not.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All I know is the recap is about to start the cruise and there is no arc in old Deegan I find funnier.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Mookie's one strength is that he's absorbed enough media that he can regurgitate a scene for his stories, but it'll be devoid of any meaning or context. You either trick yourself into thinking it's rich with meaning like that terrible twitter person or you're left spinning in circles wondering what it could possibly mean to these characters. And then Friday rolls around and he's moved on to something else entirely.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
so what's the overarching story of Legacy apart from "Dominic Deegan broke magic then vanished and we dont know why"

please tell me thats still not it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Moola posted:

so what's the overarching story of Legacy apart from "Dominic Deegan broke magic then vanished and we dont know why"

Don't forget it's "broke" given we've seen quite a bit of magic just in different blander ways

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Moola posted:

The key is to tell Snout your name as early as possible. That prevents the nudity from being required. If you do that, it's optional.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Moola posted:

Nope, that's still it.

The months of June, July, and August were spent on a chapter called "The Library Card" in which Snout went to the library and people handed him books. At the end of this we got a recap page, on July 19th:

This has more or less the same information as the infodump literally handed to Snout in the previous chapter, on February 22nd-24th:

The month of September was spent on a car trip on which nothing happens and Snout is bored because nothing is happening and the comic does nothing other than watch Snout being bored.

Then they met a chandak, two weeks ago, and the major development so far is we've learned about her pubic grooming habits.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
We also learned Arudak's dead girlfriend "loved another" which is so vague that it could be orc lady trying to steer him off his quest to revive her by using weasel words, or she really was cheating on him and thus she clearly doesn't deserve to be revived. Either way Arudak is really sad about it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Maybe mookie got tired of the no dialogue rule and the chandak is going to heal Snout's deafness.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
We also learned Arudak had a dead girlfriend he wanted to revive, we learned his motivation then learned she wasn't into him 17 pages apart.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

We also learned Arudak's dead girlfriend "loved another" which is so vague that it could be orc lady trying to steer him off his quest to revive her by using weasel words, or she really was cheating on him and thus she clearly doesn't deserve to be revived. Either way Arudak is really sad about it.
I don't think that has anything to do with the overarching plot, though.

Or at least I'm pretty sure Arudak got introduced as a narrative cockblock with no notion of who he was or what his motivations were, and at that moment Snout was looking for a specific book and so Arudak was also after the same book. But then Mookie decided that Arudak was going to be a party member instead of an antagonist. And that meant that he needed to come up with a rationale for Arudak caring about Asinotaph and all that poo poo. So suddenly he has a previously-unmentioned long-lost girlfriend he's obsessed with, and his obsession involves Asinotaph in some nebulous way.

The "she loved another" thing could either be pointless drama/an excuse for Mookie to trace more stock photos of people hugging, or it could be how he decided to "complete" Arudak's NPC loyalty quest. In either case I don't think it has anything to do with the Legacy proper, except insofar as Mookie has no more idea what it is than we do and this is all him shuffling his feet while he tries to figure out where to go with it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

YF-23 posted:

Maybe mookie got tired of the no dialogue rule and the chandak is going to heal Snout's deafness.
I hope so, the experiment in no-dialogue storytelling loving failed and it's long, long since time to bail on it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If Mookie does finally get rid of the no dialogue rule I can't wait for him to write a masturbatory post about how it really challenged him as a creator and it helped him to create something deep and meaningful, and since he achieved what he accomplished he decided then there was no need to continue it.

You know, rather than "I got rid of my actual halfway decent ideas in the first few months and then spun my wheels a lot because I'm not good enough to tell a story without dialogue and now I need an out."

SubG posted:

I don't think that has anything to do with the overarching plot, though.

That's the thing, we have no idea if it has anything to do with the overarching plot because we don't even know what the overarching plot is. gently caress for all we know Arudak's girlfriend was one of Luna's magic egg descendants and therefore extremely key to learning about the Legacy of Dominic Deegan.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

What the gently caress is wrong with their bodies :psyduck: side profile up top and 3/4 at the crotch? I know he knows this doesn't look right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haven't you ever played in the water with a friend nude while angling your body to show off to an invisible camera? It's a perfectly natural pose.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The return of the T-shaped body hair is worse for me, but that's just because familiarity with Snout's body breeds despair and horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How can you be that bad at drawing after doing it every day for like 20 years.

Can't draw in profile. At all. It looks like she comes out of the water and now only has one tit.