Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
i remember someone tweeting about how adam page should quit aew because they hired a guy who has the same first name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coconono posted:

they wanted Hangman to come to NXT for some unfathomable reason.

Because AEW buried him at Fight For the Fallen and he was clearly never going to make it in AEW

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fart Radio posted:

hey guess what THAT drat DIBIASE~! has been up to?

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1448682709103034369

getting caught up in the same audit that caught brett farve illegally getting charity money for needy families, that's what

I think this is from the reported charges in December. Ted Jr. was left holding the bag for the $4 million stolen from the state. It's the largest embezzlement case in the history of Mississippi. Which really isn't that surprising for Mississippi.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

coconono posted:

they wanted Hangman to come to NXT for some unfathomable reason.

its entirely rooted in the fact that the hanger is being setup as the next Main Guy for AEW, and if NXT stole him then ha ha AEW is in the mud!! and then they'd watch him job to tony nipples and forget about it and say he was never good to begin with

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Malcolm Excellent posted:

So he could lose to NXT champ / main roster weakling Karrion Krozz

it owns that they took away his cool stuff and gave him a dong hat and suspenders on the main roster lol

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lid posted:

One thing is that AEW fans tend to have WWE wrestlers they respect and always reach out for, usually ones they know would be better served in AEW. Three of the Four Horsewomen, all the Joshi, Chad Gable and Liv Morgan come to mind but its a very long list.

The opposite is not true, WWE fans see and want no one from AEW as they are the enemy. I'm not sure i've even seen them try and want like Thunder Rosa who has no downsides.

A lot of them seem to think MJF is WWE bound the second his contract is up. I’ve also seen the stan up for WWE crowd show interest in Jungle Boy, Hangman Page and Penelope Ford.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

A lot of them seem to think MJF is WWE bound the second his contract is up. I’ve also seen the stan up for WWE crowd show interest in Jungle Boy, Hangman Page and Penelope Ford.

Yeah ok sure Jungle Boy is fuckin itching to go to wwe after he sees what they did with Jake Atlas lmao

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I could see WWE pursuing Penelope Ford.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They already passed on her and she really likes doing indie dates. I don't think she'd sign with them even if they had interest still.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Yeah she's got a good thing going with AEW and is clearly enjoying herself, even if WWE did go after her I can't imagine her saying yes, at least right now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
any person that jumps to wwe from aew is going to get the wcw treatment except worse

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I've heard this too, but I have no idea what it's based on. Why do people think MJF wants to go to WWE?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

CombineThresher posted:

I've heard this too, but I have no idea what it's based on. Why do people think MJF wants to go to WWE?
Because he's just that committed a heel

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

CombineThresher posted:

They just really like MJF and want him, there’s no indication that MJF wants to go there. Also, he is 6’, under 30 and pretty much what WWE is now recruiting.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's got Brucie's number on speeddail.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

as Regal told Bryan Danielson he will tell anyone in AEW: only go sign with WWE when you think you're done wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CombineThresher posted:

Because he's just like the Miz and the Miz is suited to WWE :downs:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm honestly shocked WWE didn't go after Penelope Ford even before AEW was a thing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Endless Mike posted:

I'm honestly shocked WWE didn't go after Penelope Ford even before AEW was a thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did and then left her hanging like they did to Kris Stat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Love every two weeks when a wrestler admits he never heard kids talk Nintendo vs Sega, never hears adults talk Ford vs Chevy, never listens to commercials telling him what the #1 movie, car, book, whatever in America are.

No, wrestling fans are the only ones who care about what sells more.

Also the whole Cola Wars thing.

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/1448718796575870979

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Pic taken in December 2018, avoids the cursed timeline and signs with AEW on the big January 2019 reveal

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

beggar posted:

Pic taken in December 2018, avoids the cursed timeline and signs with AEW on the big January 2019 reveal

i've noticed it in Allie's vlog too but Penelope really does look like a completely different person without her gimmick makeup

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Love every two weeks when a wrestler admits he never heard kids talk Nintendo vs Sega, never hears adults talk Ford vs Chevy, never listens to commercials telling him what the #1 movie, car, book, whatever in America are.

dude was out of circulation for a decade. Give him a break.

But also, fuckin lol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alaois posted:

i've noticed it in Allie's vlog too but Penelope really does look like a completely different person without her gimmick makeup

Contouring is basically shapeshifting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/status/1448737240130142215

look how they massacred my boy etc

(its free on utub btw)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

Loser Hunter, Wednesday War! I can't take it anymore!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how much propaganda for the saudi regime does coke or pepsi do

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

cams posted:

how much propaganda for the saudi regime does coke or pepsi do

not a great example since the answer for this is probably "a lot"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m trying to think about MJF working his gimmick at wwe and it sucks rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I’m trying to think about wwe and it sucks rear end

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

not a great example since the answer for this is probably "a lot"

well i figured they did business (both coke and pepsi have plants in SA) but it also seems like they're not going around advertising that or talking about how great the regime is.

but coke has a few plants in saudi arabia and pepsi seems to just have one so pepsi wins

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

IGgy IGsen posted:

When I first saw Ryan Nemeth and heard he was called Hollywook Hunk I thought yeah, that's a prime jobber gimmick.
But now I think he's cool and his BTE cream bits are the best.

He won a wrestling title belt from a housecat... via trickery. That's a permanent +1 on his ledger

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The wrestlers who do run-ins in high heels cause they don't own any other shoes besides their wrestling boots could unironically use this tutorial

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

The wrestlers who do run-ins in high heels cause they don't own any other shoes besides their wrestling boots could unironically use this tutorial

When she was more active as a valet The Bunny used to come out in the most ridiculous heels I’ve ever seen, and I would feel anxious anytime she went anywhere near someone else at ringside because it just looked like broken ankles waiting to happen.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

The_Rob posted:

The Miz, but not the cool Miz that drove Danielson to AEW.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1448747843745894407?t=SWVV7181OqfPJtlUuwfNBg&s=19

GUESS

THE

DUUUUDES!

Toy guy is 100% Matt Cardona. Not sure about the rest.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Hello and welcome to the MJF show my guest this week is a man I’m better than - and he knows it - Seth “Freaking” Rollins!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1448747843745894407?t=SWVV7181OqfPJtlUuwfNBg&s=19

GUESS

THE

DUUUUDES!

Toy guy is 100% Matt Cardona. Not sure about the rest.

ricky starks
jericho?
hangman?????

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Sammy and Scarlett Bordeaux spent almost an entire Triplemania tag match at the English commentary table accusing everyone of being lizard people from the Hollow Earth so he's got to be an Infowars/Rogan guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

I've seen some people claim MJF is being neglected because he's never been in serious contention for a title. Because, you know, he'd probably rather trade what he gets in AEW -- lots of promo time, chances to work with the top guys in the company, heavily promoted matches -- for a shot at the Intercontinental title.