Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m so glad John Lewis bailed on La Barbecue to come to Charleston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
New exonerated coach dropped?

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1448724444701155332

I mean he was screwed over at every step of the way so I'm happy for him...just I don't know who's looking to pounce on this opportunity.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So did Kansas invent fake violations to get Beatty fired?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So did Kansas invent fake violations to get Beatty fired?

Yeah pretty much. I mean they (KU) dug through everything looking for the pettiest stuff they could find so they could fire him for cause, it was pretty lovely.

I think his NCAA crime was having unpaid assistants in the wrong place at the wrong time or something, it was always crap. One of those times I'd feel better about it if the NCAA was doing it just because they suck and we all know it, this was KU doing it because they were cheap.

This was a Jeff Long special too, if you need more reason to dislike that guy.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

At least Long was fired along with Miles. Good riddance to both of them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah I don't know if fake is the right word they were just incredibly minor and only came to the NCAA's attention because KU was desperately searching for a excuse to not pay him his buyout

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Does this mean he could challenge his for cause dismissal?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

New exonerated coach dropped?

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1448724444701155332

I mean he was screwed over at every step of the way so I'm happy for him...just I don't know who's looking to pounce on this opportunity.

Not as a head coach, but he’s a good Texas recruiter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Does this mean he could challenge his for cause dismissal?

He already did and they settled for like 90% of the buyout.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/OrangeBowl/status/1448665146209996800?s=20

Man, I really hope DJ effectively turns into Tajh.0... When he was on, he was fuckin ON. Dude would just seemingly get into his own head too much.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Wait, the OU coach reportedly didn't let the backup OU quarterback talk to the press after the game. You know, the biggest game of his life so far. Totally hosed up.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Sickening posted:

Wait, the OU coach reportedly didn't let the backup OU quarterback talk to the press after the game. You know, the biggest game of his life so far. Totally hosed up.

He doesn't let any true freshman talk to media. It's still hosed up but it isn't a special case.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah that’s a fairly common policy

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
gotta pass coach speak 101 before you get to talk to the press.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Thanks for the recs, another friend said to hit up Arandita’s for Mex and I trust him.

Me/my Aussie Rules teammates thank you.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

He doesn't let any true freshman talk to media. It's still hosed up but it isn't a special case.

Kirby is the same way, lots of coaches seems to not let freshmen talk to press.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kirk used to let them and then a freshman lineman did a like five minute soliloquy about how much he hated Iowa State one year in the lead in up to the game and now they're not allowed to anymore

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol this JD kid needs to be right behind the bench this weekend in a Williams jersey

He had a scholly to Michigan but had to medically retire before ever even practicing there and is a student assistant the last I heard. What I’m saying is UM/OU fiesta bowl please.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I liked it when Kirby finally let JT talk to the media after the Miss. State game last season and he basically said "I could've been playing all along, and I don't know why we haven't been throwing the ball more."

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I liked it when Kirby finally let JT talk to the media after the Miss. State game last season and he basically said "I could've been playing all along, and I don't know why we haven't been throwing the ball more."

Also “why recruit all these big time receivers if we aren’t going to unleash the dragon”

Meanwhile JT and Stet have had no issues taking the deep bomb when it’s there and we’ve been way more successful with it. I don’t know who is ultimately better but Stetson is much improved and I’m glad we have him as long as JT is injured.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't know if anybody's been watching this year, but Thinking Out Loud on SECN is pretty great this year now that they've pared it down to just Spencer Hall and Richard Johnson and no moderator. Checked it out last year because of their involvement and it didn't do much for me, but it's really come into its own this year. It's about as close to TFF: The Show as you could get.

(This isn't astroturfing, I promise)

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

No one posting about how lovely Clemson is to be 7-7 with Syracuse at halftime, almost?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Clemson is playing on a Friday night? What are they, a Big 12 team?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

TipTow posted:

Clemson is playing on a Friday night? What are they, a Big 12 team?

Just an ACC bottom feeder

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Komet posted:

No one posting about how lovely Clemson is to be 7-7 with Syracuse at halftime, almost?

Don't worry, I'm fully enjoying seeing a 3-2 Clemson just pulling ahead of Syracuse right before the first half ends.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Komet posted:

I was waiting till half to day anything. Damned Clemson back up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Is Clemson's O-line full of freshmen? What is Tony Elliott doing with all of those 5* recruits?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

forgot we had a game tonight

i wish i didn't remember

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest is the best team in the ACC

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wake Forest is the best team in the ACC

Truth

Edit: oh man that clemson linebacker yelling at just all the coaches lol

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 16, 2021

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He was so obviously gonna miss that lmao

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

if we are good at one thing its cursing kickers

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He was so obviously gonna miss that lmao

Laces out!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lamentable dustman posted:

if we are good at one thing its cursing kickers

Szmyt has been hot garbage all season

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

that's easily the worst football game I've watched all season

the clock management on that last drive alone is a fireable offense for Dino

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

that's easily the worst football game I've watched all season

the clock management on that last drive alone is a fireable offense for Dino

Rapid fire timeouts! Run into the teeth of the D on 3rd and 2!

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

LLCoolJD posted:

Is Clemson's O-line full of freshmen? What is Tony Elliott doing with all of those 5* recruits?

That’s the thing—all their high end OL are young. They literally didn’t get high end OL prospects until like 2 years ago. Their best OL of the last 3 years is like the 8th best Bengals lineman right now.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Is this the right thread to complain about Oregon not leaving Cal behind and letting them convert a huge 3rd down?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This SDSU game is hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cal's gonna beat oregon lol