Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IDK if they still the the chicken flameante but that was a whole ordeal to order through the drive thru. Good as hell tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nah i think they killed any bone-in chicken. i love little hole in the wall places where the entire menu is quarter, half or whole, with lime and tortillas

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Why do your breakfast tacos with bacon egg and cheese not also include beans? Wtf?

Also can we please get rid of DFW dear god
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1448741745584480259?s=20

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

really you could just get rid of Southlake, it's always fuckin Southlake

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Marxalot posted:

Why do your breakfast tacos with bacon egg and cheese not also include beans? Wtf?

Also can we please get rid of DFW dear god
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1448741745584480259?s=20

lol the spokeswoman's attempt to clear it up makes it seem like the school district is 100% A-OK with what she said

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That implies the existence of a Northlake. Also, that headline is lib clickbait, the representative of the TSTA is quoted in that story saying that's not what the law does and this dude is nuts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1448754685293248517

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god that audio is incredible

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/saracress/status/1448670541490049033?s=21

Let’s slow down with endorsing this New York taco spot.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

zoux posted:

That implies the existence of a Northlake. Also, that headline is lib clickbait, the representative of the TSTA is quoted in that story saying that's not what the law does and this dude is nuts.

Southlake is, at beast, south-southwest of a lake. As opposed to Westlake, which is southwest. Meanwhile, Northlake is clearly northwest.

That said, there is an entire city and major state highway between Southlake and the lake in question.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
endlessly chuckling at the “exotic” things new yorkers become enamored with, especially when we see actual pictures of it

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Best taco sauce is Valentina’s hot sauce served from a jar sitting on a table with a fine accumulation of taco grease from all the taco fingers from previous patrons

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Captain Monkey posted:

I would eat that 100x before eating the Brooklyn BBQ.

Which nobody post that, it’s an affront to the senses.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Anyone in San Antonio needs to try Taco Palenque. They have locations in Houston, Austin, and Corpus also, but only one each. They're mostly located along the border with Mexico but drat if they aren't good.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Zil posted:

With or without rotel tomatoes?

No rotel for this dip, though I also like rotel and velveeta (with some extra cayenne and maybe some Julio’s seasoning).

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cael posted:

:hmmyes:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Anyone in San Antonio needs to try Taco Palenque. They have locations in Houston, Austin, and Corpus also, but only one each. They're mostly located along the border with Mexico but drat if they aren't good.

I make it a point to pop into a Palenque any time I'm in the valley. Though that isn't often these days.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
There's some debate going on with prop A in Austin right now to Fund The poo poo Out Of The Police. It's going to pass, isn't it?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Chieves posted:

Southlake is, at beast, south-southwest of a lake. As opposed to Westlake, which is southwest. Meanwhile, Northlake is clearly northwest.

That said, there is an entire city and major state highway between Southlake and the lake in question.

and the award for most accurate city name goes, once again, to white settlement

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There's some debate going on with prop A in Austin right now to Fund The poo poo Out Of The Police. It's going to pass, isn't it?

Of course it is.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wtf is with all you sad sacks not having good beans for breakfast lunch and dinner? Y'all are loving up.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Cael posted:

This one?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of course it is.

But the demands

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dameius posted:

This one?

:mods:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Captain Monkey posted:

I'm not sure if it's a hate crime to call this Authentic Texas cooking because that bean and cheese taco looks exactly like the sort of "Heat up a tortilla, add beans, and throw on a fist full of the cheap cheddar cheese that I got on sale at the Food Town" meal I've made when working 70-80hr weeks. It's only missing hot sauce

Jiro posted:

Wtf is with all you sad sacks not having good beans for breakfast lunch and dinner? Y'all are loving up.

Charro beans are too wet to put in a breakfast taco, but I'll allow it

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Probably, but it has been much less popular than the anti-homeless proposition was earlier this year. Less support, broader opposition since it takes funding out of other parts of the budget. But NextDoor has a lot of debate, so maybe the kneejerk response to Defund the Police will take over.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hmmm 50 new posts, something big must have happened.

Oh sweet! It's just foodchat and we haven't taken another giant leap towards oblivion.

Dameius posted:

This one?

:nws::nws:

Dude, the gently caress? Nws that disgusting poo poo before someone gets caught by their boss looking at it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Marxalot posted:

Charro beans are too wet to put in a breakfast taco, but I'll allow it

You make the frijoles rancheros for dinner, the leftovers you mash and mix with butter/lard and make refried beans for breakfast lunch what's wrong with y'all?????

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Jiro posted:

You make the frijoles rancheros for dinner, the leftovers you mash and mix with butter/lard and make refried beans for breakfast lunch what's wrong with y'all?????

Too much salsa from New York City in their food.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Captain Monkey posted:

I love to hate on lovely recreations of our blessed Texas culinary traditions, truly, it is one of my great pleasures in life, but that's not terrible. That is a legitimately excellent-looking homemade tortilla. Like, that looks like a better tortilla than 80% of the ones I have had in Texas. The cheese is not powdery, so it's at least not the cheap pre-shredded, which is more than fine melted into a taco. The beans are hard to see but look pretty pale, which is not ideal though.

The Brooklyn BBQ is legendarily, hilariously bad though and following that whole saga is one of my all-time favorite hate follows.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Acevedo officially out in Miami.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Jiro posted:

Reheating the beans on the griddle while you fry the chorizo and onion/peppers for a decadent huevos rancheros breakfast has given me life this past summer.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Probably, but it has been much less popular than the anti-homeless proposition was earlier this year. Less support, broader opposition since it takes funding out of other parts of the budget. But NextDoor has a lot of debate, so maybe the kneejerk response to Defund the Police will take over.

We've been seeing ads on youtube basically calling Austin a warzone with gunfights happening in the streets.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah it's crazy out here on these streets. Car clubs outta control, doin donuts in front of my modest bungalow, without respect.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chariot races with bladed swangers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dameius posted:

This one?

If Brooklyn BBQ didn't take over the world in 2018, covid could have been prevented.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
https://sabeanandcheese.net/

An entire site dedicated to reviewing bean and cheese tacos in San Antonio.

(a good bean and cheese taco is a good way to determine if a tex-mex restaurant is worth a poo poo)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

swear to god i just racked my brain to remember what sabeana means in spanish. "was knowing?" lol

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Doom Rooster posted:

I love to hate on lovely recreations of our blessed Texas culinary traditions, truly, it is one of my great pleasures in life, but that's not terrible. That is a legitimately excellent-looking homemade tortilla. Like, that looks like a better tortilla than 80% of the ones I have had in Texas. The cheese is not powdery, so it's at least not the cheap pre-shredded, which is more than fine melted into a taco. The beans are hard to see but look pretty pale, which is not ideal though.

The Brooklyn BBQ is legendarily, hilariously bad though and following that whole saga is one of my all-time favorite hate follows.

The beans were so cold the cheese didn’t melt at all. The tortilla looks dece but those are cold, pale beans with some shredded cheddar on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Bean and cheese is good for you