Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Man Rattler sure bailed in a hurry. I’d be a littler nervous if I’m OU from a depth perspective and also hoping Williams doesn’t fall back to earth.

Rattler’s draft stock has to be plummeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

You've already got your answer, but worth noting given this weekend's game that 2019 Georgia/Kentucky had 52 combined passing yards, not a typo

Wasn’t that game also during a monsoon or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Man Rattler sure bailed in a hurry. I’d be a littler nervous if I’m OU from a depth perspective and also hoping Williams doesn’t fall back to earth.

Rattler’s draft stock has to be plummeting.

That article says he's still in for now although everyone expects he'll transfer after the season, sounds more like Lincoln gave him a day off because he was pissed about not getting enough first team reps--or for whatever reason, not like they're going to tell us.

I can't find anything other than that one tweet from someone I'm not familiar with that says he's in the transfer portal already, and as noted it wouldn't do him any good right now since he'd have to wait until next season to play again (I do not know if you can or how to search the portal). Might as well stick around for the rest of the year in case Caleb Williams turns out to be terrible or gets hurt?

But yeah his draft stock went from at least in the conversation to be first overall to like 5th round in about a month. To be fair the first overall stuff was mainly based on 'is he Oklahoma's quarterback?' and maybe a bit of having a strong arm as far as I can tell.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 14, 2021

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is probably a hot take but like Rattler was an rear end in a top hat on QB1 so it shouldn't be a shocker would respond like this

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wasn’t that game also during a monsoon or something?

That's the one. I believe it was tied scoreless at halftime, but Georgia pulled away in the 2nd half. Kentucky just had an incredible pass defense that year overall.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Losing Mustipher for the rest of the season is bad bad bad, especially with the rushing attacks of Ohio State/Michigan/Michigan State still to come.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/BReNTBaKeR1987/status/1447283636567515139

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

That's the one. I believe it was tied scoreless at halftime, but Georgia pulled away in the 2nd half. Kentucky just had an incredible pass defense that year overall.

That was also prime James Coley offense, which is, uh, not a good thing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

This is bullshit, FYI

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah he's still there but I assume he will (and should) transfer at the end of the year. He was disappointing if you were expecting him to win the Heisman but he'd still be an upgrade at a bunch of schools and can salvage his draft stock a little if he comes back and has a good year for someone next year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You can enter the portal and come back anyway. Not that I would expect that from a QB who’s supposed to have NFL talent and lost his job to a younger player.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

MourningView posted:

Yeah he's still there but I assume he will (and should) transfer at the end of the year. He was disappointing if you were expecting him to win the Heisman but he'd still be an upgrade at a bunch of schools and can salvage his draft stock a little if he comes back and has a good year for someone next year.

Yeah, I expect him transfer, and yeah, he should. But immediately bailing on the team is not something he's going to do, as bad as he may want (and who really knows about that) 'cause that's gonna raise quite a few red flags for his collegiate and pro career if he did.

I'm still also a little shaken up seeing Bradford go down live, in person only a few minutes into the '09 season so I'd definitely like to have a competent QB as a backup, even if he is merely "competent."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
The only reason to bail now would be if you could still redshirt, but I think he’s past that point. I also heard he was an rear end in a top hat on that QB1 show so maybe he’s a head case.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spacemonkey57 posted:

The only reason to bail now would be if you could still redshirt, but I think he’s past that point. I also heard he was an rear end in a top hat on that QB1 show so maybe he’s a head case.

I think he already redshirted

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Isn’t it a thing that coach’s are only supposed to contact you if you are in the portal? So maybe this is a way to float the weather balloon and see how things shake out?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I also heard he was an rear end in a top hat on that QB1 show so maybe he’s a head case.

https://twitter.com/notbigbaiierry/status/1446913534504443904

Checks out

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Isn’t it a thing that coach’s are only supposed to contact you if you are in the portal? So maybe this is a way to float the weather balloon and see how things shake out?

Yeah just like boosters aren't supposed to be handing bags of cash under the table :rolleyes:

Any of these high profile dudes need to have their parents reaching out to folks through burners before they hit the portal, I don't buy the really desirable transfers don't have some idea of who would take them before they hit it.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I’m headed to Austin this weekend, what were the (non-Salt Lick, that’s played out) BBQ/food recs from this thread again?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah just like boosters aren't supposed to be handing bags of cash under the table :rolleyes:

Any of these high profile dudes need to have their parents reaching out to folks through burners before they hit the portal, I don't buy the really desirable transfers don't have some idea of who would take them before they hit it.

I say supposed to as in at least that is the rule on the books, of course folks communicate on a back channel. But now if he at least put himself in the portal he can openly talk to whoever.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Troy Queef posted:

I’m headed to Austin this weekend, what were the (non-Salt Lick, that’s played out) BBQ/food recs from this thread again?

Tacos:
- la tunita
- veracruz

BBQ
- la barbecue
- mickelthwait's

Italian
- patrizi's

ramen
- tatsuya
- sazan

Bougie
- uchiko
- barley swine
- odd duck

Breweries/beer gartens
- easy tiger
- zilker brewing

TexMex
- matt's el rancho

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 14, 2021

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Alright. Cards on the table, everyone. #1 Georgia vs #11 Kentucky this Saturday at 1530 hrs ET on CBS. Who ya rolling with?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Troy Queef posted:

Neil has a good list but I'm also a strong proponent of Franklin's BBQ on East 11th

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Is Chuy's down at Barton Springs still good? I loved it but that was like 15 years ago

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

HereticMIND posted:

Alright. Cards on the table, everyone. #1 Georgia vs #11 Kentucky this Saturday at 1530 hrs ET on CBS. Who ya rolling with?

Dawgs by a billion. Like, never close or remotely a game at all.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

Is Chuy's down at Barton Springs still good? I loved it but that was like 15 years ago

They're a chain across Texas now.

I still love them but everyone else thinks they're cheesy garbage

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I've had Chuy's in DFW and wasn't impressed. But maybe the OG location/s are better? There's a pizza chain called Hideaway sprawling through Oklahoma and Arkansas now, original is in Stillwater and it's still the best (recommend any Hideaway though, poo poo's good)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol this JD kid needs to be right behind the bench this weekend in a Williams jersey

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

TipTow posted:

I've had Chuy's in DFW and wasn't impressed. But maybe the OG location/s are better? There's a pizza chain called Hideaway sprawling through Oklahoma and Arkansas now, original is in Stillwater and it's still the best (recommend any Hideaway though, poo poo's good)

yeah, it's nothing special and no, they're all the same. but lmk what kind of food you're hoping to have Troy Queef and I can give you a recommendation.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TipTow posted:

I will fully admit there is nothing special about Chuy's, but still for some reason I think of it as quintessential "garbage Tex-Mex".

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

I will fully admit there is nothing special about Chuy's, but still for some reason I think of it as quintessential "garbage Tex-Mex".

The pulled chicken that goes in their stacked enchiladas puts it a tier above replacement-level Tex-Mex for me. There’s a bit of New Mexican food DNA in there. That and the chips and salsa and that ranch stuff are good.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

They're a chain across Texas now.

I still love them but everyone else thinks they're cheesy garbage

They are in Florida too. I love taking edibles and getting that fuckoff sized sampler platter

As for Austin, I really like Blacks BBQ, but i get they aren't the top of everyone's list

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

They are in Florida too.

Oh yeah, they're apparently all over SEC country now.

Good for them

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The Chuys menu has been cut back to minimums during COVID, which stinks because the seasonal stuff was usually pretty good.

Combo fajitas for 1 with extra flour tortillas and chips/salsa/creamy jalapeño is a solid $20 take out dinner for 2.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

They are in Florida too. I love taking edibles and getting that fuckoff sized sampler platter

As for Austin, I really like Blacks BBQ, but i get they aren't the top of everyone's list

The two Neil mentioned were my favorites but I liked Blacks a lot

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

The two Neil mentioned were my favorites but I liked Blacks a lot

Black's and Terry Black's are also great! if you can drive out to Lockhart to eat the trinity out there, they're also great. The list is no way exhaustive, just places that should all be easy to get to for someone visiting and i'm assuming staying central/downtown.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Highly recommend El Chilito for tacos in Austin, great breakfast ones too. I miss their cochinita pibil tacos so much.

Also would direct you to check out Loro on S Lamar, it is asian texas BBQ fusion which is very good. Beyond that it is the best place to get Franklin's brisket without waiting in a line for an ungodly amount of time since it his spin off restaurant.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
mickelthwait's also has the bonus of basically being down the street from Franklin's if you happen to want to take your chances with that line and either don't make it to the front or are a right thinking person who decides "gently caress waiting 10 hours for BBQ when there is great BBQ everywhere in this city"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Mickelthwaits is better on the whole for me anyway, far superior sides and if you get there early enough their in house bread for the sandwiches is next level good.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Mickelthwaits is better on the whole for me anyway, far superior sides and if you get there early enough their in house bread for the sandwiches is next level good.

I'm a fan of their frito pie, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They had a cooler full of free beer too when I was there so A+ experience around