Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rinkles posted:

How do you change the Steam directory location? It used to be simple iirc, but with the new UI I'm told I can't have a second folder on the same drive.

Could try faking it by pointing to an empty folder on another drive, moving the original folder where you want it on the original drive, then pointing Steam to the new location on the original drive. Haven't tried this myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

v1ld posted:

Could try faking it by pointing to an empty folder on another drive, moving the original folder where you want it on the original drive, then pointing Steam to the new location on the original drive. Haven't tried this myself.

Might work, but that's a slightly ridiculous solution. Google hasn't come up with anything better, though (an alternative is just uninstalling everything).

Did Valve not anticipate this being an issue?

(and yes, I'm doing this for modding purposes on a secondary computer I didn't anticipate running MO2 on)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

deep dish peat moss posted:

I just listened to a youtube video of all of them and it's not as bad as I remember (I could have sworn there was a second female unit that was way worse than the ranger but there's not I guess?) but yeah, this is like 3rd in the cycle of Ranger voice lines so it triggers constantly and it feels out of place and makes me imagine weirdo devs:
"Sooo tired... last night was amazing"
Since I handled their first game, I was prepped to handle TaB as well and we were recording new lines to replace the current lovely ones. My actress & I wrote some new lines to replace those weird/inappropriate ones but the devs were absolutely insistent that those lines stay in and then decided to keep all of the terrible old recordings anyways.

Weird poo poo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

looks like My Time at Portia's followup My Time at Sandrock is gonna be waiting a while before it can release... I was wondering why it was taking so long given that they're well into closed beta, but then I realized that Pathea is a Chinese developer, and Chinese game certification right now is kind of.. hosed and frozen.

their current target is January, and they'll keep working on the game in the meantime since they do have a player base from the Kickstarter backer tiers who get an early key.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

The 7th Guest posted:

Chinese game certification right now is kind of.. hosed and frozen.

Oh, what's up with that?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
is there a way to get game pass for $1 still or is that only for new accounts

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Serephina posted:

Oh, what's up with that?
they're trying to enforce new moral standards and it's completely gumming up the whole process. for example, effeminate men are now banned from chinese games, as is switching genders of any historical figures, but the biggest thing is "no ambiguous morals" which is straight out of the authoritarian playbook, but also means that like.. even presenting a choice to the player is going to require a ton of scrutiny. so it's just completely hosed everything there.

sandrock has been trying to get their game certified since before these standards got decided, like back in early spring. so there's already been gridlock

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 15, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

Since I handled their first game, I was prepped to handle TaB as well and we were recording new lines to replace the current lovely ones. My actress & I wrote some new lines to replace those weird/inappropriate ones but the devs were absolutely insistent that those lines stay in and then decided to keep all of the terrible old recordings anyways.

Weird poo poo.

Since hearing that the dev for Always Sometimes Monsters was a massive, massive loving creep to women and the game is basically "stalk your ex, the simulator" I'm convinced anytime a game creator makes such a huge deal over a feature like that it's a major red flag about them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And the whole video game stricter regulations thing is confirmed by Chinese state media. Don't believe everything you read about China though, because America has been stepping up its propaganda machine and spreading a lot of misinformation about what is going on over there. I guess a plus for the rest of us though, is that this has resulted in a ton of Chinese developed games coming to the west, that otherwise would not have.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

err posted:

I'm reasonably sure it works as long as your account is not active, a friend of mine did this not too long ago. Go through this page and give it a shot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

And the whole video game stricter regulations thing is confirmed by Chinese state media. Don't believe everything you read about China though, because America has been stepping up its propaganda machine and spreading a lot of misinformation about what is going on over there. I guess a plus for the rest of us though, is that this has resulted in a ton of Chinese developed games coming to the west, that otherwise would not have.
yeah i'm just talking about video games

it's not the reason why Tencent bought stake in so many video game studios outside of China, but it ended up being very fortunate for them because they'll be able to weather this

Pathea (Sandrock/Portia dev) though, presumably is just running off Portia revenue and the remaining KS funds for Sandrock

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 15, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

err posted:

I'm on my third trial for $1, but I've also had to pay the actual amount one time when I subscribed, so I don't know if it's based on how long it's been since you've subscribed or if it just resets after a while or what.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

Might work, but that's a slightly ridiculous solution. Google hasn't come up with anything better, though (an alternative is just uninstalling everything).

Did Valve not anticipate this being an issue?

My bad. Simply moving the Steam folder (minus the unimportant parts) works (and Valve provide instructions). Steam just has to reinitialize itself after you relaunch it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm beginning to doubt The Void Rains Upon Her Heart will ever come out of Early Access but also I don't care because new bosses to fight yes!!!

https://fxtwitter.com/VeyeralGames/status/1448831388078149633?s=20

e: gently caress twitter

e2: https://twitter.com/VeyeralGames/status/1448831388078149633

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm beginning to doubt The Void Rains Upon Her Heart will ever come out of Early Access but also I don't care because new bosses to fight yes!!!

https://fxtwitter.com/VeyeralGames/status/1448831388078149633?s=20

e: gently caress twitter

e2: https://twitter.com/VeyeralGames/status/1448831388078149633

this is good and i am sending my energy.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I have 68 hours in the Void Rains Upon Her Heart and I'm still finding new stuff to unlock and play with, and I'm still mastering the three game modes (with four separate characters!) and it might just be one of my favorite games ever, alongside being the best SHMUP I've ever played. I will go to bat for it, I genuinely love it and I can't wait for more of it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

glad they are not dead / the entity that has assumed their identity learned to post

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

StrixNebulosa posted:

I have 68 hours in the Void Rains Upon Her Heart and I'm still finding new stuff to unlock and play with, and I'm still mastering the three game modes (with four separate characters!) and it might just be one of my favorite games ever, alongside being the best SHMUP I've ever played. I will go to bat for it, I genuinely love it and I can't wait for more of it.

i've been kinda waiting for it to ditch EA too. what i played of that game absolutely whipped rear end but I hit the content wall pretty fast at the time

prolly been more than a few new bosses since then tho, maybe i'll reinstall it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

i've been kinda waiting for it to ditch EA too. what i played of that game absolutely whipped rear end but I hit the content wall pretty fast at the time

I wouldn't know how you'd hit the content wall now. It's got 463 achievements most of which have an unlockable tied to them, it's hitting Isaac levels of things to aim for.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
only 448/2276

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
260/693; I stopped buying things just because they were cheap years ago

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
honestly 2267/6855 is way better than I expected

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Great way to find a lot of crap in your account like Gothic Playable Teaser that I somehow can't fkn remove.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

178/673. better than i feared, worse than i hoped

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

350something, which isn't too bad considering most of them are from bundles and the like where I only wanted a couple specific things and left the others to rot.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

449/678, might have nightmares about that ratio

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
699/1015, seems fine to me.

Although my profile says I own 966 games so is it really 699/966?
:thunk:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Propaganda Hour posted:

Great way to find a lot of crap in your account like Gothic Playable Teaser that I somehow can't fkn remove.

You might be able to get rid of it by going to the "View licenses and product key activations" account page and searching for it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Checked out Far Cry 6 after learning Ubisoft had the $15 subscription thing and I've got to say, I kind of like it. I did skip 5 and New Dawn so I haven't played one in quite some time, but I still knew what to expect and the execution is pretty good. You're doing the same poo poo you basically do in all of them but they made all the ways to do it pretty fun. It's cool using the stupid super weapons, it's cool being able to airdrop into fast travel points using a wing suit instead of just spawning on the ground, it's fun to trick out your car with mounted guns and plows on the front and stuff. I find myself approaching encounters different ways just because the variety is enjoyable. I'm definitely just going to play it on and off for the month and then cancel, but I'm absolutely getting my $15 worth for what's basically a rental.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fez_machine posted:

I wouldn't know how you'd hit the content wall now. It's got 463 achievements most of which have an unlockable tied to them, it's hitting Isaac levels of things to aim for.

Yeah the "content wall" is pretty deep, unless you're just talking about the final boss. Pretty much every boss has two or three achievements tied to fighting them, many of which unlock yet ANOTHER boss with its own achievements, and so on and so on...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

18/178. 10%, I'm proud of myself.

Counting the ones where I lost interest after 20 minutes of trying them out, it'd probably be closer to 30%

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is that Storage Manager that lets you sort by install location still just in the Beta version of the client?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Whelp, that's the last time I ever click on 'explore your queue'. MMOs (I'd rather gouge my eyes out?), FIFA games (what?!) and DLCs for games I don't even own. Like... I have some very obvious tastes, I haven't checked the queue in ages, so there WILL be things I could be interested in - just not a single one of those. I'm unsure tell if the aggresively poo poo recommendations are just blantant paid advertisements or what, but ffs.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Serephina posted:

Whelp, that's the last time I ever click on 'explore your queue'. MMOs (I'd rather gouge my eyes out?), FIFA games (what?!) and DLCs for games I don't even own. Like... I have some very obvious tastes, I haven't checked the queue in ages, so there WILL be things I could be interested in - just not a single one of those. I'm unsure tell if the aggresively poo poo recommendations are just blantant paid advertisements or what, but ffs.

They are probably all in the top 10-25 of the best sellers list.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A good poster posted:

Is that Storage Manager that lets you sort by install location still just in the Beta version of the client?

It's in the main branch

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ummm... ok.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Serephina posted:

mines good

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

26/67, but that includes some demos and two games (the Final Fantasy V and VI Pixel Remasters) that aren't out yet. Probably more like 20/61 without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Commander Keene posted:

26/67, but that includes some demos and two games (the Final Fantasy V and VI Pixel Remasters) that aren't out yet. Probably more like 20/61 without them.

Sir/madam, do you even have a Steam account?