Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
palying sonic adventure 2 battle cuz thats the only iso i had lying around. that and star fox assault but gently caress that game. anyway the progressive mode still looks pretty drat good upscaled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Star Fox Assault is frustratingly lame in every way. I don't understand how they managed to make a game that feels like drinking a flat soda.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

palying sonic adventure 2 battle cuz thats the only iso i had lying around. that and star fox assault but gently caress that game. anyway the progressive mode still looks pretty drat good upscaled

imo thats the best sonic game even including the 2D ones

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked it as a kid but in retrospect 2/3 of the levels were bad because you don't play as Sonic or Shadow. Chao garden though...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Roth posted:

Star Fox Assault is frustratingly lame in every way. I don't understand how they managed to make a game that feels like drinking a flat soda.

It's still the second best star fox game

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Roth posted:

it has a really good soundtrack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

It's still the second best star fox game

That's Star Fox (1993).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
every starfox game is terrible except 64

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

this sadly

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

having the absolute week from hell that has kept me from playing metroid dread (i only play the switch on TV for a lot of reasons), and i don't have the patience for filling the bestiary in DQ4 atm, so i'm taking a breather with my lifetime quest to beat every north american NES game by release order. when i left off early in the pandemic i had beaten Ice Climber, Super Mario Bros, Excitebike (such as you can "beat" it, i completed all the courses), and was in the middle of Wrecking Crew. this one will take me awhile, i think. i'm on phase 27. i think i had gotten a little farther but parsing save files from over a year ago, so i'm just going to work from there. it's a cool concept for a game, though, and i like how they slowly introduce harder and harder stuff as you go. hell, call me crazy, but i think it might be time for a sequel.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

having the absolute week from hell that has kept me from playing metroid dread (i only play the switch on TV for a lot of reasons), and i don't have the patience for filling the bestiary in DQ4 atm, so i'm taking a breather with my lifetime quest to beat every north american NES game by release order. when i left off early in the pandemic i had beaten Ice Climber, Super Mario Bros, Excitebike (such as you can "beat" it, i completed all the courses), and was in the middle of Wrecking Crew. this one will take me awhile, i think. i'm on phase 27. i think i had gotten a little farther but parsing save files from over a year ago, so i'm just going to work from there. it's a cool concept for a game, though, and i like how they slowly introduce harder and harder stuff as you go. hell, call me crazy, but i think it might be time for a sequel.

ganbatte

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
wow and miss out on the best the system has to offer like super monkey daibouken and atlantis no nazo????

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

they made a sequel op. Its called Wrecking Crew '98, for your Super Famicom

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wrecking Crew is also a 2000 film by Ice-T and Snoop Dogg which I unfortunately can't recommend. Thanks for reading.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wrecking Crew is also a 2000 film by Ice-T and Snoop Dogg which I unfortunately can't recommend. Thanks for reading.

It's also a famous group of session musicians who played on hundreds of top 40 hits in the 60s and 70s

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it was my pleasure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

they made a sequel op. Its called Wrecking Crew '98, for your Super Famicom

oh good. time for another one though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Heckin' Crew

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im really glad f-zero gx has customizable buttons and even stick calibration. feels just right with a wii u pro controller

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the widescreen 480p doesnt look half bad either

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sadly this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Fox 1 is good even if it runs at 4 fps (still more than Bloodborne including the upcoming Bluepoint remake)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it doesnt seem like itd be that hard to do a new star fox, i cant believe they can't get it right after all these years. just do arwing sections and maybe a couple landmaster levels, make the movement feel good, design strong levels. no other gimmicks, just do that and put some score attack stuff in

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They don't feel the need to make another "vanilla" Star Fox because they already did that, it was Star Fox 64, which you can already play. That's how Nintendo do. They rarely make a sequel that's just more of the same. Sometimes it is frustrating because more of the same is what you want, though.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked it as a kid but in retrospect 2/3 of the levels were bad because you don't play as Sonic or Shadow. Chao garden though...

drat Chao garden... Forgot about that one. Chao garden ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like Zero deserves another shot with normal controls this time

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it deserves another shot with a bazooka

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Food Boner posted:

drat Chao garden... Forgot about that one. Chao garden ftw

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My brothers made me cry by releasing my Chao 😭

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the controls weren't the problem

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked talking to all the NPCs in Sonic Adventure throughout the game. Every single one would have different things to say throughout the story. I also liked fishing for the frog. They should put it on the switch.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I had an Angel Chao and it disappeared from the Garden one day. I was a really sad 12 year old when that happened.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I had an Angel Chao and it disappeared from the Garden one day. I was a really sad 12 year old when that happened.

this happened to me a lot over time with all my high level chao so i imagined that when they got old enough they left to live on their own.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

the controls weren't the problem

they were also the problem

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thinking about raising some chao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i still enjoy the original but it only runs at 10 FPS and is barely playable if you didnt grow up with it lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

They don't feel the need to make another "vanilla" Star Fox because they already did that, it was Star Fox 64, which you can already play. That's how Nintendo do. They rarely make a sequel that's just more of the same. Sometimes it is frustrating because more of the same is what you want, though.

they made 50000 "new super mario bros" games, they could make a few levels for one drat star fox

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

they made 50000 "new super mario bros" games, they could make a few levels for one drat star fox

Those games were New though. Mario got extremely tiny. Basically a differetn genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

perhaps... mario can pilot a fighter jet and shoot down enemies and bomb some battleships