Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Acerbatus posted:

It's a bit weird to me that I've gotten some quests to go talk to hilchurls and they're 100% intelligent and totally capable of nonviolent interaction with people then we just go back to sawing them down by the dozen. :v:

They attacked first :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tae posted:

When people say they have 10k hits on albedo, is that assuming max skill? What's his defense stat?

I get 10600 crits on no buff lvl 81 albedo with 1971 def, 185% crDamage and 2p petra as artie set, lvl 9 talent.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kale posted:

New North American Genshin community PR manager not off to a great start if that Elon Musk thing was their idea to be honest. Kind of pleasantly surprised social media would push back on something legitimately terrible sounding as that was and get it nipped in the bud as it usually embraces these sorts of things instead I find. All of this happened and was removed while I was sleeping basically. :staredog:

I see Elon Musk as the ultimate self-serving opportunist business celebrity whore in the newfound absence of Trump on twitter who will worm his way into anything and use any meme he can to boost his own image and absolutely loving struggle to figure why anyone at Mihoyo would consider getting involved with him to be a good idea for PR. Like the guy is weird loving gently caress that doesn't give a gently caress about anything beyond the memes and getting to worm his way into the public conversation about something and could easily use his influence to cause damage to the game if he really wanted too so it's so why take that risk at all for some weird loving memes. Like his followers could just have flooded into the Genshin Impact twitter community and make a total mess of things even more than they already are for all anyone knows.

Elon Musk has been the same for years, including under Trump. Recall some of the greatest hits, like the time he called a diver who helped rescue some children "pedo guy," or the time he falsely said he was taking Tesla public for $420 (got a minor slap on the wrist from the SEC for this). It's only relatively recently (accompanying the shift in media reporting on him) that "Elon Musk is a dumb piece of poo poo" seems to have made its way into the mainstream (which is better than it not happening at all, at least). Go back a couple years and the response would be completely different, because he used to have a reputation as one of The Good Billionaires on the liberal side of things (largely due to the constant fawning media coverage).

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Hey, everyone. I play on mobile and I have this issue with the chat function, and I wonder if anyone else had/has this problem:

I can't type anything in the chat. I can tap on the prewritten stuff and on the emojis, but tapping on the square itself doesn't do anything, not even bring up a keyboard.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue, or maybe this is specific to my phone or something.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

elon musk sucks, so people don't want him any closer to a game they like.

Horrible ads are just part of mobage for whatever reason.

See Arknights having some random youtube guy talk about drat LION GIRL TITS BIG and paying for DidYouKnowGaming to make a video shilling it.

Some times I like to just make up what I think these are about based on whatever artwork and advertising happens to come across my desktop and for me Arknights is almost certainly a post apocalyptic gritty animal kingdom x warring states themed tower defense game where the battles are all fought by traumatized edgy lesbian anime girls with animal characteristics. :hai:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Arknights is almost certainly a post apocalyptic gritty animal kingdom x warring states themed tower defense game where the battles are all fought by traumatized edgy lesbian anime girls with animal characteristics. :hai:
it almost literally is. the warring states thing not so much but everything else, yes, absolutely.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
There's a pretty good ongoing LP of Arknights that I found informative when I was momentarily considering trying other Gacha games. Still haven't, still happy

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Magus42 posted:

They attacked first :colbert:

Daily commissions are the Teyvat equivalent of drone strikes

Kale
May 14, 2010

King of Bleh posted:

There's a pretty good ongoing LP of Arknights that I found informative when I was momentarily considering trying other Gacha games. Still haven't, still happy

Honkai Impact going on Steam admittedly has me curious to try it out to get the story once I hit that point in reading through the visual novels and manga's instead of just watching videos about it so we'll see how that goes eventually. Fortunately I'm just not the type to go putting money into any of these types of games where I don't see an absolute guaranteed return of justified value (aka no gambling) by my own definition so I've never been particularly worried about that sort of thing happening. If it sucks rear end to play I'll just stop playing it and go back to the original plan anyway.

As I understand it that one has you trying to acquire new costumes and move sets for the characters instead of putting the characters themselves and everything to do with them behind the irksome gambling monetization system. That sort of approach is what made FFRK agreeable enough to me to try out and play on the go for several years when a friend started playing it. Genshin it was obviously the hard cap on just giving you the character past a certain point of attempts on their banner, otherwise I wouldn't even be here. I'm just not willing to put up with any other approach no matter how much polish is put into a f2p game or even when it's an all time favorite franchise like Fire Emblem. I got really tired and put off really fast because of the endless streams of banners and every iteration of a character being it's own unique unit that I was expected to gamble for instead of a costume or attachment I could get literally any other way like god forbid a game of skill or something. I'm very attached to the Fire Emblem franchise, characters and mythology dating back to high school years, and still make it a point to get and complete every game in the series, but yeah gently caress that noise and feeling like I'm being held hostage for my fandom. Not to mention the many things about Heroes that went against the spirit of the franchise.

Endorph posted:

it almost literally is. the warring states thing not so much but everything else, yes, absolutely.

Kind of added that for favor as a reason for why the fighting is happening. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 15, 2021

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Solar Tornado posted:

Hey, everyone. I play on mobile and I have this issue with the chat function, and I wonder if anyone else had/has this problem:

I can't type anything in the chat. I can tap on the prewritten stuff and on the emojis, but tapping on the square itself doesn't do anything, not even bring up a keyboard.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue, or maybe this is specific to my phone or something.

I never use chat but sometimes they disable free text fields (like your bio) during random days important to the Chinese government so that you don’t write free Tibet or whatever.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Solar Tornado posted:

What phone are you using? I've noticed on Android sometimes the keyboard just refuses to appear when I'm using some apps, and it stays that way until I reboot the phone.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Oh hey, there's a cheevo for getting a certain lucky fortune from the Narukami shrine.

...and of course I only got a Chongyun copy when I rolled. I'm not gandlethorpe, game, I'm not getting this nerd five perfectly rolled artifacts when I'm still trying to get a couple of decent Severed Fate sets.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is Black Sword even worth getting or should I just go for refinements on the other four BP weapons? Seems like only Keqing wants it much.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
:toot::toot:

Hands down the hardest thing I've done in the game.

Sucrose C6 with R1 Sacrificial Fragments
Fischl C6 with R2 The Stringless

Bennett C5 with R5 Festering Desire
XQ C6 with R1 Favonius Sword

Card buffs in order: 20% Burst Damage, 20% Attack, 30% Attack if above 50% hp

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Found all seven stone slates and all but two bird statues without consulting the internet :toot:

This update was a lot of fun. I like the addition of furniture chests a lot; every one feels more special than the regular chests that just give some artifacts and mora.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Reached AR45 and I'm struggling a lot with the artifact domains. Basically everything is a one- or two- hit KO so you can't make any mistakes. It's still beatable but takes a bunch of tries which is not what you want when running it a bunch.
Am I just underleveled? My party's at level 65 or so, but I didn't think levels gave you that much in terms of defensive improvement.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Are your artifacts levelled up with the appropriate main stats? Not levelling artifacts is how people fall behind relative to their world level.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
most of the artifact domains are level 90. you're going to need your carry around level 75-80, weapon at 80-90, talents at 6-7, and artifacts level 12-16

Selane
May 19, 2006

Hooray, they listened to my(and presumably other people's) feedback on the last Misty Dungeon survey and put unique lineups for each level.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

padijun posted:

most of the artifact domains are level 90. you're going to need your carry around level 75-80, weapon at 80-90, talents at 6-7, and artifacts level 12-16

that's so many local specialties and hilichurl masks and nobushi armguards and and and :negative:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Man, I thought I was over obsessively farming elites, but they had to go and give us a fun new 5* (and free, thx mhy :worship:)

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying her, because I wasn't hyped at all to the point of not bothering to pre-farm talent books. Now I want to play the untouched copy of H:ZD I bought on a Steam sale a year or so ago.

The more I play it, the more it feels like a legit team. It's actually pretty well rounded, handling anything that's not a hard counter to freeze/Cryo cleanly and quickly. It's got CCs for days, grouping, AoE up the wazoo, strong in melee while also having relevant pewpew ranged damage, and bursts charge fast. Even has heals just in case.

And I love almost never seeing non-crit numbers. Aloy's got over 100% chance against frozen, while Chong's 86%

I really do hope they eventually give her constellations though... Even if it's just for an extra charge on her E, and the rest is negligible

https://i.imgur.com/0OeyXsz.mp4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redmark posted:

that's so many local specialties and hilichurl masks and nobushi armguards and and and :negative:
everything except the local specialties also gets farmed way easier as you increase wl. the nobushi armguards will probably drop like 1 blue one, 1 green one, and two white ones per guy now that you're ar45.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Redmark posted:

one thing I never realized until way too late was that you can look an enemy up in the adventure handbook and track it, it makes finding groups of enemies with the parts you need much easier

if you want help, I can carry you through the domains in coop, 606209027

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So from what I gather, like half the playable characters are various flavors of gods or immortals or the like?

No wonder poor Amber is so weak in comparison. My first random 4* was a bow so I was using her but man. She's not great.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Isn't every single playable character a larval-god at minimum?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

So from what I gather, like half the playable characters are various flavors of gods or immortals or the like?

No wonder poor Amber is so weak in comparison. My first random 4* was a bow so I was using her but man. She's not great.
Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden are gods. Ganyu and Xiao are divine servants of Zhongli. Yanfei's dad was one of those servants but her mom was just a regular person. Xiangling has a demigod in her pocket.

Think those are the only divine characters at present.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like Amber is probably about the same as other characters in terms of having partners she basically requires to do well. but yeah she's still coming from behind most options even if i think she can be fun

melt Amber is great and simple but your desired baseline is pretty much C2 Rosaria. i guess you can do variants with like Kaeya+shield but that seems insane and Kaeya would want C2 if possible too. bomber Amber is literally not accessible until you have C2 (good luck) and then further locks its damage potential behind C4 and C5.

phys Amber doesn't exist.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Redmark posted:

I feel like being a new player has to be more difficult now, due to the materials being spread out over all these continents (particularly if a new player rolls Inazuma characters).

Honestly not sure how they'll deal with this in the longer run, as even more continents get added.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like being a new player has to be more difficult now, due to the materials being spread out over all these continents (particularly if a new player rolls Inazuma characters).

Honestly not sure how they'll deal with this in the longer run, as even more continents get added.
Domains that spit out local materials from each continent that can be accessed before you actually get to that continent. Done.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden are gods. Ganyu and Xiao are divine servants of Zhongli. Yanfei's dad was one of those servants but her mom was just a regular person. Xiangling has a demigod in her pocket.

I thought Traveler was too since their sibling has been alive for like 500 years?

I'm just finding the relative abilities of everyone a bit difficult to grasp, I think.

dogsicle posted:

i feel like Amber is probably about the same as other characters in terms of having partners she basically requires to do well. but yeah she's still coming from behind most options even if i think she can be fun

melt Amber is great and simple but your desired baseline is pretty much C2 Rosaria. i guess you can do variants with like Kaeya+shield but that seems insane and Kaeya would want C2 if possible too. bomber Amber is literally not accessible until you have C2 (good luck) and then further locks its damage potential behind C4 and C5.

phys Amber doesn't exist.

I 100% had to use amber either way since a bunch of puzzles need a bow and nobody else can figure out their mysteries, though I do have Aloy now.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Fishcl was a great pull for me since I could stop using Amber after.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

I thought Traveler was too since their sibling has been alive for like 500 years?

I'm just finding the relative abilities of everyone a bit difficult to grasp, I think..

Traveler is chthulhu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want them to drop an event 4* as unnecessarily tuned to Amber as the upcoming sword is for Albedo

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Endorph posted:

Ninguang might be a reincarnation of Guizhong, or some other god who wasn't cool enough to be an archon.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Klee is the god of explosion, the only divine being that matters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

padijun posted:

Or you can ask goons in discord for help, if you have the domain fight unlocked.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Yae is ?????

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
does The Catch ever "restock" so i can eventually get 2 of them? i really want 2 of them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Twisc posted:

does The Catch ever "restock" so i can eventually get 2 of them? i really want 2 of them.

doubtful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
After putting in a bunch more tries and a lot of swearing, I think a lot of the domains are actually doable way underleveled, but you have to fail a few tries to figure out how to cheese it. For example, Peak of Vindafnyr (whatever the Blizzard set domain is called) has a Frostarm Lawachurl that can one-shot me, and the Cryo Abyss Mage is too disruptive for me to dodge both at once. But if I prep Xiangling to have her burst (don't have ER to build it up in time without prepping), I can focus down the abyss mage and then dodging the Lawachurl is doable. But it takes like 5 minutes of bashing at it while taking care not to get comboed.

the Emblem of Severed Fate one is also pretty easy if you abuse freeze. the downside being it also takes the whole timer to finish the big guy

Redmark fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 15, 2021