Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Poque posted:

The answer is: If you kill a mummy while wearing the napalm ring, they will collapse in a heap but will explode out around them. A mummy's own explosion can't kill itself when it's down, but if you kill a bunch of mummies all at once, a bunch of their explosions will take each other out.

Hey, thanks for that! That was super nice of you. :) I think I'll keep Crusader, in that case. I just tear through mummies and their ilk like nobody's business with that, and while it's annoying not being able to kill the armored bugs, they're not much of a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

coolusername posted:

Wow Clint is just like, the worst, isn't he? What a prick.

Also: I'm beginning to think Prismatic Jelly is a lie created solely to taunt me. Every time I take that wizard quest to find it, I can't find it - I've tried going through the 95/105/115/0/repeat cycle, as well as clearing from 105 floor by floor, every day for the week both times I picked it up, and both times I couldn't find the drat thing.

Also make sure you don't make my mistake : The Jelly can only spawn while the quest is active, as in you've accepted it from the board and it's in your journal/quest log. Just going "I'll hunt it but if I don't find it I'll do the other quest this week" will not work (for almost all the special orders board actually.)

But yeah, it's weird and RNG-y. Maybe the wiki has good tips.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silver Falcon posted:

Hey, thanks for that! That was super nice of you. :) I think I'll keep Crusader, in that case. I just tear through mummies and their ilk like nobody's business with that, and while it's annoying not being able to kill the armored bugs, they're not much of a threat.

No prob! And Crusader is AWESOME for what it's worth. Bug Killer was also nice but Crusader was my favorite of the weapon enchantments that I used.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Oh my god. :pusheen:

THERE'S A WHOLE OTHER ISLAND??? oh god there's even more dungeons and crops and people to befriend how does this game keep getting bigger?

I mean I'm loving it but I thought that hitting 100 skull level, and maxing out the remainder of my friendship points and doing the community upgrade for Pam and Penny + buying off those wizarding buildings was end-game but I'M AT MIDGAME? I have so many hours into this already!?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It's so good too :allears:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Wait til they get to the RTS Warcraft tribute taking place in the Gotoro War :allears:

Kidding. That isn’t in the game. But would it really surprise you to learn that it was?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

coolusername posted:

Oh my god. :pusheen:

THERE'S A WHOLE OTHER ISLAND??? oh god there's even more dungeons and crops and people to befriend how does this game keep getting bigger?

I mean I'm loving it but I thought that hitting 100 skull level, and maxing out the remainder of my friendship points and doing the community upgrade for Pam and Penny + buying off those wizarding buildings was end-game but I'M AT MIDGAME? I have so many hours into this already!?

Until December 2020, where you were was the endgame.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

coolusername posted:

Also: I'm beginning to think Prismatic Jelly is a lie created solely to taunt me. Every time I take that wizard quest to find it, I can't find it - I've tried going through the 95/105/115/0/repeat cycle, as well as clearing from 105 floor by floor, every day for the week both times I picked it up, and both times I couldn't find the drat thing.

I feel your pain on that. Done that quest several times and always taken me in game days to find it. Even with the hint that you can go to the elevator go to floor 5 check for slimes then go to floor 0 and repeat from the elevator to keep rerolling to see if it'll spawn.

The Prismatic Jelly CAN spawn on any floor sliimes can spawn on which is most of them. Floor 5 just happens to be a smaller floor with weak enemies to defeat to check the rest.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
All I need to do for true perfection right now is the golden clock. Right now I have a basement full of stardew wine fermenting and have been growing berries or whatever. Is there a faster way to get to 10m?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Whenever I need to find the Prismatic Jelly, I take it as an excuse to stock up on coal too. I usually find it without too much bother while I'm killing Soot Sprites, and I always need more coal.

In my beach farm, it's winter 2, I have full hearts with everyone, I have only 2 fish left to catch, and I just finished the last monster slaying goal. We're doing it! We're making it happen! Just need to make a bunch of money for the last Obelisks and the Golden Clock.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

thehoodie posted:

All I need to do for true perfection right now is the golden clock. Right now I have a basement full of stardew wine fermenting and have been growing berries or whatever. Is there a faster way to get to 10m?

Ginger Island supposedly has 878 plantable spaces. A big shed fits 129 kegs (slightly more for some input methods), meaning 6 sheds full of kegs can handle almost the full output of the island. So, build 6 big sheds and fill them with kegs. Plant 129x6 ancient fruits on Ginger Island. Harvest them once a week, and bring them to your sheds on the farm. Remove any wine that finished fermenting there, place a new fruit in the kegs, and continue on your merry way for the next six days. That’s 6 x 129 x (550 x 3) = 1.3 million gold per week, though I have no clue if you will be able to finish the six sheds before earning the 10 million directly. If you don’t have 774 oak resins handy, you can use preserves jars instead for slightly less profit per fruit.

(This is my current plan. Haven’t put it to practice yet, since I am still bootstrapping my way through a strawberry/preserve pair of sheds, which give 52000 gold every four days. That money goes right back into Robin’s/Clint’s greedy pockets for the raw materials I need for sheds and kegs. :argh:)

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Do the Sheds fit more kegs than barns now?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Probably not, but the sheds are nice and rectangular, so things look orderly when I go in there.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

LLSix posted:

Do the Sheds fit more kegs than barns now?

Once upgraded, yes: a big shed houses 1 more than a deluxe barn, and takes up less squares on the farm itself, to boot (7x3 vs 7x4)

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Keg

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thehoodie posted:

Preserves Jars don't give quite as much but they're faster, as well as just selling the fruit itself if you have a shitload.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Preserves are good for gift fodder, at least way back when I last played. Pretty sure anyone who would dislike a particular fruit wont mind getting preserves of that fruit.

E: I never leave my house without at least 20 jars of preserves to throw at my neighbors

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 5, 2021

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Preserves are such an expensive gift. Especially when crab pot sashimi exists.

I can't imagine having enough preserve jars to give out 2 gifts to everyone every week before late game. That's so much coal.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm curious to see what would happen if I gifted Pam some pickled hops.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Iridium-Quality Loved Gifts is the way to go, though admittedly difficult to source in the early game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm curious to see what would happen if I gifted Pam some pickled hops.

It’s like placing a mirror in front of a mirror.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Pickled my rear end, she's already past her due date.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Started playing this again last night but I was drunk so I don't remember what I did and whatever it was was probably stupid. Stardew Valley!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bogart posted:

It’s like placing a mirror in front of a mirror.

I'll definitely have to try it the next time I load up my game. Pam's the type that would drink hand sanitizer for the alcohol content.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

mactheknife posted:

Started playing this again last night but I was drunk so I don't remember what I did and whatever it was was probably stupid. Stardew Valley!

I'd imagine you ate all your parsnips and passed out in the mines. Linus found you face down in the mud getting chewed on by Slimes. When you boot up the game again, you'll find yourself dirt poor with your pockets stuffed with rocks and slime with no memory of what happened.

Stardew Valley!

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

mactheknife posted:

Started playing this again last night but I was drunk so I don't remember what I did and whatever it was was probably stupid.

Pam has entered the chat

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I'd imagine you ate all your parsnips and passed out in the mines. Linus found you face down in the mud getting chewed on by Slimes. When you boot up the game again, you'll find yourself dirt poor with your pockets stuffed with rocks and slime with no memory of what happened.

Stardew Valley!

Hey, you're finally awake.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Giving someone some bullshit you found in the trash or on the ground, and they love it. Stardew Valley!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

maltesh posted:

Iridium-Quality Loved Gifts is the way to go, though admittedly difficult to source in the early game.

This here is the second biggest reason to take the botanist perk (after ensuring maximum stackability). Any Villager who loves a forage item is going to be your friend REAL QUICK.
Sandy likes flowers from the Valley? WELL SANDY YOU'RE GOING TO GET THE LOVELIEST LILLIES I CAN FIND.
George likes leeks? WELL GUESS WHAT BUCKO, HERE'S SOME PREMIUM poo poo.
SAM'S SWEET SUCCULENT CACTUS FRUIT?! PICKED RIGHT OUT OF THE SAND!
Haley here's a coconut.
LEAH MY DEAR, TRUFFLES ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE A GIFT BUT I GOT LIKE 50 PIGS SO HERE'S YOUR DAILY SHROOM.
KROBUS YOU ALLURRING FORMLESS VOID, HERE'S YOUR PEOPLE'S MOST REVERED ITEM, A HORSERADISH.
LINUS I'D GIVE YOU CACTI AND COCONUTS BUT YOU'RE COOL SO I ALREADY GOT YOU TO TEN HEARTS.
PAM I'm gonna stop shouting I know you got a hangover. Here's a cactus.
Vincent I will give you one singular ground grape. Enjoy kid.
And then finally Rasmodius, here's some purple mushrooms to trip on.

And if you went with the fruit bat cave then all that fruit counts as forage and gets picked up at Iridium level. This opens up possibilities with Elliot, Gus and Robin assuming you win the bat roullete.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Donkringel posted:

Haley here's a coconut.

This made me laugh like an idiot out loud.
I only ever married her once. She's not a terrible character at all and learns some humility, but her initial reactions are so negative that she's usually never above a couple of random hearts in most of my playthoughs.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

This made me laugh like an idiot out loud.
I only ever married her once. She's not a terrible character at all and learns some humility, but her initial reactions are so negative that she's usually never above a couple of random hearts in most of my playthoughs.

I make her dancing with her at the first flower dance my goal and it sort of snowballs from there. Plus she is much more pleasant with high hearts, so throwing forage at her is a long term investment IMO.

As a side note, does anyone know when the 64 bit version of the game will release from beta?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVp396Q0d8

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
after years and years i'm finally playing this seriously

i cannot decide who is best waifu, emily or penny. weird girl or sad girl????

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

after years and years i'm finally playing this seriously

i cannot decide who is best waifu, emily or penny. weird girl or sad girl????

leah, best girl

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
oh i forgot about Leah yeah

can i have 3 girlfriends????

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

It’s Leah. The prettiest one, the most mature one and you give her poo poo you find on the ground

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It’s Leah. The prettiest one, the most mature one and you give her poo poo you find on the ground

but Emily has weird lucid dreams about me and she doesn't get mad when i give her rocks from the cave

i can't believe i used to think the characters in this game were superficial

i can't believe i've owned this game for 6 years and never actually played it despite having grown up on Harvest Moon

on the other hand, the fact that i waited so long means i get to play with the ridiculous amount of stuff that's been added in

any tips for non-obvious stuff? i'm just taking it easy. i just bought a Coop!

is there any way to catch the rabbits and frogs and stuff?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Simone Magus posted:

You can have SIX girlfriends. they might get mad about it though

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

You can have six. And six boyfriends. But only one spouse/roommate.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
heck yeah

i'm gonna date Sam too, he's tubular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I've played through this on the pc, bought it on PS4 for couch play. Bought it for Switch for portability. Played some through Google's play pass...

So what I'm asking is, Gamepass when?