Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

As someone who feels like The Beatles has been done to death back and forth again and again... this does look fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auta2lagtw4

I'm hooked. Of course I've alway been fascinated with the latter days and eventual break-up of the Beatles.

I know it's been digitally hosed with to within an inch of its life, but it looks and sounds so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

algebra testes posted:

The only concern is this period is super documented and we kinda know the beats (no pun intended) to the story, but I guess it'd be interesting to see unfold.

Super documented, but always in the form of stories told. This is the real events and words, even if we're not seeing 90% of it. I also believe that there's much more emphasis being put in the movies on Billy Preston's role in revitalising the band, which is frequently forgotten.

And the forthcoming album known as Get Back is one of the most famous "lost" albums of the period. Let It Be has previously been re-released with Phil Spector's heinous overproduction removed, but this is going back to the original session material.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
i dont

https://twitter.com/jennyyangtv/status/1448470198739111939

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/skrollins/status/1448578542262894592?s=21

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Can't think of a movie that hosed up such a promising beginning as Sinister.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kiimo posted:

Rob Delaney no
Rob Delaney yes, make that movie so you have more money and are free to do other things

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Timefuckers Incorporated" is a weird title for a movie but personally im all about it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How did that title get this far

Nevermind I know, they focus group tested it and everyone remembered it because it is so terrible and they were like we have to move the needle somehow. Please let Jimmy Fallon make fun of it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Timecuck

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Hot drat we have a winner

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

At the end it's revealed Janine has also been going back and changing the timeline to avoid ever having met these two guys.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Cage posted:

Rob Delaney yes, make that movie so you have more money and are free to do other things

I hope that's how it works. I had the same thought about Aisling Bea, she is such a charming and quirky lady and here she's just playing a boring mom saying the same lines from the first movie. I don't know if stuff like this is a good foot in the door of Hollywood or not.

The whole cast really, I would love to see more Ellie Kemper and Pete Holmes and Chris Parnell in films, but it's like this horrible monkey's paw seeing them just play these hollow stock characters in streaming fluff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

At the end it's revealed Janine has also been going back and changing the timeline to avoid ever having met these two guys.

That should hopefully be the ending because gently caress those two dudes.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kiimo posted:

Nevermind I know, they focus group tested it and everyone remembered it because it is so terrible and they were like we have to move the needle somehow. Please let Jimmy Fallon make fun of it.

It's also the (terrible) title of the short story it's based on. Which is no excuse.

Also, that twitter thread is golden. Fav alt title: Once in a Wifetime

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jedit posted:

Super documented, but always in the form of stories told. This is the real events and words, even if we're not seeing 90% of it. I also believe that there's much more emphasis being put in the movies on Billy Preston's role in revitalising the band, which is frequently forgotten.

And the forthcoming album known as Get Back is one of the most famous "lost" albums of the period. Let It Be has previously been re-released with Phil Spector's heinous overproduction removed, but this is going back to the original session material.

I mean, that's true, but Get Back has been out there for a while (1990). I've had it on vinyl for a decade. The material just isn't that strong, it's a rather niche album but easy to love if you're in the mood to feel nostalgic about old friends, that's basically what they were shooting for. Even the cover is a "Where Are They Now?" of Please Please Me.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

Can't think of a movie that hosed up such a promising beginning as Sinister.

That flick is at the top of my “movies that should’ve ended five minutes earlier than it did” list.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/robhatchmiller/status/1448758756985040896?s=21

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

And the last one is HIS OWN

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

It's also the (terrible) title of the short story it's based on. Which is no excuse.

Also, that twitter thread is golden. Fav alt title: Once in a Wifetime

My favorite was Cockblock Time Machine

gregday
May 23, 2003

kiimo posted:

My favorite was Cockblock Time Machine

TIMECUCK

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Dude, when's my wife??

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Room Where It No Longer Happened

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gregday posted:

TIMECUCK

:colbert:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Honestly, the entire movie looks pretty loving gross and poo poo, unless I'm missing something and it's more than just two lads having a pissing contest over who gets to own a woman, while the agency of both her, and the other lady never comes into consideration.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 15, 2021

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

davidspackage posted:

Dude, when's my wife??

New thread title please.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Honestly, the entire movie looks pretty loving gross and poo poo, unless I'm missing something and it's more than just two lads having a pissing contest over who gets to own a woman, while the agency of both her, and the other lady never comes into consideration.

no one's ever really gone

nobody belongs to anybody

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Continuing my streak of “who asked for this” trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BkVf2voCr0

Why isn't Pete Holmes a burglar alongside Rob Delaney, that wouldn't make it good, but it would make it better.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

gregday posted:

TIMECUCK

Need to know what happens when you gently caress your past self
do you meld together in an unstable blob of flesh before blinking out of existence like the evil senator or

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Gnome de plume posted:

Need to know what happens when you gently caress your past self
do you meld together in an unstable blob of flesh before blinking out of existence like the evil senator or

Isn't that the plot of Predestination?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Dillbag posted:

Isn't that the plot of Predestination?

Yep. Good flick.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*getting down on one knee, naked* I absolutely will not stop, ever, until we are married!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Continuing my streak of “who asked for this” trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BkVf2voCr0

Why does that kid have a bowl cut

I mean, I am definitely of the era where bowl cuts were essentially legally mandated for boys but this is 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i like the scarface reference in the trailer, that will be a hit with the grandparents who get dragged to watch it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They didn't gently caress his wife 10 years ago
There's still time to rail her

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

up all nite thinkin bout timestack

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sloppy Seconds

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snooze Cruise posted:

Sloppy Seconds

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is an attempt at translating the vernacular of AD 805,052 to something that is understood in the primivite 21st century: topside r virgin & bottomside r chad

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

Sloppy Seconds

:perfect:

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,