Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
There should be a comedy film where a man approaches a young woman at a farmer's market or in the produce section of a grocery store, the woman has her back to the camera so you can't see if she's holding anything, and the man says "Nice melons!" and then the woman says "Thanks!" and turns to the camera thus revealing that she has her tits out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kill all streaming poo poo like Netflix and Hulu and HBO and whatever, and bring back Vine.

Do the first bit even if Vine stays dead. No-one worth caring about pays for TV.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Taking a look at my ~200 dollars a month spent on TV and streaming stuff....yeah, sounds about right.

Vine was trash though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Don't judge them for tipping well!

That didn't include the tip

Byzantine posted:

How in God's name did you spend $120 at Domino's

I didn't think it was that hard, My buddy was over on his leave and we wanted to get some food. We were gonna get some Wings and Za, but we couldn't decide on which kind of Pizza or what type of wings. We ended up with Three Larges and 2 kinds of wings. Then my buddy sweared to me that The pasta was actually good, so we got some of that, plus some brownie dessert thing and some cheese bread. Kind of dissapointed with what we got too, the pasta was awful, and the "Large" pizzas are like tiny baby pizzas. The wings were fine I guess

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

No chain pizza place does wings right. Pizza hut used to have decent ones but ever since the "wing street" thing they are awful.

I think wing quality is inversely proportional to pizza quality. Chains have mediocre pizza so their wings are more or less the same. Places with bad pizza though I've found to have really good wings.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dolphins are horrible, horrible creatures.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

That didn't include the tip

I didn't think it was that hard, My buddy was over on his leave and we wanted to get some food. We were gonna get some Wings and Za, but we couldn't decide on which kind of Pizza or what type of wings. We ended up with Three Larges and 2 kinds of wings. Then my buddy sweared to me that The pasta was actually good, so we got some of that, plus some brownie dessert thing and some cheese bread. Kind of dissapointed with what we got too, the pasta was awful, and the "Large" pizzas are like tiny baby pizzas. The wings were fine I guess

I know here in the UK the prices start dear but they expect you to use a buy one get on free or 50% off voucher every time at least, they are usually built into the website.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Annabel Pee posted:

I know here in the UK the prices start dear but they expect you to use a buy one get on free or 50% off voucher every time at least, they are usually built into the website.

It's this, the only reason Pizza hutt isn't delivering me a pizza for 5.75 is because they have an order/cost limiter.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I spent almost $200 on pizza and beer a couple weekends ago, but that was at a fancy-rear end Chicago pizza/brewery place. Really good, but two pizzas on their own cost almost $50.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Personally, I, even as a grown woman, think that smutty fanfiction is fun.

edit: also, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz is an absolutely horrible song.

YeahTubaMike has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Oct 11, 2021

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I used to work at Boston Pizza, which is a Canadian chain, yes you read that right.
It wasn’t unusual for people to pay almost 200 bucks on a single order.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

$25 is my pizza limit

Like if I were in the fanciest pizza place in the finest uae skyscraper sitting with the finest oil magnate failsons looking at a menu handwritten by blind monks on onion paper

I'd still say "$26 for pizza get the gently caress right out of here with that"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I just spent $36 for one medium pizza, but i was in a hotel in the mountains and theres no options. Felt bad spending that much on that little 'za, but it was pretty good food.

Also, don't go to lake louise, it fuckin sucks.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The best Ryan Reynolds movie is The Proposal.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The best Ryan Reynolds movie is The Proposal.

Which reminds me that another one of my PHUOs is that Deadpool is a loving dreadful movie, and not in a "so bad it's good" kind of way or anything. It was just excruciating to watch.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

Which reminds me that another one of my PHUOs is that Deadpool is a loving dreadful movie, and not in a "so bad it's good" kind of way or anything. It was just excruciating to watch.

Agreed. I don't care if it's an accurate portrayal of the comic book. that's one of the worst things a movie can be.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The full power and horror of the United States military should be unleashed on the Dealer Service Center. No prisoners taken, not a single stone left atop another, every family line ended.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

There's no worse way to operate technology than with touch controls, and they'll never surpass things that were invented in the 60s

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They replaced on of our rack ovens with a newer touch screen oven, and it's easily the oven of last resort. It has a million stupid rear end features that barely work, when ninety nine percentt of the time you just want to set 350° for 12 minutes or whatever.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The full power and horror of the United States military should be unleashed on the Dealer Service Center. No prisoners taken, not a single stone left atop another, every family line ended.

Dealer Service Center Delenda Est.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fashionable Jorts posted:

There's no worse way to operate technology than with touch controls, and they'll never surpass things that were invented in the 60s

Touch screens aren't even good on tablet computers. Laptops are better.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gaius Marius posted:

They replaced on of our rack ovens with a newer touch screen oven, and it's easily the oven of last resort. It has a million stupid rear end features that barely work, when ninety nine percentt of the time you just want to set 350° for 12 minutes or whatever.

Watch the electronics fail, take two service calls and a part order to fix, and do it again every year.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

On the subject of unpopular opinions in general, I've found that one of the best uses of SA's media threads is finding great stuff to watch/read/play by buying whatever goons are actively hating the most

If you remember the compass from pirates of the caribbean, goon complaints are a little like that. Just whining in the direction of actually good things, forever

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Manager Hoyden posted:

On the subject of unpopular opinions in general, I've found that one of the best uses of SA's media threads is finding great stuff to watch/read/play by buying whatever goons are actively hating the most

If you remember the compass from pirates of the caribbean, goon complaints are a little like that. Just whining in the direction of actually good things, forever

This does not necessarily apply outside of said Media Threads.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

What did you start watching and enjoy from goons hating it?

The only thing I remember was Harry Potter hate, and that turned out to be prescient.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

The only thing I remember was Harry Potter hate, and that turned out to be prescient.

Yeah that was a wild ride. Went from hating Harry Potter simply because its popular to being completely and absolutely justified in hating Harry Potter.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Josef bugman posted:

Harry Potter is a very good example, yes

Also I ended up watching Tenet solely on the hate it got. I bought the new Metroid because of how many people on here complained about it. I think the oldest example I can think of is starting to read Palahniuk books because goons couldn't stop crying about the guy existing

It's like a law. If there are three pages complaining about something, it's actually good. The inverse is not always true except for food - if goons won't shut up about how good it is it is always actually bad.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I've always hated Harry Potter. Like the movies were Ok, I Guess. But the inconsistencies in the actual framework of the story and world, to it being literally about a poor kid finding out he's rich and going to Magic Eton, where slavery is normalized. Yikes!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tenet was ok but it could have been explained better and some parts fall apart when you look closely

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The only asian girl at school was named Cho Chang.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Watch you can see it happening in real time

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I'd just started reading Pratchett by the time the 5th book came out (there had been a gap of about a year between 4 and 5 I think?) and just all enthusiasm for it all melted away.

I would like to ask what you enjoyed about it, if you don't mind.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Pratchett: The wit, the humour, the world building, the sheer genius of it all and the layers upon layers of very well defined references to mythology, culture, language, etc.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Pratchett stuff is also special in that it is still funny as an audiobook. It's like he expected everything he wrote to end up as a BBC radio play eventually

I tried that with Hiassen and none of the humor worked anymore. I guess it has something to do with timing

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

alexandriao posted:

Pratchett: The wit, the humour, the world building, the sheer genius of it all and the layers upon layers of very well defined references to mythology, culture, language, etc.

Discworld always IMO seemed to have this sense of empathy or affection for the characters in the story that stuff like Harry Potter didn't. Not that I picked up disdain or anything like that from Rowling, I just didn't get a sense of anything at all.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

The best way I think of HP is that it is like a movie. In that if the camera is not directly on it, nothing is happening otherwise. There is little feeling of a wider world, simply that the thing being observed is the only thing.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Puffins are grossly overrated.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Unkempt posted:

Puffins are grossly overrated.

As food or as a bird in general?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Elissimpark posted:

As food or as a bird in general?

Maybe they're OK to eat, I'm not Scandinavian. But in all other respects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Manager Hoyden posted:

Harry Potter is a very good example, yes

Also I ended up watching Tenet solely on the hate it got. I bought the new Metroid because of how many people on here complained about it. I think the oldest example I can think of is starting to read Palahniuk books because goons couldn't stop crying about the guy existing

It's like a law. If there are three pages complaining about something, it's actually good. The inverse is not always true except for food - if goons won't shut up about how good it is it is always actually bad.

If you have an opinion that is the opposite of The Goon Consensus, you will be right more often than not.