Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nope, he could convincingly be found not competent to stand trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nope, he could convincingly be found not competent to stand trial.

Corey Wootton saved him from prison.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he's been convicted of three counts of "just having fun out there"

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Funslinging (welfare funds) isn’t a crime!

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Forgive my ignorance please, but what was it that he did that was wrong? A grifter rear end state offering to hand out cash to him and he took it is all he's guilty of in this specific situation right? The fact it was earmarked for needy families is a state issue to me, but I'm certainly willing to admit I don't know much about the situation and would like to know more. I just see that as like when TN said the lottery money would be earmarked for education, and then moved the prior education budget to something else (corruption) and replaced it with the lottery money. lovely government sure but is he individually responsible for the sham too? Again, I'm certainly not a Brett apologist or anything, I'd just like to know the situation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Another "most" for Favre

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

He's just stealing funds out there

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Parallelwoody posted:

Forgive my ignorance please, but what was it that he did that was wrong? A grifter rear end state offering to hand out cash to him and he took it is all he's guilty of in this specific situation right? The fact it was earmarked for needy families is a state issue to me, but I'm certainly willing to admit I don't know much about the situation and would like to know more. I just see that as like when TN said the lottery money would be earmarked for education, and then moved the prior education budget to something else (corruption) and replaced it with the lottery money. lovely government sure but is he individually responsible for the sham too? Again, I'm certainly not a Brett apologist or anything, I'd just like to know the situation.

The money was payment for appearances that he didn’t actually show up to. I’m sure there are contracts involved. As corrupt as government can get, I don’t think you can just randomly give public money to Brett Favre ostensibly for nothing. He has to have a reason why the state paid him. Showing up at random events to make an appearance would have fulfilled that, but apparently no one involved could be arsed even to do that. :shrug:

Also, he’s not being charged with anything, he just has to give the money back. Money that he admits that he did nothing for and that he is aware came from state funds.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rich white people sure are good at getting away with theft.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Rich white people sure are good at getting away with theft.

Tbf It's one of the founding tenets of our country.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Tbf It's one of the founding tenets of our country.

As are sending unsolicited dick pics and popping opioids like candy. :patriot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Your honor, I TRIED to return the funds, but they got intercepted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1448673062455496705

Folks, crying works.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Tbf he probably didn't know when he took the job that a witch had replaced all his players joints with silly string

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

What does the 4% who said "No" expect him to do this year

What does anybody expect this team to do this year

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

My dad is one of those people who still watches the Lions every week, seemingly just to get mad at them. They're still out there

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

tinstaach posted:

My dad is one of those people who still watches the Lions every week, seemingly just to get mad at them. They're still out there

This feels like what most of the non-Packers fans in this thread do with their own team week-to-week tbf

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Guy A. Person posted:

This feels like what most of the non-Packers fans in this thread do with their own team week-to-week tbf

Hell, that's some Packers fans too. Don't get the appeal, personally.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Last weekend I went to a see a play that was based a tragedy. It was moving, there were some good performances. I knew beforehand that it did not have a happy ending, but I was still entertained.

This is the mental state you need to be in to watch Lions football.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Styles Bitchley posted:

Last weekend I went to a see a play that was based a tragedy. It was moving, there were some good performances. I knew beforehand that it did not have a happy ending, but I was still entertained.

This is the mental state you need to be in to watch Lions football.

Lions football is Macbeth without the sweet release of death

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

We're seeing just how much Stafford was making the Lions better. Imagine how good the Bears would've been with Stafford.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/BearsPR/status/1448739574243528708?t=PbU9TG2p28ZDBJRh48h7HA&s=19

Well, that's not great.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Down the first, second and third string backs.

Good thing the Bears are now a running team!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Guy A. Person posted:

I hope one day soon the packers can join us all in hell

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Jen X posted:

I, as a packer fan, am genuinely looking forward to it because I'm a sicko.

:sickos:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Detheros posted:

I, as a packer fan, am genuinely looking forward to it because I'm a sicko.

:sickos:

You have a great match up this weekend.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

HootTheOwl posted:

You have a great match up this weekend.

It'll be win or lose by 30 with no in-between.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Any packers fan who doesn't think they are going to win by at least 3 touchdowns is deluded, they might as well be playing two different sports.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

R.D. Mangles posted:

Any packers fan who doesn't think they are going to win by at least 3 touchdowns is deluded, they might as well be playing two different sports.

I think that would be cool if they did.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jordan Love will play the entire 4th quarter.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jordan Love will play the entire 4th quarter.

Because Aaron Rodgers gets his leg mangled on the second play of the game.

Bears still lose of course, but bears gonna bears.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Has anyone asked Nagy about the Bear’s nonexistent secondary or what?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Endless Trash posted:

Not that I've heard, but Jaylon Jonson said he was excited to be playing against Rodgers and Adams. Which I mean, I appreciate the kid's self-confidence and I hope he can back it up, but that feels a little too much like tugging on Superman's cape for my comfort.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Endless Trash posted:

What's he gonna say? "Yeah, Pace really hosed me over there."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

sweet geek swag posted:

What's he gonna say? "Yeah, Pace really hosed me over there."

And for that matter, Broncos fans are all bitching about how badly the Steelers burned Kyle Fuller last week, so.... :shrug:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

to be fair, based on the current rules it seems literally impossible to legally cover a receiver in the NFL.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nagy now calling plays for the Eagles, 1 rush in the 1st half.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He must have thought they still had Jordan Howard

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Jen X posted:

It's going to happen. Being almost annual contenders since the mid 90s means we've stored up at least a generation of being terrible. I've made my peace with the fact that our next 10-15 QBs at a minimum must be no better than average.

Hell, alot of fans are super eager to speed this up by wanting to get rid of Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

He must have thought they still had Jordan Howard

Oh man, I forgot about Jordan Howard. I was disappointed when the Bears traded him, but god drat they were right to do so. That dudes career has been nothing but decline.