Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Countblanc posted:

finally, we can fix samurott

Which is strange given that it would probably have been most appropriate in this region and time period.

karmicknight posted:

there are basically a bunch of pokemon scientists that all independently created the same deal. Every single one of them is convinced everyone else stole their idea.

Yet the people who copied fellow genetic experiment, Type:Null, were happy to admit they stole the plans from Alola. I guess nobody wants to admit to inventing that monstrosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Armored Mewtwo fits the theme and was in go

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm not sure why people are getting mad at Game Freak over BDSP when they aren't even making the drat thing, they literally outsourced it to a different studio.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe they should have done a better job oursourcing it. it makes no difference which corporate imprint of the $10 billion brand is to blame

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Super No Vacancy posted:

maybe they should have done a better job oursourcing it. it makes no difference which corporate imprint of the $10 billion brand is to blame

I guess they kind of hit that plateau where they could do a low-ball effort on a given work and it'll still make millions. It won't financially ruin them.

Although at the same time they have this weird outlook where they view features and mechanics as "experiments" and they try them for a game only to discard the feature in the next title until fan demand asks for them to come back, and then they come back but with a twist that makes it worse. That's their idea of "innovation".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know the other studio's name and i'm not going to learn it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its ILCA they made the dominos pizza ft. hatsune miku app

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

To think they'd fall so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I just hope they adjust the trainer levels from the original game if they're going to introduce permanent Exp share

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

RatHat posted:

I just hope they adjust the trainer levels from the original game if they're going to introduce permanent Exp share

Lol

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Blaziken386 posted:

dexnav is one of the best QoL features in the entire series so of course it was exclusive to ORAS, never to be utilized again

Honestly for how overall thoroughly mediocre-at-best Gen VI was the actual QoL and general UI it had was easily the best in the series; the PSS and DexNav alone (with Super Training being a good if horribly slow way to make EVs accessible to anyone), coupled with touch screen menu items was loving insane and everything else is such an insane downgrade I can't believe they didn't just keep them forever.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

RatHat posted:

apparently they changed the amount of money you get from some, and one of the trailers showed some a double battle with galactic grunts with a pokemon combination that (apparently) wasn't possible in DP, so, maybe?? hopefully???

but also, lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
After that reveal that the music is actually lower tech than a handheld game from more than a decade ago, I’ve become convinced BDSP is some kind of 5D chess move on GameFreaks part. It will make their own new Pokémon game look a million times better. And it will serve as some kind of “proof” that no one else can do Pokémon. Check the records! ILCA is a shell company! Wake up sheeple!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

In somewhat Pokemon related news, anyone try Monster Crown, that pokemon like that just dropped on steam?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I’ve seen people around the internet arguing about if Hisuian forms/evolutions for the starters would even be possible since they were newly brought there by Laventon, but I personally feel like Pokémon evolution is basically magic. If a Kantonian Pikachu can evolve into an Alolan Raichu then the starters can have new forms despite not being native too.

A Sometimes Food posted:

In somewhat Pokemon related news, anyone try Monster Crown, that pokemon like that just dropped on steam?

I haven’t played it yet because I’m waiting for the ps4 version, but it looks interesting. Every mon has a different form for each typing you can get through breeding. Story looks laughably edgy, but I have a high tolerance.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 14, 2021

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

galagazombie posted:

After that reveal that the music is actually lower tech than a handheld game from more than a decade ago, I’ve become convinced BDSP is some kind of 5D chess move on GameFreaks part. It will make their own new Pokémon game look a million times better. And it will serve as some kind of “proof” that no one else can do Pokémon. Check the records! ILCA is a shell company! Wake up sheeple!

I was really expecting this to go in another direction, and turn into, "They'll buy anything!" But it is kind of a good strategy to help sell Arceus.

"The king of games has returned with Pokemon Legends. 7/10 - Gamespot, who definitely is still relevant."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Poser. Shaking my drat head here.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

Poser. Shaking my drat head here.

I wanna be a wooloo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:laffo: What the gently caress. I just got locked down from Pokemon Home on my tablet because I thought it would be a good idea to speed up GTS trades if I had it on my phone too. Nope! You can only have it on one mobile device ever, apparently! And now it says my data was transferred away and god Arceus knows how I will be able to use it again on the tablet now. How are these people so loving moronic?? There's an account sign-in already, why are you locking it into one device!?

And this on top of already loving up and there being two completely different versions of Pokemon Home (Switch + mobile) where you can only transfer mons into/out of games through the Switch, but you can only use the GTS and other trading features on mobile. :gamefreak:

How do I "transfer" back into the tablet? I prefer to use it with a bigger screen to manage this stuff and there's no options anywhere that I can see.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Saoshyant posted:

:laffo: What the gently caress. I just got locked down from Pokemon Home on my tablet because I thought it would be a good idea to speed up GTS trades if I had it on my phone too. Nope! You can only have it on one mobile device ever, apparently! And now it says my data was transferred away and god Arceus knows how I will be able to use it again on the tablet now. How are these people so loving moronic?? There's an account sign-in already, why are you locking it into one device!?

And this on top of already loving up and there being two completely different versions of Pokemon Home (Switch + mobile) where you can only transfer mons into/out of games through the Switch, but you can only use the GTS and other trading features on mobile. :gamefreak:

How do I "transfer" back into the tablet? I prefer to use it with a bigger screen to manage this stuff and there's no options anywhere that I can see.

It reminds me of how Game Freak decided to except themself from one of the biggest value-adds of NSO which is the cloud backup of saves. Meanwhile the Switch is hacked wide open and the GTS is filled with all sorts of hack mons so it's wholly irrelevant but that doesn't stop GF from inconveniencing their players.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I recall doing something similar. Device transfer is supported. Check the app help section.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I’ve seen people around the internet arguing about if Hisuian forms/evolutions for the starters would even be possible since they were newly brought there by Laventon, but I personally feel like Pokémon evolution is basically magic. If a Kantonian Pikachu can evolve into an Alolan Raichu then the starters can have new forms despite not being native too.

I’m guessing it’s some Arceus fuckery during the story. Literal deus ex machina

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh yeah when i upgraded phones i had to burn one of my one-time only 2fa passwords to get back into home, which thank god i thought to save somewhere

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Its so kids don't give out their home passwords because kids are dumb. Also gamereak is dumb.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I've been doing a lot of trading on the GTS recently. You can get really good stuff if you show up with things that are hard to get in Sword/Shield, like Porygon-Z, Gorebyss, Huntail or Florges. Like people are always offering legendaries and shinies in return for those. But I don't trade for them unless the game-of-origin icon is Pokemon Go, because I guess I thought it didn't have exploits. Is that correct, though? They must give legendaries and shinies out like candy if these are all legit.

I have like a dozen shiny Oshawott and Tepig from Pokemon Go players for example.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hammerite posted:

They must give legendaries and shinies out like candy if these are all legit.

Legendaries are available in raids all day. Like, if you had found a group and were doing all the raids around you today you'd have ended up with 8-10 Giratinas just today. That piles up considering how long the game has existed.

Certain events, mostly the Community Days, increase the shiny rate exponentially. So you'll find tons of people with shiny starters or Eevees or the occasional random ones like Duskull recently, because those people participated in the respective Community Day for that mon.

PoGo is fun if you like to walk/bike around, especially if you know others who do so as well. Give it a try. You can always transfer most mons into the "real" games later.

Bongo Bill posted:

I recall doing something similar. Device transfer is supported. Check the app help section.

I have looked everywhere in the app and can't find anything. I'll look up online for more information in a bit.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 14, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Also it's been possible to get every legendary for... at least 3 generations? between ORAS mirages, SUMO hyperspace poo poo, and the Dynamax Adventures, not even considering how easy it is now to make a new profile and re-farm the adventures on the new save. So, not unreasonable that some folks might have 3 legit Giratinas or whatever just from having played several entries.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, I’m more than halfway into the Generations anime now and I gotta say some of these shorts have weirdly dark endings (like Team Aqua presumably being murdered by Primal Kyogre and Cheryl being attacked by a ghost).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Saoshyant posted:

Legendaries are available in raids all day. Like, if you had found a group and were doing all the raids around you today you'd have ended up with 8-10 Giratinas just today. That piles up considering how long the game has existed.

Certain events, mostly the Community Days, increase the shiny rate exponentially. So you'll find tons of people with shiny starters or Eevees or the occasional random ones like Duskull recently, because those people participated in the respective Community Day for that mon.

PoGo is fun if you like to walk/bike around, especially if you know others who do so as well. Give it a try. You can always transfer most mons into the "real" games later.

I have looked everywhere in the app and can't find anything. I'll look up online for more information in a bit.

I open Go on my phone every so often and end up catching a shiny. It must have a way better shiny rate than the normal games.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
PoGo has great shiny rates, I believe in certain events, it's about 1/20 - 1/40 (in raids). I got lucky and caught a shiny palkia and dialga about two months ago!

They also generally come with "good" in game stats. It's pretty neat and fun if you like walking around parks or have a long work/school commute.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The standard rate for shinies in Go is 1/500, it's balanced out by not really being able to choose what you encounter. And since they introduced seasons there's plenty of Pokemon that aren't spawning right now, so their shiny chance is effectively 0. There's a few mons that are boosted to 1/60 and legendary Pokemon from raids, if their shiny is turned on, is 1/20.

Oh yeah, that's important to remember, this game releases shiny chances as content, so this Halloween we finally got shiny Spinarak after it being in the game since early 2017 and if you get a new legendary in raids, or a new form, you'll have to wait for it to be rerun in like a year to get its shiny.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Which is strange given that it would probably have been most appropriate in this region and time period.

Yet the people who copied fellow genetic experiment, Type:Null, were happy to admit they stole the plans from Alola. I guess nobody wants to admit to inventing that monstrosity.

I think the idea behind samurott was fine but the execution was a stink burger. Make him a proper bipedal samurai like his previous evos and now we're in business. Hisuian Mewtwo though? that's a heavy lift right there I'll admit.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Flopsy posted:

I think the idea behind samurott was fine but the execution was a stink burger. Make him a proper bipedal samurai like his previous evos and now we're in business. Hisuian Mewtwo though? that's a heavy lift right there I'll admit.

I like it well enough, certainly more than the other Unova starters, but Samurott needed less Special Attack and more speed or at least better Attack and Defenses. Same as Decidueye, really. They had potential, they just fail to use it because their stats aren’t focused on what they’d be good at and their abilities were thematic, but not particularly helpful.

Speaking of Abilities, would it ever be possible to fix the default starter abilities. I know Gamefreak is married to tradition and all, but Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent are all so terrible that even they had to notice nobody uses them unless they have to. I know they’re made to be a safety net for the kids and play into the typical shonen anime underdog power-up trope, but they could at least be powered up a little. Even as little change as activating at 50% health would be something.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Geostomp posted:

Speaking of Abilities, would it ever be possible to fix the default starter abilities. I know Gamefreak is married to tradition and all, but Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent are all so terrible that even they had to notice nobody uses them unless they have to. I know they’re made to be a safety net for the kids and play into the typical shonen anime underdog power-up trope, but they could at least be powered up a little. Even as little change as activating at 50% health would be something.

Just make them always active but a lesser effect, or an effect that ramps up as health decreases, like a nega-Water Spout.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

Just make them always active but a lesser effect, or an effect that ramps up as health decreases, like a nega-Water Spout.

Having them be effectively Adaptability would go a ways to making them seem like better than normal members of their types. Especially for lackluster attackers like Blastoise or Meganium. I would prefer it to add an additional effect to set them apart from Adaptability, though. It’s just hard to think of one that would be powerful and unique without being too busted.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flopsy posted:

Every region should get a Meowth. IMO

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every region should get a Meowth. IMO

Unovan Meowth is just Garfield

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RatHat posted:

Unovan Meowth is just Garfield

Alola already did that with Persian!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Alola already did that with Persian!

No that's Heathcliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Has this screenshot from the Japanese version of Legends been discussed before? Rowlet has way too much HP, so is it possible stats have been reworked due to the new battle system?

RatHat posted:

They’re mostly correct, but that’s just because they steal all their info from other leakers. IIRC all this stuff came from a Chinese leaker.

Yeah, there was a lot of drama about that in the last few days. Apparently, Chinese Riddler was upset that Centro took their leak, but also Centro supposedly misinterpreted the three images as being about three mons instead of one or something. Then someone claimed that almost everything Centro posted after taking the Riddler stuff was fake info fed to them to prove they're leak thieves.

Upset Riddler with their version of the starter evos leak:

What Centro misinterpreted with the Buff Arm and Baby Emoji is Kotori from Love Live. She is associated with Rowlet in fandom circles but there's no way Rowlet would become buff and muscle-y in later forms (and it's doubtful that Demona or the moon/moth has to do with Typhlosion and Samurott),so I think it would stand to reason that the images mean "bigger rowlet is kimono and moon/moth themed".

Thread on fake info:
https://twitter.com/Remellu/status/1448966889351356421

Also, Centro made a tweet with just Good bye in it last night after a "final leak" where they ape Chinese Riddler's leak style and still keep the three Riddler images separate in the collage. My guess is they're gone until the heat dies down. They didn't even unpin their pinned tweet that says Legends will get DLC which they now claim won't happen.

Centro's "Final Leak"