Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Squid Game (ep 7): lol the preacher stopping to pray while under a time limit, putting everyone behind him's lives at risk so he can do so, seems completely on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This page is like my gamer skillz

Missing the mark

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

Wait, so is this a for real Fox News clip he managed to infiltrate, or just a Tim Robinson sketch because either one is equally as likely.

General Dog posted:

Isn’t that clip from a year ago, or did he just happen to show up on Fox News again?

It's a real Fox News clip as he lives in Detroit and this was when they shut down in April 2020, but I hadn't seen it before now and it's now timely

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Lending is complicated because there are a metric poo poo ton of industry rules and regulations that are enforced by various agencies and organizations and these rules and interpretations of them often change. On top of this the mortgage industry - like real estate - attracts people jumping into a new career hoping to make a quick buck without having much experience.

Even if you use the same bank as someone else, the requirements you might have to jump through to close a mortgage can very greatly based on the terms of your loan and the type of property and it's condition. If you're buying a $300,000 five year old suburban home with 25% down you are going to be on cruise control compared to someone putting 5% down on an 80 year old converted farmhouse in a depressed rural area.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shout out to Grittybeard for recommending Jack Stack:

Good lord the burnt ends :swoon: :gizz:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Should have gotten the prime beef rib.

Good poo poo. Making me jealous.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Work brought up that we’re getting more work in Cleveland. If I didn’t have a wife and kids, I’d probably be back in Cleveland next year. Not sure how I feel about that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Update: I ordered more burnt ends :btroll:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
You enjoy that meal, Fuckface Moron

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

California just going full self-parody now I guess

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 14, 2021

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

My buddies are now cuddling in the top part of the cat tree instead of fighting eachother for it. Yay! It's given me a bit of a smile in a tough time. My grey lady is a bit skittish but very, very cuddly when she's comfortable and it's been really nice the last week or so. Between work getting absolutely insane and my grandma's passing, they've been a nice joy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

Edit: Screencap didn’t work

hey remember when your Senator mocked their power grid

how'd that work out

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My buddies are now cuddling in the top part of the cat tree instead of fighting eachother for it. Yay! It's given me a bit of a smile in a tough time. My grey lady is a bit skittish but very, very cuddly when she's comfortable and it's been really nice the last week or so. Between work getting absolutely insane and my grandma's passing, they've been a nice joy.

Why is one catte wearing what appears to be a life preserver?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is one catte wearing what appears to be a life preserver?

Katya got neutered on Friday. He had a cone that he managed to pull off 4 times in 24 hours so the vet gave the go head to put him in a much, much easier and less stressful to get back on soft recovery collar.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

hey remember when your Senator mocked their power grid

how'd that work out

It seems to have made a bunch of people who own texas power grids insanely richer, so very Texas well.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Katya got neutered on Friday. He had a cone that he managed to pull off 4 times in 24 hours so the vet gave the go head to put him in a much, much easier and less stressful to get back on soft recovery collar.

Poor catte :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Kalli posted:

It seems to have made a bunch of people who own texas power grids insanely richer, so very Texas well.

I'm assuming since GD is dating a doctor that he's doing ok for himself, but if he owns a power grid he's been astonishingly modest about it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

General Dog posted:

https://imgur.com/a/wrkdMwd

Edit: Screencap didn’t work

You're free to continue to not live here but I have no problem with any of this.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 14, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

I'm assuming since GD is dating a doctor that he's doing ok for himself, but if he owns a power grid he's been astonishingly modest about it

That line probably didn't work. I got home just a little bit ago, have been up for 30 hours and it took me a half hour to realize what I was feeling was humidity.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

Thats the dream right there. Find a sugar momma and sit back while your power grid makes you beer money.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Spoeank posted:

You're free to continue to not live here but I have no problem with any of this.

What was this even about?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Spoeank posted:

What exactly happened? Link?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

We're banning gas powered leaf blowers in a couple of years since they're extremely loud and pollute like loving crazy. Also adding a semester of ethnic studies to highschool curriculum

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

We're banning gas powered leaf blowers in a couple of years since they're extremely loud and pollute like loving crazy. Also adding a semester of ethnic studies to highschool curriculum

Oh wow that's a big move. Those things are used all the time here in AZ - we should do the same.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Good

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I loving hate leaf blowers. Get a rake, you lazy prick

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's a real Fox News clip as he lives in Detroit and this was when they shut down in April 2020, but I hadn't seen it before now and it's now timely

He definitely spliced himself into the video. I remember the original clip going around with the dipshits bitching about not being able to get their roots dyed or go to the hardware store and he wasn't in it then he posted the edit on his twitter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xe01e-Mayc

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All my garden stuff is petrol powered and all of my poo poo is better than the best electrical counterpart by a not small margin.

From my cold dead hands!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

They’re banning gas mowers too

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

[Thanks for the feedback on shopping for mortgages everyone. I appreciate your input. It's weird because buying a home is such a large purchase but because of that it's also unnerving because you aren't familiar with the processes or know what to look out for.

Just to be clear; a mortgage broker is different than a home loan officer, right?

Because I've been shopping across home loan officers based at different banks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I love my electric mower

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I remember my mom saying during the 2000 election that if Al Gore won I could say goodbye to the gas mower I used. I guess it turns out Judgement Day can only be pushed back a few decades

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I have an electric blower and it’s a piece of poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Its Rinaldo posted:

I love my electric mower

Ditto. Battery works for the weed eater too which is also great.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

:buddy:

I need to get some Jack Stack again sometime soon, it's been a while.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I love my electric mower

I kinda wish I had an electric mower every time I have to deal with my gas powered one. Yes I remembered later that I'm not supposed to tilt you that way on that pain in the rear end hill but it was freaking hot and it was faster to do that, stop blowing smoke at me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh I forgot to change the timg tag to a url tag. But I did it now, and yeah it's about gas mowers and such, and ethnic studies courses added to curricula

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Oh no, now someone who lives in Placer County will threaten to move to Idaho.

Please, stop, don't go.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

Sweet. Both of those sound great.

General Dog posted:

I have an electric blower and it’s a piece of poo poo

My Ryobi electric OPE set is pretty bomb. I don't have a big yard, but they've been quiet and durable. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have a rake. It works great.

2-stroke motors with no catalytic converter are horribly polluting. Electric blowers and mowers used to be pretty crap and if you have an old battery-op one I wouldn't be surprised if it sucks, but modern ones are fine.

The only reason the entire country's big cities aren't still draped in suffocating smog is because California decided to force automakers to fix their poo poo. CARB is a dysfunctional bureaucratic nightmare organization at its worst (it's done stupid poo poo like banning denatured alcohol, which uhhh, isn't exactly replaceable for certain uses like for example shellac) but at its best, California has dragged the rest of the country into decent air quality control regulation. Manufacturers just can't silo off and ignore a state with 40M people and 15% of the country's economy, and it's cheaper to just sell the same stuff everywhere than it is to make CA-specific stuff, most of the time.