Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Beirut getting real spicy. A protest against the judge investigating last year's blast turned violent after being fired on.

https://twitter.com/KyleJGlen/status/1448572743771955202
https://twitter.com/KyleJGlen/status/1448585058428805122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lmfao this will surely end the strike

https://twitter.com/JonahFurman/status/1448483622940446722

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

As someone who works in manufacturing

LMFAO, they are gonna have some truly magnificent QA issues. Might only kill a few management scabs though.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Kellogg needs to hurry the gently caress up and cave to the strikers so I can buy some more goddamn frosted flakes. They're not getting a loving cent from me until they do.

It's good to see strike culture coming back again. In a labor shortage, it should be.

https://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/news/2021/10/12/kelloggs-strike-continues-second-week/6090946001/

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 14, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

As someone who works in manufacturing

LMFAO, they are gonna have some truly magnificent QA issues. Might only kill a few management scabs though.

The machinery will not survive being operated by engineers long enough to run bad parts, and you know this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What are people protesting about the investigation of that explosion?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Hizballah and Amal (the other, less powerful Shia' party in Lebanon) don't like the judge presiding over the investigation of the Beirut port blast last year. So they were protesting, then someone opened fire on the Hizballah protest, which is a major rarity in Lebanon. All of the country's armed groups and factions generally don't stir up poo poo in Beirut, least of all on Hizballah's home turf in Southern Beirut. It's a big escalation and one that couldn't come at a worse time given their economic difficulties and their absolutely moribund political system.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CainFortea posted:

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1448610140236754949

quote:

The violence erupted amid soaring tensions over the probe into the devastating explosion at Beirut’s port on August 4, 2020. The protesters gathered in the Lebanese capital two days after Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah’s most scathing criticism of Bitar to date. Nasrallah accused the judge of “politically targeting” officials in his investigation.

Bitar has for months tried to question ex-ministers Ali Hasan Khalil, Ghazi Zeiter, Nouhad Machnouk, Youssef Finianos, as well as former Prime Minister Hasan Diab. Khalil and Zeiter belong to the Amal Movement, a Shia party led by Speaker Nabih Berri and closely allied to Hezbollah.

quote:

President Michel Aoun and Prime Minister Mikati continue to publicly back Judge Bitar. Mikati said Lebanon cannot bear the removal of a second judge from the blast probe.

However, ministers belonging to Hezbollah, Amal, and some allies have reportedly pressured the cabinet to take a formal position against Bitar.

https://twitter.com/Bissan_Fakih/status/1448358848486641666

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, I hadn't even known about the protests or investigation before.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Poor Lebanese, seems unlikely that they have the kind of problems that can be solved by having gun battles in the street, but it doesn't seem like anything else was being done to solve them either.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Yup. Haven’t heard any more details yet. I’m expecting it to be somebody intentionally targeting a government employee, but we’ll see

I was gonna say I'm 50/50 on some nut from Weld County or it being personal. It was the latter. They've arrested his ex girlfriend.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

fknlo posted:

I was gonna say I'm 50/50 on some nut from Weld County or it being personal. It was the latter. They've arrested his ex girlfriend.

Was she his fletcher? Boyer? Weaponsmith?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

yes. that's exactly what i am going to do. don't ever gently caress with filipinos

I was once in a nice businessey hotel in Manila that had a nice businessey bar in it and the elevator had a nice businessey poster advertising their happy hour special. You could go up and sit and listen to the piano music and enjoy their recommendation: a bucket of ice with a six-pack of Colt 45 and a plate of vienna sausages.

Filipinos do not gently caress around.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notahippie posted:

I was once in a nice businessey hotel in Manila that had a nice businessey bar in it and the elevator had a nice businessey poster advertising their happy hour special. You could go up and sit and listen to the piano music and enjoy their recommendation: a bucket of ice with a six-pack of Colt 45 and a plate of vienna sausages.

Filipinos do not gently caress around.

I feel like someone once was working on a ship and said a Filipino crew member had to briefly take off time to handle his sister being kidnapped. He got her back iirc.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I feel like someone once was working on a ship and said a Filipino crew member had to briefly take off time to handle his sister being kidnapped. He got her back iirc.

That’s a whole goddamn movie

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Naramyth posted:

That’s a whole goddamn movie

I went to go find the title Taken was released under in the philippines to make a word play joke. But it was boringly released as "Taken"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

One of my favorite scandi movies "Kraftidioten" which I think more or less is a difficult to translate word that refers to a person who embodies the concept that "idiots are too clever to stop from being idiots" had the most boring title translation to "In order of disappearance."

I fell like without the knowing the original title the really dry dark humor of the movie doesn't work as well.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

yes. that's exactly what i am going to do. don't ever gently caress with filipinos

I was more scared of saying no than saying yes

Edit: and 98% of the time when a Filipino says 'eat this' you absolutely should.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

One of my favorite scandi movies "Kraftidioten" which I think more or less is a difficult to translate word that refers to a person who embodies the concept that "idiots are too clever to stop from being idiots" had the most boring title translation to "In order of disappearance."

I fell like without the knowing the original title the really dry dark humor of the movie doesn't work as well.

the better fool

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

piL posted:

I was more scared of saying no than saying yes

Edit: and 98% of the time when a Filipino says 'eat this' you absolutely should.

What about the other 2% of the time? :ohdear:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RFC2324 posted:

Balut

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

It’s WAP, op.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Finally sat down to watch this clip and it's as good as you'll ever see out of American media:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1448605991826857984?t=ajB6OWzAnA7Fsoj20V46jA&s=19

Probably was a mistake that it got through a lot of pro-corporate filters, I don't usually see this pro-labor framing from most media.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CainFortea posted:

I went to go find the title Taken was released under in the philippines to make a word play joke. But it was boringly released as "Taken"

You'd think it'd be entitled "A Totally Typical Tuesday" or something.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That was me, and it was his brother.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Another sidebar, it's entirely possible that Q himself is going to be running against Dumbest Dentist and/or Person Ever Rep. Paul Gosar for AZ01 next year. Watkins has been showing up all over Arizona endorsing people.

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1448697892961591300?t=etMAROp8VxWhpcVAqYA37Q&s=19

That primary is going to set a new level of insanity unless Watkins just hosed up or something (very possible).

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Wait they now know who the Q guy is??

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

Wait they now know who the Q guy is??

Basically. Not the OG one though, that's still a mystery.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pizzagate 100% was created to discredit the very real facts around Jeffrey Epstein and anyone who believes otherwise is the biggest rube in the world

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Another sidebar, it's entirely possible that Q himself is going to be running against Dumbest Dentist and/or Person Ever Rep. Paul Gosar for AZ01 next year. Watkins has been showing up all over Arizona endorsing people.

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1448697892961591300?t=etMAROp8VxWhpcVAqYA37Q&s=19

That primary is going to set a new level of insanity unless Watkins just hosed up or something (very possible).

For a second I thought you meant John de Lancie and I'm not sure if this is any less confusing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

hobbesmaster posted:

For a second I thought you meant John de Lancie and I'm not sure if this is any less confusing.

Me too :smith:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

RFC2324 posted:

Don't eat the banana.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

Don't eat the banana.

It’s been shoved in fillipina WAP, op.

I said it was WAP, it was WAP. Trust me, op.

Trust me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s been shoved in fillipina WAP, op.

I said it was WAP, it was WAP. Trust me, op.

Trust me.

I remember that thread.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looking like half-dose Moderna boosters are going to be a go next week.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1448729521503473669?t=rbzRKdOYIHCFNUvSA1Qpmg&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Texas Tired: Did 6 million really die?

Texas Wired: Did anyone really die? Is the Holocaust just liberal propaganda? Tonight, on Tucker

https://twitter.com/ahylton26/status/1448729683332374531?t=TxJUnMptAyuncFDZryaolw&s=19

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I just got my third Pfizer on Monday. It wiped me out (like the second one). I just felt sore and exhausted. My wife had a really swollen lymph node on the injection underarm as well. It may have been heavy drinking that exacerbated it though. The day after is the worst!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Am I wrong here, or does labor (due to the pandemic labor shortage) generally have the best position they've had since like thr 70s?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

I just got my third Pfizer on Monday. It wiped me out (like the second one). I just felt sore and exhausted. My wife had a really swollen lymph node on the injection underarm as well. It may have been heavy drinking that exacerbated it though. The day after is the worst!

Sounds like another case of Havanah Syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
stop saying labor shortage. its a loving pay shortage. as evidenced by the strikes and people quitting.