Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the halloween timeline chart is extremely funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora posted:

the halloween timeline chart is extremely funny to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZoqZxgw7HU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm actually mildly interested as to why this french film is supposedly a prequel to one of the zombi 4s, other than both being set in new guinea. it's not obvious from wikipedia at least

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wifetime is doing Under The Christmas Tree, which is a Christmas movie with two women.

I'd like to think it exists because of this.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXZbfLzJUg

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
unfornately i can't back the kickstarter myself because im a femme and it would be cultural appropriation

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Snooze Cruise posted:

unfornately i can't back the kickstarter myself because im a femme and it would be cultural appropriation

Boost butch voices

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

I Am Fowl posted:

Boost butch voices

:emptyquote:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

RIP.

I mean, I get it, I really do. But for those of us who don't live in the US and don't have the series available in their native language, it stings a bit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish Wandering Son got fully translated

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
do you mean officially because there's a full scanlation out there

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mikl posted:

RIP.

I mean, I get it, I really do. But for those of us who don't live in the US and don't have the series available in their native language, it stings a bit.

gently caress. I guess I'm gonna have to go legit.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Mikl posted:

RIP.

F

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

lih posted:

do you mean officially because there's a full scanlation out there

Yeah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thinking about lady in mystery again... everyone please get lady in mystery during the next big steam sale i'll love ya

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

there is now a physical book tier for this

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Snooze Cruise posted:

there is now a physical book tier for this

:eyepop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's exceptionally tempting

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh No

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hell yes the new scream trailer is out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora posted:

hell yes the new scream trailer is out

generic looking trailer, but that doesn't mean it will be bad
imo the smart home stuff is a good update for the first kill

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The manga: "Alright, let's just tread carefully around this thing, subtly dropping hints without revealing too much."

The main character: "You're trans, aren't you?"

(Source is The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This.)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It astounds me the author is, as far as I know, a cis guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cis people are capable of knowing what trans issues are op

also i dont think the manga is saying they should tread carefully if they have characters openly acknowledge it

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I've been really enjoying Liar Satsuki Can See Death lately. It's about a girl who can see corpses 24 hours before they actually appear, and uses this power to solve their death in advance and stop them.

I bring it up in here because Satsuki is extremely gay. It is not a main focus of the manga, but its very there and a big motivator for some of the things she does. And I really enjoy just having a casually lesbian protagonist who gets super blushy around her friends when they're nice to her, while also just being a good mystery thriller story alongside that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

also i dont think the manga is saying they should tread carefully if they have characters openly acknowledge it

I meant that the story has been tip-toeing around the whole thing, dropping hints, being subtle... Up until Sakuma just straight-up popped the question.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Endorph posted:

cis people are capable of knowing what trans issues are op

Yes, but it's surprising when it's a cis guy doing doing so well with a wlw relationship

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

cis men can have empathy? why that's illegal!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
:jackoff: I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hardly what you'd expect given the gender roles and expectations in Japan and the world at large

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Dig up!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gnome7 posted:

I've been really enjoying Liar Satsuki Can See Death lately. It's about a girl who can see corpses 24 hours before they actually appear, and uses this power to solve their death in advance and stop them.

I bring it up in here because Satsuki is extremely gay. It is not a main focus of the manga, but its very there and a big motivator for some of the things she does. And I really enjoy just having a casually lesbian protagonist who gets super blushy around her friends when they're nice to her, while also just being a good mystery thriller story alongside that.

I loved that episode of the x files where scully had the same power, will definitely check this out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah its basically lesbian final destination
note the tone can be a bit edgy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mikl posted:

I meant that the story has been tip-toeing around the whole thing, dropping hints, being subtle... Up until Sakuma just straight-up popped the question.

I mean, all her previous appearances were clearly leading up to this. It was bound to happen soon.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

:jackoff: I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hardly what you'd expect given the gender roles and expectations in Japan and the world at large
i was thinking of it more as a little bit of evidence towards those exact expectations beginning to change, although i definitely could've been less of a jackass about saying it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Mikl posted:

The manga: "Alright, let's just tread carefully around this thing, subtly dropping hints without revealing too much."

The main character: "You're trans, aren't you?"

(Source is The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This.)

This is a good manga, thank you for posting it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imo its fine to be surprise like this when stuff goes past your expectations and i totally get the feeling but i do think like when something positive like that happens to then put it around a negative frame isn't the best

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
negative framing?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

negative framing?

the emphasis is being put more on how the norms are typically lovely instead of the positive thing of hey someone exceeded our expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ahh, thats a thing? I guess I'm just more of a natural pessimist so I can be pleasantly surprised lol