Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
A freebie on something minor, for a longstanding and paid up client, is normal and fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Sab said his friend was doing the work "for free" for a mini, suggesting it wasn't paid up freelance/contract work. Which is where I took a slight issue with it.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

koreban posted:

Sab said his friend was doing the work "for free" for a mini, suggesting it wasn't paid up freelance/contract work. Which is where I took a slight issue with it.

He also said his friend just finished and was paid a few thousand for a big project.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's not so much "for free for a mini", as it is that this new project doesn't lend itself towards the usual billing rate for editorial work (per word) and is relatively small so he's just going to do it for them. Then when he turns it in he'll just be like, "Hey so how about %model% since we couldn't work out a contract rate?" Really doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

He also rejected a job offer back in the 2000's because, unsurprisingly, the pay sucked :)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah I think it's fine. people are correct that artists should get paid for their contributions but this doesn't quite fit. I want to say it was an off handed comment taken too seriously

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Fair enough. Looks like there’s no controversy there.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Good news, the project has blown up in scope and now my buddy's getting paid and I'm getting a Stormwall/Hurricane :haw:

If one were so inclined to remove the giant rear end Cygnar logo, what would be the best approach? Just some rough sandpaper?

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Good news, the project has blown up in scope and now my buddy's getting paid and I'm getting a Stormwall/Hurricane :haw:

If one were so inclined to remove the giant rear end Cygnar logo, what would be the best approach? Just some rough sandpaper?

Dremel would be the quickest, surely. Otherwise a file, but you'll be at it for ages.

Also I don't know what colossals are made out of these days, but if it's resin use a respirator.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Fastest and easiest might be to just green stuff the negative space

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Kick Starter for the new Iron Kingdoms RPG is live:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/privateerpress/iron-kingdoms-borderlands-and-beyond?ref=3e5mer

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Apparently on the five new races (alongside the obligatory Farrow and Pygs) are... Soulless? That's odd.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
Kinda fits... this is post Infernals, and they got a chunk of souls. The soulless condition could be more widespread.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Thyra changes from a podcast:
Gates of death innate (but 5")
gains Blend In [Daughters of Flame] Cannot be targeted while another daughter is within 3" of her (Nicia and Flamebringers ARE Daughters now)
Synergistic Magic: Gains power tokens for killing models, can spend them for upkeeping or casting upkeep spells as if they are focus

Pretty major changes, I was expecting mostly points updates but this kind of points at basically a mk4 level of change, which I'm pretty much here for.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

xiw posted:

Thyra changes from a podcast:
Gates of death innate (but 5")
gains Blend In [Daughters of Flame] Cannot be targeted while another daughter is within 3" of her (Nicia and Flamebringers ARE Daughters now)
Synergistic Magic: Gains power tokens for killing models, can spend them for upkeeping or casting upkeep spells as if they are focus

Pretty major changes, I was expecting mostly points updates but this kind of points at basically a mk4 level of change, which I'm pretty much here for.

If this is the kind of thing we can expect then I'll be very happy.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Deathjack is down to 18 points, Drag works on hit now, and Aikos2 has a 10 inch range on his Harpoon. Also, leap is going to work at the beginning or end of movement now.

So far, so good.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

Deathjack is down to 18 points, Drag works on hit now, and Aikos2 has a 10 inch range on his Harpoon. Also, leap is going to work at the beginning or end of movement now.

So far, so good.

*stares at pile of Cryx I received for free a couple months ago*

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Zalabar posted:

Kinda fits... this is post Infernals, and they got a chunk of souls. The soulless condition could be more widespread.

Oh, right. In my mind Soulless = Iosans but creepier, I forget it was something that could apply to other people as well.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

So far, so good.

Is it all going to be drip fed like this?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Just random previews scattered around, the full thing is supposed to drop on the 25th.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

!Klams posted:

Is it all going to be drip fed like this?

Yeah, this came from some podcast iirc. Like xiw says, full drop is in 11 days.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Ooooh, ok, there is a full drop day, awesome. I just wasn't sure if it was all going to just come in dribs and drabs from different sources, which I find really annoying.

Will wait until then then!

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

There's something big planned for tomorrow (the 21st) I think with a change doc and the official release is the 25th.

They've done that thing to Arcuarii where they now cost 8/13 meaning that a unit of 4 is cheaper per model than a unit of 6

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I think the actual rules come out tomorrow, and they hit war room on the 25th.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Seeing some of the spoilers and how much stronger some unplanned stuff is getting has me very exciting. Even when it isn't perfect the shake up will be nice.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It's up nerds: https://home.privateerpress.com/2021/10/21/warmachine-hordes-quality-of-life-dynamic-update/

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
lmao drat, is there a single Legion warbeast that didn't get buffed

a good day to be a fan of dragon monsters

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
20 armor Rhul heavies, big point cuts for the Highshield Gun Corps and Ogrun Assault Team, the T.A.C. getting 5 boxes/ea back.

Good day to dwarf

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Meanwhile, Banes are still "Meh", they're just slightly cheaper "Meh"

I do like some of the changes, and might give Aikos2 a spin now. Overall I'll probably be able to make better lists and not have to make as many hard choices, but tbh I was hoping for a bit more as far as actual rules changes.

I do have to say though, base pow 7 on Gaspy1's feat is interesting.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 21, 2021

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I do like some of the changes, and might give Aikos2 a spin now. Overall I'll probably be able to make better lists and not have to make as many hard choices, but tbh I was hoping for a bit more as far as actual rules changes.

I do have to say though, base pow 7 on Gaspy1's feat is interesting.

Deathjack at 18 points is very appealing imo, and Bane Riders might be playable now. I think Cryx has got some good things here too. All the Colossals/Gargs dropping in the 30-33 range is great imo.

The Troll buffs, especially Calandra, Grissel 1, and the Mountain King, have me as hard as a loving Krielstone

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

lmao drat, is there a single Legion warbeast that didn't get buffed

a good day to be a fan of dragon monsters

Interested to see if Beast Mistresses become useful. They cut her price in half, shredders are down to 3, blight wasps got a buff. Also, she can now control lights - although that doesn't help with the major issue of keeping her alive.

It's interesting that some units they took the time to try to fix why they were terrible. But lots they left as terrible and priced them as dirt cheap bodies. Which, I suppose, is a fair design choice.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

S.J. posted:

Deathjack at 18 points is very appealing imo, and Bane Riders might be playable now. I think Cryx has got some good things here too. All the Colossals/Gargs dropping in the 30-33 range is great imo.

Oh don't get me wrong, DJ at 18 points is quite good. Nightmare at the same cost? Not so much :v:

I had a list with the Coven and double bane riders I was trying to get working, with the new point reductions I may be able to fit a wraith engine back in and make the list workable. Small bases banes are still pretty trash, and tbh I'm not really happy about the force barrier nerf for my Saytxis.

Maneck posted:

Interested to see if Beast Mistresses become useful. They cut her price in half, shredders are down to 3, blight wasps got a buff. Also, she can now control lights - although that doesn't help with the major issue of keeping her alive.

It's interesting that some units they took the time to try to fix why they were terrible. But lots they left as terrible and priced them as dirt cheap bodies. Which, I suppose, is a fair design choice.

Yeah, I wonder if they looked at these units and said "eh, we'll fix'em in the next CID?" The issue with a lot of units isn't necessarily just their cost. I'm not running Bane Warriors because of their 1 wound def 12 arm 15 victim stats combined with no defensive tech, not because a full unit was 2 points too expensive.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Archenteron posted:

20 armor Rhul heavies, big point cuts for the Highshield Gun Corps and Ogrun Assault Team, the T.A.C. getting 5 boxes/ea back.

Good day to dwarf

YES! DORF! Did you see that Gorten Grundback got Energizer... AND RESOURCEFUL?! Like, holy moly guacamole, that's everything he needed to push him to S+ tier, surely? I kinda think Durgen is poopoo bumsmell still though? Maybe with the points drop on the Ogryn Assault corps though?

Also, pretty much the same deal for Cephalyx, seems like EVERYTHING got cheaper and buffed?!

Range ten (!) On the subduer, with drag now being on hit instead of on damage is, quite frankly, worrying!

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

How is this game doing as far as popularity these days? It's picking up big at my local shop but this thread is dead compared to how it was last I checked

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
People locally keep talking about starting up again but it hasn't happened yet. I don't really like to make broad assumptions based on a few goons' local scenes but the general feeling is that WM/H isn't nearly as popular as it used to be, and Warcaster got no traction at all. Hopefully the RPG stuff keeps them afloat.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

a pale ghost posted:

How is this game doing as far as popularity these days? It's picking up big at my local shop but this thread is dead compared to how it was last I checked

A huge surge in Ottawa, with the rebalance coinciding with the FLGS reopening its game space. I've had to sit it out, but hopefully I'll be playing regularly in the new year.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I feel like it varies drastically by where you are, so it's going to be hard for anyone to give you a straight answer. The best metric is probably at what percentage of retail people are selling models at.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I haven't looked, and also I'm lazy, but did Cephalyx get any important changes with the big update?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

S.J. posted:

I haven't looked, and also I'm lazy, but did Cephalyx get any important changes with the big update?

Overall buff, I think. Lot of stuff got a little cheaper and a little better (mainly DEF). Subduer's net got more range and looks sort of scary now, I think?

Shanty fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 2, 2021

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

S.J. posted:

Shanty posted:

Overall buff, I think. Lot of stuff got a little cheaper and a little better (mainly DEF). Subduer's net got more range and looks sort of scary now, I think?

Yeah, tons of small buffs that add up to more than the sum of their parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Did the Monsterpocalypse info from the OP get spun off into another thread?