Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Antigravitas posted:

Also lots of spaceships, but from a comic that is so stupid I love it
Oh wow, did this run in Heavy Metal? And they accidentally killed all the aliens with chewing gum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Antigravitas posted:

Hell yeah to both.

I really like Roger Leloup's designs though. They are extremely French; very TGV.

And half his comics are set in places he just nerds out over. Bruges is rendered in painstaking detail, or Wuppertal:

Dude loves his machines and infrastructure whether on earth or in space.

Love the blue X-19

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I picked up Edena at a friend's house and wound up reading the whole thing in one go, sitting on the edge of the lounge. The guy's line is just perfect.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

FFT posted:

Oh wow, did this run in Heavy Metal? And they accidentally killed all the aliens with chewing gum?

I don't know if it ran there, but the chewing gum thing is just propaganda. The genocide happening is merely implied.

:allears:

Also,

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Speaking of The Incal, who could forget the DARK and EDGY and GRITTY recolouring done by dark horse comics for modern audiences who like things DARK and EDGY and GRITTY? Also MORALLY GREY

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #181: Passion, lies and fungus XII

I didn't consider this on my first read, but Jyrme could just change into Harriet and leave. Yeah it would cause a problem later, but it gets him out of the room.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Tree Bucket posted:

Speaking of The Incal, who could forget the DARK and EDGY and GRITTY recolouring done by dark horse comics for modern audiences who like things DARK and EDGY and GRITTY? Also MORALLY GREY

This is every videogame remaster. Completely throw out the original design and intent while adding as many obnoxious visual effects as possible.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Koburn posted:

I didn't consider this on my first read, but Jyrme could just change into Harriet and leave. Yeah it would cause a problem later, but it gets him out of the room.

If Jymre were smart he would do a lot of things differently.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

Lol, that's going to drive her insane. We've never even watched She-Ra.

oh ouch

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
And Boba i know you play FFXIV, did she just copy your sexy catboi alt or something?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some plague rats posted:

So a confusing couple minutes on google reveals the characters are actually called catra and adora

In case you really don't know:

lmao

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Boba Pearl posted:

No I know, that's what makes it funny AND tragic.

e: Like heart wrenchingly tragic.

Pretend I never brought it up, burn all the evidence

Also watch it it's good

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

hazardousmouse posted:

And Boba i know you play FFXIV, did she just copy your sexy catboi alt or something?

P. Much just a random catboi, lmao.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Nothing is New, God is Dead, who cares lean into it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Alright, Digger time.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ah so they're gonna fight robots, ok

well now we know

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think he's going to gently caress that robot

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

basically these are the first pages where it becomes really apparent how dynamic the art can get; I'm a real sucker for dynamic art that somehow manages to feel loose yet dimensional at the same time

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Definitely zero loving in Cat Loaf.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Paladinus posted:

Definitely zero loving in Cat Loaf.

You can't know for sure how loaves love.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I think he's going to gently caress that robot

You can't spell gently caress without "FU"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Do they ever explain why metal Sonic isn't evil?

I had a bunch of Duck comics growing up, and somehow a sonic comic where he has to save Amy from metal sonic by traveling between dimensions or some poo poo was in amongst them. In retrospect it was clearly an advertisement for Sonic CD, but given that that comic is my only experience with non-game sonic media this is weirding me out.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

yes it will get explained, soon-ish even

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He got vored by Sonic so he's good now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I had a bunch of Duck comics growing up, and somehow a sonic comic where he has to save Amy from metal sonic by traveling between dimensions or some poo poo was in amongst them. In retrospect it was clearly an advertisement for Sonic CD, but given that that comic is my only experience with non-game sonic media this is weirding me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dcmLscf3g

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Boba Pearl posted:

No I know, that's what makes it funny AND tragic.

e: Like heart wrenchingly tragic.

It’s really not a big deal. Even if your partner did actually base the designs off Shera, all art is based off other art. If anything just have her post about having this revelation somewhere down the line and then about afterward watching the show, which you should do because it’s really good and wholesome

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Certainly one of my favourite Dread comics, though 'space spinach' is still my all-time favourite Tred :allears:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
starting to figure out what their deal is

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

You may notice some differences, I decided to say gently caress it and just do whatever I wanted.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh the cosmic ferret, of course

I demand a cosmic ferret spinoff where it does stereotypical ferret stuff and destroys worlds on accident.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Being honest, I am way more in for a Sonic fanfic that is just the characters fighting robots with p good art than I am for Amy and Metal talking through their feelings.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

At some point they captured Metal Sonic and force-fed him hot catsup ("the opposite of chili dogs") until his programming went haywire and he reverted to an infantile state. Then they simply had to put a diaper on him and "raise" him as a good robot until he passed all of the catsup.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

At some point they captured Metal Sonic and force-fed him hot catsup ("the opposite of chili dogs") until his programming went haywire and he reverted to an infantile state. Then they simply had to put a diaper on him and "raise" him as a good robot until he passed all of the catsup.

mind the walrus posted:

It says a lot about Sonic fandom's reputation that [...] I [am] willing to believe, without question, [this].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

You may notice some differences, I decided to say gently caress it and just do whatever I wanted.

I like it.