Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Who wants Math about The Goal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHT7rmqsss

Boy be fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol okay now this is a bit much

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

t a s t e posted:

His top speed was 37.1 km/h.

When Usain Bolt set the 100m record 9.58s in 2009, his top speed was just over 42km/h but his average speed over the 100m was 37.5km/h.

So yeah, it was a pretty fast sprint.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

t a s t e posted:

It's a canadian/ NHL thing we usually have those tracker chips n poo poo in all our hockey players gear so we track top speed, g force on hits etc.

Canada be nerds.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Let Canada be excited!!! They are Good Lads Who Mean Well.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s interesting sure but at this rate tomorrow there will be “I remember where I was when Phonzie scored against Panama” perspectives read on the floor of parliament

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Move over, paul henderson

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Davies goal feature length documentary when?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'd rather see an interview with the Panama player who just assumed the ball would go out and got his rear end smoked

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

I'd rather see an interview with the Panama player who just assumed the ball would go out and got his rear end smoked

He'll get credit in the documentary, maybe a best supporting role. He's an instant meme.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Crazy Ted posted:

I can't wait to see that part of the documentary

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Slotducks posted:

I can't wait to see that part of the documentary

Canadian Heritage Minute when

Also, this just works

https://twitter.com/racheldoerrie/status/1448476556670689281?t=Ub3gYmUyE0n_lN3cv0_ovQ&s=19

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Just think we still can wait for Drake to reference it in a lovely song

stab
Feb 12, 2003

trem_two posted:

Just think we still can wait for Drake to reference it in a lovely song

Oh that's probably already started

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1448667215461593092?t=yM-N3Kqep5jUsi1HQJ6nJw&s=19

Drake took some of the team out after the game

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

He's just trying to get close to their younger sisters

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Wait do y'all maple leafers even care about soccer? What the gently caress my mind is blown

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

stab posted:

Oh that's probably already started

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1448667215461593092?t=yM-N3Kqep5jUsi1HQJ6nJw&s=19

Drake took some of the team out after the game

Misunderstanding, he wants to meet the u-18s for dating pool purposes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Omnikin posted:

Wait do y'all maple leafers even care about soccer? What the gently caress my mind is blown

Soccer has been growing like crazy in Canada in the last 10-15 years. We even have a domestic league separate from the MLS now.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Another Bill posted:

Soccer has been growing like crazy in Canada in the last 10-15 years. We even have a domestic league separate from the MLS now.

There's more registered youths in soccer than in hockey and has been like that for 15-20 years now.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Enjoy the nightmare

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Omnikin posted:

It's 3 people posting about it, it just seems like more on these dead gay forums.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Yeah I moved to Canada from the UK and joined a local team thinking I'd be Hot poo poo and I was distinctly average

It's a very popular game but there didn't seem to be any infrastructure to support it for a while above the grass roots

Would be really stoked to have Canada in the world cup (as long as they don't play INGERLAND)

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1448443161324527616

enough about how great we are at soccer, more about how great we are at concacaf

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Azerban posted:

enough about how great we are at soccer, more about how great we are at concacaf

I noticed that in all the games in the last week: Canada finally gets how to play in Concacaf.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Azerban posted:

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1448443161324527616

This is like a baseball fight when the dudes from the dugout come jogging in

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Another Bill posted:

I noticed that in all the games in the last week: Canada finally gets how to play in Concacaf.

It's been VERY FUN to watch local outfit Forge FC learn over the past 2ish years how to play in CONCACAF culminating in the last game where in the last 4 minutes of their last game just absolutely shithousing in the corner with Kyle Bekker laughing his head off the entire time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I take great pleasure in sending tweets of concacaf stupidity to my friend. The best conference, he now knows the verb "concacafing"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ilmucche posted:

I take great pleasure in sending tweets of concacaf stupidity to my friend. The best conference, he now knows the verb "concacafing"

concacafing vt.- shithousing

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

you either die by the CONCACAF knife or you end up killing with it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Slotducks posted:

you either die by the CONCACAF knife or you end up killing with it.

Now we know why Laryea and Vitoria lost their goddamn minds at the end of the game

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/soccer-canada-panama-incident-1.6211507

A Panama player allegedly spit on Laryea.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Canada is bad rear end.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Stiev Awt posted:

Canada is bad rear end.
Meanwhile, Panama is bad and rear end

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
More empty stadium home games for Mexico in the near future.

You'll be *shocked* as to the reason why.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mexico "fans" keep repeating the chants until they're kicked out of the World Cup. They sit at home next year and start chanting "puto" at random things out of habit.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Hilarious points deductions when

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If they keep this up they’ll be signing death warrants in qatar

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

Mexico "fans" keep repeating the chants until they're kicked out of the World Cup. They sit at home next year and start chanting "puto" at random things out of habit.

Why don't they chant "tofu" instead as an inside thing. :ese:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
USMNT roster for the upcoming window (MEX, @JAM):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (New York City FC), Zack Steffen (Manchester City), Matt Turner (New England Revolution)

DEFENDERS (9): Reggie Cannon (Boavista), Mark McKenzie (Genk), Chris Richards (Hoffenheim), Antonee Robinson (Fulham), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sam Vines (Royal Antwerp), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig), Gianluca Busio (Venezia), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

FORWARDS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Red Bull Salzburg), Paul Arriola (D.C. United), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Tim Weah (Lille)

Renya is still injured unfortunately

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 4, 2021

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

At least pulisic’s back for Mexico, I guess. Would be happy with 3/6 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/GarethWheeler/status/1456285541012541440?t=yWcJaCO8l5ofczMt_mIRRw&s=19

It won't be Tomori and probably not Ferdi.

I swear if it's some CANPL scrub wheeler I will be so pissed at you