Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Sanctum posted:

I always thought you could crown a talent multiple times, must be one of those things planted in my head by genshin youtubers that are wrong about everything. Yes I remember popular youtube genshiners giving pro-tips for new players:

warning: entirely bad advice
:eng99: Farm chests early because they respawn!
:eng99: Don't level up too many characters, you'll regret it later!
:eng99: Don't invest in that new character you like, never experiment!
:eng99: Don't worry about commissions or resin, focus on completing quests to advance your AR faster!
:eng99: Never spend your crowns! Ever!

I was struggling to do every side quest and find every chest in order to raise my AR enough to follow the main questline through Liyue when I had commissions available and resin to spend. :lol:
Lol, it took like a month to get people to stop spreading that respawning chest bs.

Also, don't level supports past 60 because it's a TRAP! Leveling artifacts past 16 is a TRAP! I know it's true because JinJinx said so and their videos have NUMBERS in them so they must be right and know everything. Who cares if their math is a bunch of made-up incorrect horseshit?1?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the game also looks different if you've got a new account, and all of us had new accounts back then. reaction supports genuinely should stay at 60 if you still have big improvements you should be making to the carries.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The Albedo weapon (free R5 from event):
https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/w_1314/?lang=EN

Itto's 5*:
https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/w_2408/?lang=EN

Shame Itto's weapon doesn't have jade cutter scaling, as is it's not a huge improvement over R5 SS for Noelle. Should be a bit better than R5 SS on him but it's not an excessive gap.

Albedo's weapon though is actually crazy. It functionally increases his E's talent level by five levels. You will be losing crit rate from harb but you can make up for the crit dmg loss by switching from def hat to crit hat. It should be a ~15% dps increase over harbinger in most cases, with no hp mechanic.

So albedo is gaining a 15% damage from the new weapon, a 15% damage increase from the new artifact set over his current BiS, a 15% damage increase from Gorou C0, and a 15% damage increase from Gorou C6. That's a 75% actual dps increase, a few people will be hitting 30,000 damage blossoms.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 14, 2021

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Yeah I remember that don’t level artifacts past 16 thing. It was in the context that if you have a choice of leveling an artifact from 1-16 or 16-20 (both takes the same amount of experience) you go with leveling 1-16 since it’s more bang for your artifact xp buck stats wise.

A year later when your swimming in poo poo artifacts you don’t need to be frugal with leveling artifacts now.

I don’t get the hate from JinJinx and Ten Ten. They do admit they mess up sometimes and their advice gets backed up by other theorycrafters too.

The worst is that when they mess up and a character is actually meta you can always spend your primos just a week late. You can’t get primos back on a character that’s just bad (Me using Childe on his first run before he gets all his talents is dogshit vs Child in trial mode)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mang Tomas posted:

Yeah I remember that don’t level artifacts past 16 thing. It was in the context that if you have a choice of leveling an artifact from 1-16 or 16-20 (both takes the same amount of experience) you go with leveling 1-16 since it’s more bang for your artifact xp buck stats wise.

Except it turned out it wasn't more bang for your buck in terms of total DPS.
Of course this depends on the specific team but in many cases you increase your total DPS more by focusing resources in the main DPS character. Bringing a +16 crit hat to +20 only gives you 5.1% extra crit rate compared to leveling a new hat from +0 to +16 giving 26%, but 5% crit rate on the character you already have lots of atk and crit damage and talent levels stacked up on is often more of a DPS increase than 26% on a secondary character anyways.

JinJinx even made a video about the efficiency math behind that basically saying "I was wrong about the +16 thing".

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 14, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I love that Gorou up to now in the story has been a strictly-business military general, but the entire aesthetic of his kit is overwhelmingly cutesy right down to the cooking specialty. Even the name of his radar passive confirms that he can find stuff because he's a dogboy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the real question now is what's up with that dog lady

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Republicans posted:

Looks like I'll be farming plenty of that healer set if this is what it's paired with.

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1448343435203661835?s=20

Gonna be super good for Itto, Albedo and Noelle.

I wonder if this causes the damage from Albedo's skill to increase while he's still off-field, or if he has to cast it again with the buffs.

That's great, though; I can now get rid of all my 4* artifacts from that defense set (which Albedo is actually currently using).

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder if this causes the damage from Albedo's skill to increase while he's still off-field, or if he has to cast it again with the buffs.

That's great, though; I can now get rid of all my 4* artifacts from that defense set (which Albedo is actually currently using).

Albedo skill snapshots the damage on cast, so it will take the current damage buffs into account and will ignore almost any change in stacks or buffs until the next cast. Gorou c6 will probably be an exception to this the same way Sara's c6 is also an exception.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So far I'm enjoying the new island, the puzzles are cool, but the domain to the far north is just comically phoned in.
It's a single room that spawns waves of the corrosion hounds and a few brutes

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I played heavily for the first couple months, then took a break last December, and came back about a month ago for Aloy. My main goal right now is to clear floors 9-12 of the abyss (not necessarily three stars on everything yet though)

Does anyone have any suggestions for teams for that, or who I should focus on levelling? My main team is usually Bennet and Barbara with either Diluc & Venti or Razor & Fischl, but I haven't settled on a solid secondary team yet.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Alder posted:

I really do hope it's Albedo/Gorou banner :3:

leakers are indicating Gorou is on Itto's banner, unfortunately :v:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I had to drop my WL down from 5 to 4 as these new samurai mobs are just smacking me around and I just want to finish these archon quests before farming stuff to level everything lol

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sure would be nice if we kept getting the new 4 star on the new 5 star banner going forward

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

xK1 posted:

I played heavily for the first couple months, then took a break last December, and came back about a month ago for Aloy. My main goal right now is to clear floors 9-12 of the abyss (not necessarily three stars on everything yet though)

Does anyone have any suggestions for teams for that, or who I should focus on levelling? My main team is usually Bennet and Barbara with either Diluc & Venti or Razor & Fischl, but I haven't settled on a solid secondary team yet.

Why Bennett and Barbara together? I imagine having two healers makes it a lot harder to put out enough dps to keep up.
Diluc also really wants to be married to Xingqiu 24/7 since his rainswords are the only hydro source that can keep up with Diluc's pyro, and vaporize is huge for him.
Razor wants a party with at least one cryo user because the superconduct reaction amplifies his physical damage.

You could try teams of Diluc+XQ+Bennett+Venti in one team and Razor+Fischl+Diona+??? (Probably Zhongli) in the secondary team. Razor team could also be Razor Fischl Aloy [Kokomi/Barbara], maybe.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Aloy would be a terrible superconduct activator for Razor... Diona's also right there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

xK1 posted:

Diluc/Bennet/Xingqui/Zhongli or Diluc/Venti/Xingqui/Zhongli would be good. You really want Xingqui to be with Diluc, it spikes Diluc's damage massively off of water + fire reactions. As for the other team, since you have so much investment in Razor you could go Razor/Fischl/Diona/Sucrose? (Or Venti if you aren't using him in the first team) If you want to use Razor you really want a cryo unit with him because ice + electricity is superconduct, which reduces physical resistance, and Razor's an autoattack bot.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 14, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
You guys gotta check this out.

Chinese players put together a two-hour fan-made (edit: but Mihoyo sponsored) compilation/talent show for the anniversary.

If you don't want to watch the entire thing, at least watch the live action part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyV8hXbZqI&t=3530s

(There's soft subtitles)

screw the Genshin anime, I now want a 48 episode live action drama

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 14, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Radical posted:

sure would be nice if we kept getting the new 4 star on the new 5 star banner going forward

I think they took the success of the Raiden banner into account for this but they forgot to carry over the impactful constellations on the 5* being early and instead they made it so C6 on Ittou is the biggest leap.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Why Bennett and Barbara together? I imagine having two healers makes it a lot harder to put out enough dps to keep up.

It was mostly because I was using Bennett more as an elemental recharge bot/damage booster than as a healer, but that does make sense, thank you very much everyone for the suggestions!

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
So I've been thinking, is there any reason to keep any artifacts from sets that are exclusively 4* nowadays? At least for a mature account. Obviously, I only keep the best pieces but even so I was going through my artifacts for stuff I could junk earlier and realized that I haven't used any artifacts from any of those sets in months.

Anything I'm missing that might make some of those sets uniquely applicable?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No. Once you get to the point that you are swimming in 5*s then you can safely turn on "Consume everything up to 4*" feature

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Instructor, Exile and Scholar are the only 4* sets you're likely to ever need, Instructor more so than the other two. Everything else is garbo in comparison to the advantage of better stats on 5* pieces.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

xK1 posted:

Diluc/Xingqiu/Zhongli/Bennet on one side, Kokomi/Beidou/Fischl/(Venti/Sucrose) on the other, would be very close to what I've been using recently to 36 star abyss. The second team is surprisingly flexible, since you can give Kokomi the Dragonslayer book and Millileth set, and give the buffs to either Fischl or Beidou depending on if you're fighting 1 or multiple targets.

Danakir posted:

So I've been thinking, is there any reason to keep any artifacts from sets that are exclusively 4* nowadays? At least for a mature account. Obviously, I only keep the best pieces but even so I was going through my artifacts for stuff I could junk earlier and realized that I haven't used any artifacts from any of those sets in months.

Anything I'm missing that might make some of those sets uniquely applicable?

I'd keep a circlet from the hydro and electro resist sets, maybe the other ones too. They're useful in abyss once in a while. Some people keep a 4 set of instructors if you want to hypercharge a certain character. Like, a Diluc team with 4 Noblesse Xingqiu and 4 Instructor Bennet.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1448477588700086273

no comment

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The reason we don't have Dendro is because Ella Musk's family "owns" all the Nagadus Emeralds in Teyvat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is there a follower milestone we can hit to remove the musk references from the game

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Someone stop Paimon shes posting cringe on Twitter

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Selane posted:

Lol, it took like a month to get people to stop spreading that respawning chest bs.

Also, don't level supports past 60 because it's a TRAP! Leveling artifacts past 16 is a TRAP! I know it's true because JinJinx said so and their videos have NUMBERS in them so they must be right and know everything. Who cares if their math is a bunch of made-up incorrect horseshit?1?!?!
Nowadays I think youtube tracks how often a video gets clicked when pushed to your feed, and prioritizes videos with the highest ratio of engagement over everything else. All the clickbait videos; doesn't have to be useful or accurate content as long as it gets higher engagement with a clickbaity title/thumbnail. Seems like current content creators can't compete without resorting to the same tactics.

Youtube wasn't always like that. Clickbait videos didn't force their way to the top of every feed back when likes/comments/subscriptions were loosely weighted and engagement clicks didn't count. The goal wasn't to trick you into watching one more genshin impact video, it was to throw all manner of similar content your way and maybe something you actually like.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
man, we sure are smart here, in the future. God, those people in the past, who had ideas, they were so dumb, and like kind of a little wrong, what a bunch of quacks

the videos talking about "don't level past +16", etc, were in a world where people were still struggling to A6 their first DPS. It's actually pretty sound advice if you're not running a hyper-carry, and for hypercarries its not a deal-breaker to reinvest that resin elsewhere, sure you can amplify your hypercarry's DPS more and get more value, but abyss DOES take two teams when you get to that point... And back then very few people did the math to prove them wrong, either. Even now, you really shouldn't stretch yourself thin as you start out, or we'll have another poster in this thread talking about how Oceanid is too hard or they just hit a new world level and they can't make progress.

I mean, we STILL have posters in this thread like that.

also people forget how hard jinx was preaching the truth of our god, bennett

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 14, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Genshin Impact: gently caress elon musk

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/lumie_lumie/status/1448493106609991682?s=20

wow mihoyo, how come you let the dog have two idles on launch

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1448492883930058754?s=20

and holy poo poo the boys they're both amazing! his construct is a lil akabeko :3: that burst splash screen is also :discourse:

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

This is really gross and I hate it.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Am I missing something or do you get like 4 pufferfish in a fishing cycle? And it takes 40 to fully refine The Catch? And each cycle is 72 hours?
Whoever came up with this should have to redeem 30 pufferfish for their paycheck :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redmark posted:

Am I missing something or do you get like 4 pufferfish in a fishing cycle? And it takes 40 to fully refine The Catch? And each cycle is 72 hours?
Whoever came up with this should have to redeem 30 pufferfish for their paycheck :argh:
its incredibly rng dependent, you could get as many as 10 a cycle or literally none. there was an event that meant you could grind it out in a couple days but that event is now over.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

There's like half a dozen spots with pufferfish, you can usually get a refinement piece in two or three cycles (or more if it refuses to give you enough green pufferfish like it did me a couple times).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If someone asks what a himbo is, Itto is like #1 visual guide

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Itto is basically Johnny Bravo, and I hope they pick a VA who can really nail that perfect balance of charming and blowhard

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh is there any kind of story recap feature?

I'm a ways into Liyue at this point and I have zero idea who half the characters are and why I should care about them.

How many to have dawei duel him on the millennium tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Genshin impact going after crypto pigeons, huh