Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Normal Food for a Normal Human Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

This podcast is great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nick Wiger must be stopped

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

so was the entire "Bad Moon Rising" riff premised on a mistaken belief that the song is by Three Dog Night rather than Credence Clearwater Revival as it actually is

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

so was the entire "Bad Moon Rising" riff premised on a mistaken belief that the song is by Three Dog Night rather than Credence Clearwater Revival as it actually is

I think so yea.

Easily one of the best eps.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah it was totally maddening. Great episode.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

JethroMcB posted:

One hundred percent.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wrex Ruckus posted:

One hundred percent.

The drops are gonna roast him to a crisp and I am here for it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah it was totally maddening. Great episode.
I've never had a "yell the answer at the podcast" moment harder than that. Mitch starts it off kinda half-singing and I thought I caught that melody but, of course, that wouldn't make any sense...

but yes great episode

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a hard time figuring out if "eats dry buns" or "gets one spoonful of creamed corn in a takeout container" is the most insane thing we've learned about Wiger.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Quebec Bagnet posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out if "eats dry buns" or "gets one spoonful of creamed corn in a takeout container" is the most insane thing we've learned about Wiger.
I think the latter is more insane. First he did for the pod. When susser was reading rules I was wondering if veggie burgers would be allowed if no veggie dog. Obviously not, the podcast exists to make wiger/Mitch suffer.

The single spoonful is wild cuz he is acting like he wants to save it to prevent food waste. But he is being more wasteful to take it to go because the waste of the take out container for a tiny amount.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fritzler posted:

I think the latter is more insane. First he did for the pod. When susser was reading rules I was wondering if veggie burgers would be allowed if no veggie dog. Obviously not, the podcast exists to make wiger/Mitch suffer.

The single spoonful is wild cuz he is acting like he wants to save it to prevent food waste. But he is being more wasteful to take it to go because the waste of the take out container for a tiny amount.

yea dry bun is insane but we all get the bit, it's funny.

the scoop of corn was 100% unironic weird guy poo poo.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Throwing the hut dug in a bag for his lovely wife is kinda weird. The premeditation mostly

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like his mild surprise the app doesn’t let you order a hot dog and remove everything but the bun

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Wiger needed that scoop of cream corn to put in the dry bun.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is "plussed-up" the new "varietal"?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I love a commitment to a bit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Wiger bringing home loose hot dogs to Natalie and eating an empty hot dog bun is truly, like, not to minimize it, but that’s crazy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, genuinely bizarre behaviour.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
the Let Me Be Frank medleys are so hilarious

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

crimedog posted:

Yeah they’re spectacular

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

crimedog posted:

it's the best new segment in a long time. not that there have even been any bad new segments because the "bad" ones are good fun in their own ways.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
let me be frank is easily the best podcast bit period

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Excalibur sounds like a really cool guy, I'd like to be his friend.

I've been meaning to check out AEW, too.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Consummate Professional posted:

Excalibur sounds like a really cool guy, I'd like to be his friend.

I've been meaning to check out AEW, too.

Don’t miss Bryan danielson vs Suzuki free on YouTube tonight.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Blank Check series on John Carpenter has been a dream come true, but especially now that Nick and Mitch are guesting for They Live.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

maybe they'll make that podcast tolerable the way hayes and sean did with the don jon episode

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

maybe they'll make that podcast tolerable the way hayes and sean did with the don jon episode

Their previous guest appearance for who framed roger rabbit was good

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Glad to hear Wiger come out in favour of a unified Ireland shortly before calling for the return of small nation states.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Piquai Souban posted:

The Blank Check series on John Carpenter has been a dream come true, but especially now that Nick and Mitch are guesting for They Live.

I liked it. Like every Blank Check episode, it's about six hours long and wanders off-topic a thousand times, but it was four smart, funny people with a clear rapport and affection for the subject matter talking about one of the best movies ever.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hut dog.

Edit: To contribute something: I like Griffin Newman, but yeah Blank Check is too unfocused for me to listen to. Every one in a while I go in if it's a movie/guest I like. Kinda the same for Podcast: The Ride.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I love Blank Check enough to where I’ll probably go behind their paywall sooner than later.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I like Blank Check a lot but that podcast could just be The Box Office Game segment and I would listen to it. I'm very much on their wavelength when it comes to movie trivia on both the artistic and commercial sides of the industry.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Blank Check is basically my favorite podcast and we have a thread if anyone's interested.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mitch is pretty insightful about movies when he’s not losing his mind about stars wars

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

Hut dog.

Edit: To contribute something: I like Griffin Newman, but yeah Blank Check is too unfocused for me to listen to. Every one in a while I go in if it's a movie/guest I like. Kinda the same for Podcast: The Ride.

Yeah it’s ok when Nick & Mitch are there but I tried to listen to some without them and not bad but not must listen. Kinda like trying to listen to Action Boyz when the Doughboys aren’t there, not a mess but really just another movie podcast.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah it’s ok when Nick & Mitch are there but I tried to listen to some without them and not bad but not must listen. Kinda like trying to listen to Action Boyz when the Doughboys aren’t there, not a mess but really just another movie podcast.

You had me then you lost me. Action Boyz are always entertaining to me.

Blank Check I listen to only when I like the movie. They did Miyazaki’s films and I had a blast listening to Ponyo, princess mononoke, spirited away etc, but they rated Howls Moving Castle at the bottom of their respective lists and i can’t bring myself to listen to that episode. I listened out of order so I heard their rankings first before I listened to the actual episodes, probably shouldn’t have done that because they say that every movie on that list is very very good, but still! It’s stupid I know, but still not ready to listen. What if they think Howl is balls?

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Drunkboxer posted:

Mitch is pretty insightful about movies when he’s not losing his mind about stars wars

Mitch gets so hesitant when discussing movies. He's always like "I don't know I think Gangs of New York is isn't that bad......." and then he pauses to see how the take lands. And if someone says they like it he commits to the "Yeah it's actually really gud." It's a sweet level of critical anxiety for a guy who will yell at Wiger relentlessly for not eating pizza the right way or something. Also Blank Check is good and I like it and it's not just because I like super long podcast episodes but that doesn't hurt.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

You had me then you lost me. Action Boyz are always entertaining to me.

Blank Check I listen to only when I like the movie. They did Miyazaki’s films and I had a blast listening to Ponyo, princess mononoke, spirited away etc, but they rated Howls Moving Castle at the bottom of their respective lists and i can’t bring myself to listen to that episode. I listened out of order so I heard their rankings first before I listened to the actual episodes, probably shouldn’t have done that because they say that every movie on that list is very very good, but still! It’s stupid I know, but still not ready to listen. What if they think Howl is balls?
They don't think Howl is balls, they just (correctly) think the rest of the movies are masterpieces and Howl is the only one that doesn't 100% work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah the Miyazaki series is by far the most positive I’ve heard them be. The only episode that might disappoint you in there is Totoro but not because they dislike like it at all. The guest just kinda takes them on a wild ride of off topic stuff.