Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

Can Ertz play again this week, and if so do you get both of his games points? I realize he is unlikely to play, both due to having played and not knowing the playbook, but it would be interesting.
No, NFL rules prevent it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Pain of Mind posted:

Can Ertz play again this week, and if so do you get both of his games points? I realize he is unlikely to play, both due to having played and not knowing the playbook, but it would be interesting.

CBA says one game per week, so nope.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
someone dropped OBJ, is it worth dropping Aiyuk for him? I mean, I'd be changing one underperforming WR for another, but who has more potential to stop sucking?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In more Browns powering up news get your Hunts ready baby. I'd also expect OBJ and Felton to have to do some things this week

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1449049851203833866

Freezer posted:

someone dropped OBJ, is it worth dropping Aiyuk for him? I mean, I'd be changing one underperforming WR for another, but who has more potential to stop sucking?

I'd give it a shot.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Christian McCaffrey out again. Wonderful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

In more Browns powering up news get your Hunts ready baby. I'd also expect OBJ and Felton to have to do some things this week

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1449049851203833866

I have Hunt and I’m playing against Chubb :getin:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Boosh! posted:

Christian McCaffrey out again. Wonderful.

Loving how this week is starting to shape up for my Chuba/Hunt team, playing against the CMC owner :getin:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

At least I decided to start Sanders in CMCs place or I would have been stuck with 0 points there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hunt is also questionable so don't get too ahead of yourselves

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Jarvis has also been designated to return. Not that I expect him to play this week, but worth noting if he's available.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

I'm being offered Carson for Elijah Mitchell and Kittle. Probably would be overpaying, but I'd really be out of the 49ers business.

Standard scoring, and I have Collins.

What do you guys think?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Freezer posted:

I'm being offered Carson for Elijah Mitchell and Kittle. Probably would be overpaying, but I'd really be out of the 49ers business.

What do you guys think?

The 49ers business has been rough, but i don't know if i'd want to jump into a Russless Seahawks business.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Freezer posted:

What do you guys think?

I think you are overpaying some unless you have a top 5 TE sitting on the bench. I would think Kittle is roughly equivalent in value of Carson alone, and you cannot even use his injury history to lessen his value because Carson is always injured too. As far as we know Mitchell could be a solid RB2 once he comes back from injury after the bye, since everyone else there is dead. Plus with Geno Smith at QB for a while, the Seattle offense could be a little worse than expected and lower Carson's ceiling some.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

Thanks guys, I think my frustration with the 49ers was getting the better of me.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Carson to IR. My team with Carson and CEH is looking rough.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God drat it Pete you Pollyanna bastard, you told me Carson would be good to go this week.

I dropped Collins for Khalil Herbert and now I just have to pray the #5 waiver can get him back tonight.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

God drat it Pete you Pollyanna bastard, you told me Carson would be good to go this week.

I dropped Collins for Khalil Herbert and now I just have to pray the #5 waiver can get him back tonight.

Why would you start Collins over Herbert? Steelers are going to shut down the Seahawks run game

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cat Hassler posted:

Why would you start Collins over Herbert? Steelers are going to shut down the Seahawks run game

I'm not and wasn't planning to (hence the drop), but Carson is out at least three games and I need someone to start once Williams comes back from COVID and Herbert is irrelevant again.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Would you start Chuba Hubbard vs. the Vikings or Darrel Williams vs. Washington in a flex spot?

Both guys are starting this weekend.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

I'm not and wasn't planning to (hence the drop), but Carson is out at least three games and I need someone to start once Williams comes back from COVID and Herbert is irrelevant again.

Gotcha. I’m mixed up in the Bears RB fiasco too

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

CocoaNuts posted:

Would you start Chuba Hubbard vs. the Vikings or Darrel Williams vs. Washington in a flex spot?

Both guys are starting this weekend.

Chuba for sure. He had like 30 touches last week.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

shirts and skins posted:

Phew...that really would have left me up poo poo creek. loving short bench, loving 12 team league.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

dxt posted:

Carson to IR. My team with Carson and CEH is looking rough.

Mine has Carson, CEH, CMC, Kittle and I also drafted Jarvis Landry. Ready to write the season off lol

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Got a rough decision this week -

I have to start four, 1PPR -

Brown vs LAC (Been blowing up every week)
Allen @ BAL (Williams trending to be out)
Chase @ DET (lul DET)
Diggs @ TEN (TEN has one of worst PASS D's)
Hopkins @ CLE (Nuk gets his)

I am leaning towards benching Diggs, solely because of the what have you done for me lately despite the targets being there. Thoughts?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I traded Chris Carson for Javonte Williams (I still have Alex Collins). I'm hoping this works out long term. Short term, so far so good! He went on IR the day after the trade completed. Now I just need Melvin Gordon to fade away into nothingness.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Got a rough decision this week -

I have to start four, 1PPR -

Brown vs LAC (Been blowing up every week)
Allen @ BAL (Williams trending to be out)
Chase @ DET (lul DET)
Diggs @ TEN (TEN has one of worst PASS D's)
Hopkins @ CLE (Nuk gets his)

I am leaning towards benching Diggs, solely because of the what have you done for me lately despite the targets being there. Thoughts?

I'd lean Chase over Diggs. Higgins is back and also Cincy might not have to throw a pass in the second half. For what it's worth, 166 of the 177 fantasy pros "experts" go with Diggs, here.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/jamarr-chase-stefon-diggs.php

I get the frustration, but he's a great talent on a great offense. I understand the temptation to zag here, but I really think you should Digg.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Assuming some kind of PPR. Hell no. Corey Davis barely has value this year let alone going forward. Jacobs is still on a rookie contract and had 1 year full time in college. Less wear than most RB's in the league and price controlled for his current team. He's got a while left imo. If they're a likely winner 1 + 1 is the minimum bid.

1+1 for Jacobs is way above value. He's pretty much valued as a late 1.

Corey Davis also pretty clearly has value if you expect Wilson to take a step. He's getting targeted on 25% of his routes, which is more or less what you want from a potential low WR1 or high 2.

He's the best WR on that team and probably actually good at football.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah a single late 1 is wildly undervaluing a 3 down back in ppr. Trade analyzers are insane if that's the what they're putting out and/or people are selling stupid low. The opportunity is there for Davis this year he's not going to be the long term #1 with the Jets. He's a wr3 at best long term while Jacobs likely has 4 more years of production in him.

A late 1 in dynasty is getting you a wr/qb/te not a rock solid rb2 at worst.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Corey Davis and a late second for Josh Jacobs is someone trying to hand you two dimes and all he wants in return is one quarter.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Zauper posted:

1+1 for Jacobs is way above value. He's pretty much valued as a late 1.

Corey Davis also pretty clearly has value if you expect Wilson to take a step. He's getting targeted on 25% of his routes, which is more or less what you want from a potential low WR1 or high 2.

He's the best WR on that team and probably actually good at football.

Yeah. Davis has had one stinker and two great games. His target share has been phenomenal every week. As the season goes on and Wilson gets accustomed, he's only going to become more and more valuable.

EDIT: I'd trade him to get Jacobs, though, lol.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah a single late 1 is wildly undervaluing a 3 down back in ppr. Trade analyzers are insane if that's the what they're putting out and/or people are selling stupid low. The opportunity is there for Davis this year he's not going to be the long term #1 with the Jets. He's a wr3 at best long term while Jacobs likely has 4 more years of production in him.

A late 1 in dynasty is getting you a wr/qb/te not a rock solid rb2 at worst.

No reason to think Davis isn't better than the Jets other receiving options or capable of being the #1 -- he had a better target share than AJB last year while playing against the top CBs iirc.

He's not a super high end WR, but let's not pretend he's worthless.

Recent trades (last 3 days) involving Jacobs and picks:
ETN+1 for jacobs, fuller, carson, darrel williams, and a 2
Jacobs for 22 2 + 23 1
22 1+2+3 for jacobs+trask
jacobs for ruggs, tremble, 2x2
zeke+3 for jacobs+1
diontae for jacobs+2
Jacobs+2 for mac.
jacobs+diggs for fant+edwards+2x1

He's not being valued as a player worth multiple firsts. If you value him higher than he's being valued, wonderful. That doesn't mean that's what people should pay for him, or expect to get for him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Those trades are criminal undersells lmao

Good for what's listed on dynasty league football's trade analyzer but that's madness. Those things create a big ol feedback loop and shouldn't be given as much credence as you're giving them.

The lone acceptable trade

Zauper posted:

zeke+3 for jacobs+1

I'll add 1 more thing ask goons from my league about the AJ Green trade years ago. DLF had him valued as a late 1. He went for a 4th.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 16, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CMC to IR, Chuba time

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

On the other hand, Josh Jacobs sucks

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

CMC to IR, Chuba time

See you all next year! :smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Two straight years with CMC. As a Saints fan, it doesn’t help the Panthers. As a fantasy player, dammit.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

On the other hand, Josh Jacobs sucks

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I have CMC in a keeper league and this is the second year in a row he's hosed me. Gonna be a tough decision next year whether to bother with him.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm in a half-PPR redraft league where the scoring idiosyncrasies are that there are small bonuses for long passing/rushing/receiving touchdowns (1-2 points depending on length), large bonuses for 400+ passing yardage (4 points), 100+ rushing/receiving yardage (2 points), and 200+ rushing/receiving yardage (4 points), and 1 bonus point for every five completions.

Anyway, here's my starting roster:

- QB: Dak Prescott
- RBs: Aaron Jones, Darrell Henderson
- WRs: Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp
- TE: Dalton Schultz
- FLEX: CeeDee Lamb, Ja'Marr Chase
- K: Matt Prater
- DEF: Los Angeles Rams

And the bench:

- QB: Ryan Tannehill
- RBs: Chuba Hubbard, Tony Pollard, Kenneth Gainwell
- WRs: Antonio Brown, Kadarius Toney
- TEs: George Kittle, Tyler Higbee

It honestly feels like the best roster I've had in at least the past five-plus years. The starters are pretty sick (although Kittle on IR is a downgrade), and the bench is pretty deep.

I'm thinking of making three trade offers, and I'd love advice on whether or not they're a good idea.

Offer 1

This is an either/or with Offer 2; both involve trying to upgrade on Prescott. I think that Prescott is a top-ten fantasy QB, but kind of on the lower end of that over the course of the season, and I'd love to get more of a top-three talent. In this case, I would be offering *Dak Prescott and Antonio Brown for Kyler Murray*.

The other guy's players are:

- QBs: Kyler Murray
- RBs: Christian McCaffrey, Najee Harris, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, AJ Dillon, Demetric Felton
- WRs: Michael Thomas, Hunter Renfrow, Emmanuel Sanders, Marquez Callaway, Darnell Mooney, Jalen Reagor, Jamison Crowder, Deonte Harris
- TEs: Darren Waller
- K: Jason Sanders
- DEF: Baltimore Ravens

In short, I think his receiving corps is terrible and that Brown would be a major improvement for one of his starting slots, and that I have enough depth at WR to afford sacrificing some for a bump at QB. I guess I could also make a play for Christian McCaffrey with the later period of the season in mind.

Offer 2

My other potential option for an upgrade involves offering *Dak Prescott and Tony Pollard for Lamar Jackson*.

The other guy's players are:

- QBs: Lamar Jackson, Derek Carr
- RBs: Ezekiel Elliott, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, James Conner, Nyleim Hines, Damien Williams, Jamaal Williams
- WRs: DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, Rondale Moore, Allen Robinson, Courtland Sutton, Deebo Samuel,
- TE: Mike Gesicki,
- K: Matt Gay
- DEF: Seattle Seahawks

This guy's roster is way better, and I don't think he would bite on Antonio Brown because he has enough good WR depth. However, maybe he'd want Pollard as a Zeke insurance policy since his RB corps is kind of underwhelming. I don't think he'll go for it but I think I should at least offer it first, before trying Option 1.

Offer 3

This is my goofiest trade offer, but I'm thinking about *Matt Prater and either Dalton Schultz or Tyler Higbee for Justin Tucker*.

I won't list out everything the other guy has, but his starting TE is Jared Cook and he has no depth. The league penalizes missed extra points and field goals pretty harshly, and points for made field goals scales up based on length. Prater's fine but I feel like I have three viable TE starters (and a clear-cut one once Kittle returns) and that I can afford a downgrade there to get Tucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The most predatory trader in our league just offered me Darrel Williams for CMC