Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Results of the first 2021 Ideas review.

Jazz Quartet and The Office made it through, Snow White's Hut might.

No surprise on the Office, really pleased the Jazz Quartet did because it's quite different to the usual stuff.

Interesting, I thought another company had the license for The Office sets, but maybe it expired or isn't exclusive or something like that. The Jazz Quartet looks great, I might actually get that one when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, the Jazz Quartet is really nice, and goes with the musical theme Lego have been chasing in the last few years.

Really surprised at the Office though. I thought that was a definite no.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
They've probably made bank from the other sitcom sets and figured that they might as well do The Office now while it still has a lot of popular appeal. I did lol though at:

"This is a super interesting and entertaining television show that we feel is universally known and loved and Jaijai's creation captures all the details of that story so well"

*incredibly boring bland lego office with a bunch of figs standing around*

They should put in a David Brent minifig as a nod to the genesis and infinitely superior version.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

quote:

The review board has been impressed by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs recreation. Despite of this, they haven't been able to tick off all the boxes needed to move forward with it and a further review is needed.

Aka «We feel Snow White is public domain but our lawyers have recommended we pay royalties to Disney anyways»

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm not surprised at an Office set being made, but this version looks quite bad.

At the very least they're going to remove most of the exposed studs from the floor, desks, and bookcases, leaving only a few to attach items or figures.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

2022 Speed Champions apparently include Ferrari 512M, Lotus Evija, Lamborghini Countach, and a duo of the Aston Martin Valkyrie & Aston Martin Vantage GT 3. Countach is a must-buy for me unseen- I hope it's the older racecar 512 and not the revised Testarossa, but I'm probably in either way.
Oh, dope! Let's get 'em up on the screen. All info and images from Stonewars.

76906 Ferrari 512M, 291 pcs
red with gold rims

76907 Lotus Evija, 247 pcs
dark green with black rims

76908 Lamborghini Countach, 262 pcs
white with new prints for the wheels

76909 ????? (likely another semi-exclusive 2-pack)

76910 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro & Vantage GT3, 592 pcs
GT3: dark gray with lime, Valkyrie: lime green with black and red

LEGO swingin' back hard for all the Europeans who complained about too many American cars in the 2021 series, I see! (I know these are planned over a year in advance and it isn't actually reactionary). I wish the colors were a little newer / more exciting, though the Lotus is only the second ever dark green Speed Champions car, at least. Everyone's gonna buy the Countach.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I hope they're only taking the idea of a The Office set and totally redesigning it because that Ideas set looks very bland

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 15, 2021

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It’s a bit dumb as an Ideas sets since they will just redesign it from scratch, and it’s pretty obvious next choice after the Friends and Seinfeld sets. But it makes people feel involved.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They’re setting themselves up for more Golden Girls submissions, and I’m here for it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Who buys all the euro supercar speed champions anyway? I see so many unsold Koenigsegg and Lotus at Target.

smackfu posted:

It’s a bit dumb as an Ideas sets since they will just redesign it from scratch, and it’s pretty obvious next choice after the Friends and Seinfeld sets. But it makes people feel involved.

They probably didn’t want people being like “hey I had that Idea first!” Even though it was solely down to sales of similar sets and licensing availability.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 15, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

They’re setting themselves up for more Golden Girls submissions, and I’m here for it.

I'm holding out for 30 Rock

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Liz Lemon! This is not what I had in mind when I want to play with myself!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hmm, we'll have to see about the Jazz Quartet. I do like it quite a bit.

Modular hotel inspired by the Flatiron has my attention, not much longer to wait I guess.

I also just wanted to say I noticed the use of the snake as the chimney smoke in the Snow White set. I thought that was clever :golfclap:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I also just wanted to say I noticed the use of the snake as the chimney smoke in the Snow White set. I thought that was clever :golfclap:
It's great tech. I first saw it used on a Victorian London skyline build. I stole it myself for a MOC I hope to finish by the end of the month!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ineptitude posted:

Aka «We feel Snow White is public domain but our lawyers have recommended we pay royalties to Disney anyways»

Or maybe they thought if they bring in Disney, they can charge more and get Disney to advertise it for them.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Based on the name, there must be a technique to use Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail with a sliding door, right? Anybody know how that works? I've only ever seen them used decoratively. Bricklinking the piece info isn't any help, because it has appeared in 100s of sets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Got and built the Ship in a Bottle set today. Very pleased with the end result, and the ship was a much more substantial build than I was expecting. I’ve got a few complaints about the build process though

- The masts on the ship are extremely flimsy and were kinda annoying to get all lined up. It doesn’t matter much once the ship is in the bottle, but still.

- Good god the base of the bottle. Hundreds of tiny clear parts. I highly recommend sorting all the pieces for this section.

Anyway good set, I definitely recommend getting it before it retires and triples in price.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Countach sounds cool, white is a bit of a mediocre colour though.

The modular rumor/leak sounds cool too, but definitely want to see it.

Office set seems surprising with there being like, another building block office set out there?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Got and built the Ship in a Bottle set today. Very pleased with the end result, and the ship was a much more substantial build than I was expecting. I’ve got a few complaints about the build process though

- The masts on the ship are extremely flimsy and were kinda annoying to get all lined up. It doesn’t matter much once the ship is in the bottle, but still.

- Good god the base of the bottle. Hundreds of tiny clear parts. I highly recommend sorting all the pieces for this section.

Anyway good set, I definitely recommend getting it before it retires and triples in price.

Ship in a bottle is great and looks nice on top of my file cabinet at work, until it got knocked down and a thousand clear and translucent blue pieces went everywhere! Fortunately I'm the only cubicle here with legos in the cabinets so when people find a random piece somewhere they just bring it to me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RatHat posted:

Yeah I hope they're only taking the idea of a The Office set and totally redesigning it because that Ideas set looks very bland

It feels like a copout when a set like that is selected. Really nothing interesting about the build but it taps into an IP people want made, so lego just makes it and does a total redesign. Would much rather see Lego pursue it on their own and pick something more creative as a winner.

Jazz band isn't the type of thing I'd buy, but it's a really great build so glad to see that get picked.

Also stoked on a speed champions countach. Everyone who was a little kid in the 80s loved that thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Ship in a bottle is great and looks nice on top of my file cabinet at work, until it got knocked down and a thousand clear and translucent blue pieces went everywhere! Fortunately I'm the only cubicle here with legos in the cabinets so when people find a random piece somewhere they just bring it to me.

I like it better without all the little pieces in the bottle.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

I always get colorful cars in real life because I hate that 75% of new cars sold in America are white/black/grey/silver, but white for the Countach is iconic. I still have two posters from the 80s with white Countaches.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Look for literally every sticom ever made to have ideas submissions now.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd buy a Cheers set on day one!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Haven't multiple The Office sets gotten 10k votes? Congrats to this guy being the one to get the royalties off of it, I guess!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cockblocktopus posted:

Haven't multiple The Office sets gotten 10k votes? Congrats to this guy being the one to get the royalties off of it, I guess!

Yeah there was at least one other one among the sets they didn't pick this time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The_Doctor posted:

People laughed when I said there'd be a Mr. Belvedere Lego set

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Might be too old to be relevant anymore but I've love a Cheers set. Frasier would be good too, especially since there's no dog piece that'd fit for Eddie so they'd have to make a new one.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

:mad:

The only 'acceptable' Countach configurations (to me) are triple white, red with silver wheels, and black with gold wheels. They made the right choice imo

I will be very upset if it's the 25th Anniversary, and apoplectic if they go no-spoiler.

Waltzing Along posted:

31 Minudos will ride again! A Frasier set would be incredible though. The apartment itself is a master class in stage design and is full of details that would look very cool at scale. Maybe we'll get a new dog mould for Eddie?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Red posted:

People laughed when I said there'd be a Mr. Belvedere Lego set

I hope its the episode where he zips his penis into his tuxedo pants

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

bird with big dick posted:

I hope its the episode where he zips his penis into his tuxedo pants

They had to stop filming that show for a few days when Mr Belvedere injured himself by sitting on his own balls at a Christmas parade. I hope they make that into a play feature somehow.

Also the Milwaukee Brewers fan in me would love a Bob Ueker minifig.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Every TV show set made gets us one step closer to a Clone High set.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Cockblocktopus posted:

The biggest upshot to The Office winning is no more The Office submissions hitting 10k on Ideas.

Design stream tonight! Gonna do a seed part build! Also, I noticed a couple people in the thread asking about learning Stud.io a bit more? If y'all decide to show up, let me know and I'll take things a bit slower and explain the process/controls/shortcuts more for ya. 7PM Central / 1 hour away!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cloks posted:

lmao

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Cloks posted:

A compelling argument for stopping immediately

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The only sitcom that I'd be interested in a set of is Blackadder.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tenebrais posted:

The only sitcom that I'd be interested in a set of is Blackadder.

Mr. Bean would be incredible. It's gotta include the Mini though(preferably with the chair on top).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

The biggest upshot to The Office winning is no more The Office submissions hitting 10k on Ideas.

Design stream tonight! Gonna do a seed part build! Also, I noticed a couple people in the thread asking about learning Stud.io a bit more? If y'all decide to show up, let me know and I'll take things a bit slower and explain the process/controls/shortcuts more for ya. 7PM Central / 1 hour away!

Office warehouse set.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
After the official Seinfeld set came out I'm in the midst of changing my custom Jerry's apartment/coffee shop modular into Paddy's Pub/Charlie's apartment modular instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Red Dwarf is the only sitcom set I want