Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

So as long as I only sell non-scrappables, I'm safe?

I only sell plans, ammo, and legendaries. I guess this would be dangerous if you sell outfits and junk.

E: I guess Sensenmann's point is no one really knows so there is no "safe" option, short of scrapping your vendor.

Andenno fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So is the Woodland Warrior PA paint set just the Camouflage paint set but with the colors switched around? The other camo paints (winter, blue, desert) were already really lazy and over priced but this is some new level of lazy.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Valseek, a Beth CM, posted this.

quote:

Hi everyone,

We'd like to thank you all for bringing this to our attention. We've addressed this Vending Machine exploit today, and it is no longer possible to do. We also want to mention that while player reports indicated that this exploit was causing items to be stolen, we've so far determined that no items were actually being lost. Instead, those items were removed from the victim's Vending Machine and placed into their Stash.

If you were affected please double check there to ensure you still have your items. Thank you once again for your reports and the details many of you have shared with us about this issue.

The exploit he is talking about was the dumbest one, it just unlisted your stuff and put it back in your stash.

People keep claiming that this were only failed attempts and a successfull attempt would have resulted in the item being lost.

Again, this being a Bethesda game and seeing how often "fixed" exploits and glitches resurface like clock work I'll keep my vendors down for a while longer. I'm at max caps anyways and I refuse to buy junk or hoard recall keycards.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Sensenmann posted:

Valseek, a Beth CM, posted this.

The exploit he is talking about was the dumbest one, it just unlisted your stuff and put it back in your stash.

According to reddit this bug would put items in a different stack in your stash, which explains why I suddenly had two stacks of fixer plans and nuke keycards the other day.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Psychedelicatessen posted:

According to reddit this bug would put items in a different stack in your stash, which explains why I suddenly had two stacks of fixer plans and nuke keycards the other day.

I had that too. Rad Barrel and Bear Arms.

This game...

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

The latest big news is that Bethesda changed the Fallout 76 2021 roadmap to completely revamp the Winter update, without announcing the change publicly. A Reddit post announced/showcased the change (https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/pxb7ou/2021_roadmap_silently_updated_we_have_receipts/) and a Bethesda employee responded to confirm the changes.

Here's a comparison of the 2 roadmaps:

There hasn't been an official announcement about what any of these new features will entail, but you can imagine people are not as excited by the idea of 'Pip-Boy Colors' as they were for 'CAMP Pets.'

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Discospawn posted:

The latest big news is that Bethesda changed the Fallout 76 2021 roadmap to completely revamp the Winter update, without announcing the change publicly. A Reddit post announced/showcased the change (https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/pxb7ou/2021_roadmap_silently_updated_we_have_receipts/) and a Bethesda employee responded to confirm the changes.

There hasn't been an official announcement about what any of these new features will entail, but you can imagine people are not as excited by the idea of 'Pip-Boy Colors' as they were for 'CAMP Pets.'

That is too bad. I was excited for the zeta content.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
If it lets me change the overbright mode color I'll actually be pretty happy with that. I usually played 4 with a kind of dingy off grey Pipboy screen and it gave the "flashlight" much more natural illumination.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How you gonna get 4 star legendaries, just drops?

Crestfallen Poster
Apr 17, 2009

Let me guess. Fate of the Undead, right? Well, you're not the first.
Dinosaur Gum

7c Nickel posted:

If it lets me change the overbright mode color I'll actually be pretty happy with that. I usually played 4 with a kind of dingy off grey Pipboy screen and it gave the "flashlight" much more natural illumination.

You can actually already change the flashlight color if that's what you're interested in. In Fallout76Prefs.ini find "fPipboyEffectColor" and change R, G, and B to 1 for white light.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

How you gonna get 4 star legendaries, just drops?

No one knows for sure yet but it's assumed that you can also roll them with cores and modules.

In other words, unless they'll allow us to lock in effects we want to keep the chances of getting something good will drastically go down.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Data miners discovered early on that some of the unique weapons in the game have '4/5 Star Effects' that let them do things that normal Legendary Weapons don't have access to, like Perfect Storm's Incendiary effect or All Rise's Healthy effect (which was removed with the Steel Reign update). Of course, it's unknown if these will become the 4 Star Effects that are delivered for Winter.

But like was said, unless they introduce 4th Star effects along with a drastic rework of crafting and legendary drop rates, most players will still have to be satisfied with only getting 1 or 2 legendary attributes because getting 'perfect' rolls is impossible with the current methods. I guess the worst case scenario would be if the 4th Star Effects are variants of the Cursed weapon effects, so it will introduce the idea of negative modifiers to the RNG system.

I'm more interested in the 2 unexplained looting changes they mention on the roadmap, because while they might be cool quality of life changes, they might also turn out to be some weird, obtuse features that nobody asked for and somehow makes looting worse for players. If they turn out to be the latter, it's going to make the last minute roadmap change even more bizarre.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I assume the 'local looting' just means that if you go to a weight room, there will be lead weights there for every player on the server. Which is dumb.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Funny, I thought the best case scenario for Local Looting would be the equivalent of a 'Loot All' button, so players could loot every enemy within a certain radius (somewhat addressing the problem of losing track of enemy corpses when you can't find their goo or meat pile). If it's the removal of material instancing being server-wide, that would be a huge, fundamental change to make so late in the game's lifecycle (but it would also be another step towards making the game more like the Single Player experience a lot of players wanted).

As far as the 'Legendary Loot Sharing' feature, I assume it'll be a change to allow players to loot Legendary enemies even if they didn't tag them with enough damage (somewhat addressing the problem of players with legacy weapons killing boss enemies so fast that nobody else can get a chance to damage them).

But it could also mean something crazy like the ability to trade all Legendary items to other players without restrictions, or a system that allows players to loan out items to other players with a set time limit.

It feels genuinely impossible to predict Fallout 76 updates.

numitor
Apr 25, 2008

My I please have that fish, sir?
I would love a loot all option or some other quick loot tool. The first mod I install in a fresh fallout4 run through is something to highlight corpses, cause they are very very easy to loose.

Personally I hope would be very happy with anything that could make a support character easier to play, as of right now even if you want to play a medic you still need to tag mobs instead of trying to heal the people around you.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

numitor posted:

I would love a loot all option or some other quick loot tool. The first mod I install in a fresh fallout4 run through is something to highlight corpses, cause they are very very easy to loose.

Personally I hope would be very happy with anything that could make a support character easier to play, as of right now even if you want to play a medic you still need to tag mobs instead of trying to heal the people around you.

Yeah, Medic is completely rear end backwards in this game. The crit from a Medic weapon heals 15 HP flat. For comparison, Purified Water heals 25...

To make Medic a useful thing you need to be in Unyielding gear at around 20% of your health to get Luck up to 32 or so in order to pump out a crit every other shot.

If you really want to RP as a medic, the Team Medic perk or Stimpack Diffusers are a much better idea and most likely better then anything the update will introduce.

It's also worth noting that it's currently assumed, not confirmed, that the 4* effects are just the ones that already exist in the game files and have been cut from the game.

More on those here: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_76_legendary_effects#Content_directory

The "Content Directoy" section has links to Weapon/Armor and PA effects, the cut content and assumed 4th and 5th star effects are at the bottom. None of them are game changers.

Not sure when the PTS gets spooled up again so it might be a while before we get some clarity on how this poo poo will actually work.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

If the 4-Star effects are just the same ones that have been in the code of the game sense forever, the community will be unhappy.

As a copy paste from the above link:
pre:
WEAPONS
Blazing Block      25% chance to deal 50 Fire damage on a successful block
Charged            10% chance to deal 40 Electrical damage on a successful block
Enraging           Critical hits cause target to frenzy
Freezing           Critical hits freeze targets
Freezing Block     25% chance to freeze your opponent on a successful block
Frenzying Block    10% chance to frenzy your opponent on a successful block
Incendiary         Targets burn for 24 damage over 3 seconds
Irradiating        50% chance to deal 50 Rads on a successful block
Kneecapper         Chance to cripple a limb
Poisoner's         Target is poisoned for 50 damage over 10 seconds
Staggering         Chance to stagger on hit
Wounding           Targets bleed for 25 damage over 5 seconds

ARMOR
Cryogenic           10% chance to freeze melee attackers, once every 20 seconds
Duelist's           10% chance to disarm melee attackers
Gun Accuracy        Gain +5% accuracy with guns
Incendiary          30% chance to ignite melee attackers, once every 20 seconds
Punishing           Reflects 10% of melee damage back on attacker
Reflect Projectiles Gain a 5% chance to reflect projectiles back at the attacker
VATS Enhanced       10% reduced Action Point costs in V.A.T.S.
Although, since it's Bethesda, it's entirely possible that buggy implementation may cause 1 of these perks to define the new meta or create a new class of legacy weapons/armor before they disable OP combinations of effects.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Discospawn posted:

If the 4-Star effects are just the same ones that have been in the code of the game sense forever, the community will be unhappy.

As a copy paste from the above link:
pre:
WEAPONS
Blazing Block      25% chance to deal 50 Fire damage on a successful block
Charged            10% chance to deal 40 Electrical damage on a successful block
Enraging           Critical hits cause target to frenzy
Freezing           Critical hits freeze targets
Freezing Block     25% chance to freeze your opponent on a successful block
Frenzying Block    10% chance to frenzy your opponent on a successful block
Incendiary         Targets burn for 24 damage over 3 seconds
Irradiating        50% chance to deal 50 Rads on a successful block
Kneecapper         Chance to cripple a limb
Poisoner's         Target is poisoned for 50 damage over 10 seconds
Staggering         Chance to stagger on hit
Wounding           Targets bleed for 25 damage over 5 seconds

ARMOR
Cryogenic           10% chance to freeze melee attackers, once every 20 seconds
Duelist's           10% chance to disarm melee attackers
Gun Accuracy        Gain +5% accuracy with guns
Incendiary          30% chance to ignite melee attackers, once every 20 seconds
Punishing           Reflects 10% of melee damage back on attacker
Reflect Projectiles Gain a 5% chance to reflect projectiles back at the attacker
VATS Enhanced       10% reduced Action Point costs in V.A.T.S.
Although, since it's Bethesda, it's entirely possible that buggy implementation may cause 1 of these perks to define the new meta or create a new class of legacy weapons/armor before they disable OP combinations of effects.

Some of those seem pretty good. I would love a galling plasma that freezes. What am I missing?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Some of those seem pretty good. I would love a galling plasma that freezes. What am I missing?

Freezing is a crit effect, not a constant elementary damage. Heavy weapons aren't exactly viable in VATS due to the high AP cost and, if you are in PA, the extreme fusion core drain.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Discospawn posted:

Maybe whoever replaced Gardiner is trying to realistically pace the team's release schedule. It's not like there's any shortage of reasons for delays with the real world teetering on the brink of collapse.

Sensenmann posted:

Freezing is a crit effect, not a constant elementary damage. Heavy weapons aren't exactly viable in VATS due to the high AP cost and, if you are in PA, the extreme fusion core drain.

And there's also the chance that the server will hiccup for one reason or another and VATS will be bugged to always miss wildly for an indeterminate period of time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Last night I dropped into a server with 14 level 500+ players who all had settlements clustered close together at the very bottom of the savage divide. Going near that area caused big time slowdown and server input lag. Trying to turn in ward's daily was a struggle.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Last night I dropped into a server with 14 level 500+ players who all had settlements clustered close together at the very bottom of the savage divide. Going near that area caused big time slowdown and server input lag. Trying to turn in ward's daily was a struggle.

I had that on the Whitespring Golf course today. Not as many but that area is notoriously laggy with just two camps nearby, I had 7. The lag was so extreme I had single digit FPS and decided to alt+F4 out because the pipboy froze. This game owns bones.

Also:

New ITV is out.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/jZRtNvUYshCQGR1Lb8ncR/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-dive-into-night-of-the-moth-pts-playtesting

Some nice things in there.

Also, the PTS opens today so we'll get some more info soon.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 1, 2021

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

So now, even 4-Star Legendary effects are getting pushed out to next year, and the Pip-Boy color thing looks to be literally the same thing that PC players could do for years by modifying an .ini file (but I guess this makes it available to console players as well). At least it looks like the other features are matching up with sensible ideas to address some common player complaints. We'll see how the Public Event changes work out.

It's a hard problem for the developers, because there's still so many fundamental issues with the game that need improving (like the announced keyring or fixing Public Events that have been broken or poorly balanced for years), but releasing a major update with just those kinds of fixes doesn't address the remaining player base's request for more content or improved end-game grinding. At the same time, I think it's fair for players to expect features like Pip Boy Color Changing or Keyrings to be such trivial additions to the game that they don't account for a significant portion of a quarterly update.

Edit: PTS patch notes are up (https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/q8uBBk3yhsE1naSlADTpd/fallout-76-night-of-the-moth-pts-features-and-update-log), which don't mention 4-Star Legendary Effects, but the effects are available on the PTS Server. The 4th Star is a Legendary Mod that is crafted separately from the first 3 stars, and the effects seem to be different from the datamined effects listed above (although the ones I've seen are all really minor, like reduced AP cost to sprint while in combat).

Of course, since Bethesda removed 4-Star Effects from the Winter update, it's entirely possible this whole system wasn't even meant to be released on the PTS and doesn't reflect what their actual intentions are with the system.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 2, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Those QoL changes are great. The keyring will delete keys

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Discospawn posted:

Edit: PTS patch notes are up (https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/q8uBBk3yhsE1naSlADTpd/fallout-76-night-of-the-moth-pts-features-and-update-log), which don't mention 4-Star Legendary Effects, but the effects are available on the PTS Server. The 4th Star is a Legendary Mod that is crafted separately from the first 3 stars, and the effects seem to be different from the datamined effects listed above (although the ones I've seen are all really minor, like reduced AP cost to sprint while in combat).

Of course, since Bethesda removed 4-Star Effects from the Winter update, it's entirely possible this whole system wasn't even meant to be released on the PTS and doesn't reflect what their actual intentions are with the system.

Adding to this, you can select which 4* effect you want but the decision is final. Once it is a 4* you can no longer reroll it or change the 4* effect. Plus, they are untradable. You can only scrip or drop (destroy) them.

Crafting the 4* effect costs 1 Vault Steel, 1 Module, 1 Core and 1 Legendary Shard.

Not sure about the Legendary Shard yet. They don't appear to be implemented just yet as the effects can be added with no requirements on the PTS but there is this pic someone posted:

https://imgur.com/a/hau7f4j

No idea where you get the shards. Probably event rewards or purchasable from Mumbles or the Gold vendors.

Needless to say, you can't add a 4* effect to a 1* or 2* item. It has to be a 3*. That means that 2* Legacies can't be upgraded.

And fyi, Crit Healer seems to be supremely OP. If you are a Bloodied Stealth Commando who crits every other shot you're becoming essentially unkillable with this.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Gold Rush is on.

You can trade in double the amount of T-Notes until monday.

Extremely useless if you are sitting at the limit with nothing left to buy but a good thing for those of you still grinding for Gold plans.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I never have enough t-bills to hit the daily limit

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Steam posted:

Fallout 3: Game of the Year - Update 1.7.0.4
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition has been updated and no longer installs Games for Windows Live dependencies. If Fallout 3 was previously installed on Steam, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the title.

The title no longer requires Games for Windows Live and will now launch.

Edit: Recompiled EXE, will break FOSE.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 12, 2021

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That sounds interesting games for windows live were a plague.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Ygolonac posted:

Edit: Recompiled EXE, will break FOSE.

The old exe works just fine so if you overwrite the new one with that you can still use FOSE.

I'm curious how TTW handles this. I think the "legit copy" check is working by filepath and registry entries, not by exe version, so that should be still ok.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the GoG version already had GFWL removed, but I don't know if FOSE works with it because I hate loving with script extenders in Bethesda games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

quote:

The title no longer requires Games for Windows Live and will now launch.

that's a pretty funny line to include for a game you've been selling all this time

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

the GoG version already had GFWL removed, but I don't know if FOSE works with it because I hate loving with script extenders in Bethesda games

It does. The GoG version works better out of the box in general.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Managed to resist 76 all this time and finally the price of 10 bucks got me :smith:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Flesh Forge posted:

Managed to resist 76 all this time and finally the price of 10 bucks got me :smith:

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Flesh Forge posted:

I pre-ordered (just the game, not the extra poo poo). You got a good deal.

I mean like, content wise, you came in at a good time and at a good price. I played until about level 50 when it came out and put it down for two years, there was nothing to do.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

why is there a 5 second pause between each and every line of dialogue

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

why is there a 5 second pause between each and every line of dialogue

Because Bethesda Austin can't code for poo poo.

You'll get used to it and most of them aren't that bad. There is one particular NPC you'll learn to hate, though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

every bit of dialogue so far has been seriously excruciating, also all the dialogue menus take aaaaaaaaaaaaages to pop up. lots of plain old dead air time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

every bit of dialogue so far has been seriously excruciating, also all the dialogue menus take aaaaaaaaaaaaages to pop up. lots of plain old dead air time!

What are you playing this on?

Also, try jumping servers. Most of the dialog issues come from server lag.