Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Brevity is the soul if wit.

Long posts the soul of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Longcat was long.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

You're not mocking his masculinity complex though, you're specifically just mocking his height. Which makes being short seem like the joke.

And yes, I know, you're picking on "the thing that'll really upset him the most" or whatever. But he's not seeing your forum posts. If you're directly responding to his dumb tweets with short photoshops, fine. But posting short joke memes on random websites is just posting short jokes.

And you can debate over whether that's ok or not to do, but people just need to own up to making short jokes instead of trying to veil it behind some elaborate take down of toxic masculinity.

Exactly. If you make a joke about [uncontrollable trait] at a lovely person, it's very difficult for your non-lovely friends/bystanders to think "huh, so that's what you think of me."

I absolutely get wanting to hone in on someone's weak spots, because I have a mean streak, and it's especially tempting when those weak spots are very obviously the antithesis of what someone is trying to project as their identity. But harming the self-image of people I care about or simply just don't deserve it isn't worth it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Bold of you to assume anybody making those jokes know people with those traits that they care about.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
As a short person i refuse to stop making fun of people for being as short as me

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't even speak to anyone under average height (180 cm)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Data Graham posted:

Man, dot matrix skywriting is some bullshit

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Who's the tall guy with Ben Shapiro?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I caught up after longpost had played out, but it's since given me some interesting ideas beyond :dong:. Perhaps there needs to be a longpost thread (and I'm undecided if wideposts should be posted rotated or not), but most of my ideas are probably not stupid enough.

It's beyond my skill, but I'd really like to see a DeviantArteque, Carravaggio-styled longpost version of goon in a well. I'm thinking Dante's levels of hell filled with all the characters from Qliphoth.

And could you imagine if we dedicated a five mile stretch of flat concrete highway called The Longpost Project and said, "Okay we cloned you just for this, show us what you've got Michaelangelo".

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

thepopmonster posted:

Jake Roberts?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thepopmonster posted:

I think that is Gene Hackman

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's clearly Rip Torn

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't even speak to anyone under average height (180 cm)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Wow Gene Hackman is still alive...guess superman loses.

e,c:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

thepopmonster posted:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I do find it humorous that a derail of long meme posts is immediately followed with a derail on memes mocking short people.

Have a meme, as a treat:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/19fDIfI.mp4

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
When you're six and a half feet tall all jokes are short jokes. Get on my level, personlets

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I think they stopped wideposting from breaking tables a while ago.

edit: lame

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
One corner of the goon political square: everything is punching down, except actual punching down, which is fine

Memento posted:

I got a good chuckle out of picturing this in my mind

Ditto, though

Phy has a new favorite as of 14:47 on Oct 14, 2021

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I respect the attempt.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Owned by simple html.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Who What Now posted:

When you're six and a half feet tall all jokes are short jokes. Get on my level, personlets

Whats the weather like up there? boom gottem

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the fuckin hubris!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
My friend is very tall and i like to say "you must be very good at basketball, heh" and he's like "haha, you'd think so because I'm so tall." And that's how i live in peace with the Jotun

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I leave offerings of slain livestock to my local Titan in order to gain his favour. He keeps calling the police to find out who is doing it, but I believe it's a trial to see if I am humble enough to forego credit

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Bismuth posted:

As a short person i refuse to stop making fun of people for being as short as me
I'm a sexy lil hobbit so yeah, if I'm making fun of your height it 100% in jest altho every now and again I'm like "I never minded being short so wh... oh yeah, right"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpiSF6nOnU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

"Making fun of someone's height is mean. In this essay I will... :words:"

I wish your posts were as short as you.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

I do find it humorous that a derail of long meme posts is immediately followed with a derail on memes mocking short people.

Have a meme, as a treat:

There were a huge number of people retweeting the top image and making "hurr redshirts amirite" comments, not realising that the uniform colours are photoshopped and the top image alone is :thejoke:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I tried not making fun of people for a while and man let me tell you that was not. my. poo poo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Short jokes are boring cause they're the same punchline every time.

Yes, I'm a 5'6" man.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

ILL Machina posted:

Famously short, like Space Jam 1.

Good podcast.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Short jokes are boring cause they're the same punchline every time.

Yes, I'm a 5'6" man.

I imagine the line would be slightly different depending on the exact height.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qbum9jfHVP1sy9con.mp4

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Karate Bastard posted:

I tried not making fun of people for a while and man let me tell you that was not. my. poo poo.

Pictured: Me trying to be nice