Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dang. Mine are all clogged with wave 1 still. Gotta keep my eyes peeled I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm heading to Target to pick up a vidja game later this week, I'll wander into the toy aisle a bit if you guys can lemme know wtf to look for.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm waiting on Spikor to drop at BBTS and then I'll ship my pile of loot hemans

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I want to get a figure that looks something like this guy, the president from Kaiji ultimate survivor:

I gotta figure that he is part of a character archetype and at some point someone else wanted an evil old man action figure. I could try making a custom figure but I thought I'd try and find something existing first. I've used my best google-fu and looked on eBay but came up empty.

Anyone know of a figure that comes close to this or can point me in the right direction?

EDIT: NM I found something that suits my purposes, I'll just have to custom the clothes. Also finishing the first season of Kaiji and really liking it.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 13, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nanigans posted:

You can grab the scouter Vegeta with two black hair heads and use the spare head on any of the other figures to achieve desired Vegeta. But all of these are basically out of print or not yet released, so you’re gonna have to pay a pretty penny or wait.

drat, yeah it's this look that I'm after. I don't mind picking up a third-party head, but I guess the SHF Vegeta is out of print.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
There will be another eventually, there always is for Goku and Vegeta.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Yesterday and today's pickups

I also found the NECA Goliath at Target, but haven't opened it. I don't have room for the wingspan right now.

I spent way too long trying to figure out who's trying to pinch Miles' junk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The HT stands are so weird.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
After a few weeks of "delays", Target just canceled my preorder for the NYCC Year Two Batman fig. So... that's fun.

[EDIT] On a whim, I looked and it appears they canceled pre-orders, then relisted these a few minutes ago. The fun continues.

funtax fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 13, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Diddler posted:

I spent way too long trying to figure out who's trying to pinch Miles' junk

Lovely username comment combo.

The_Doctor posted:

The HT stands are so weird.

Its actually a generic 1/6 stand. I am weird and I like my stands to all be the same, so I don't use the HT stands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Looks like the wingspan space issue will be solved some day

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1448439068493336588?s=21

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Looks like the wingspan space issue will be solved some day

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1448439068493336588?s=21

Oh poo poo, that’s awesome! Bronx is great and I would have bought him anyway, but that’s a cool way to handle it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1445962286401732610?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I thought about getting that. But it looks kinda crappy and maybe worse than the neca figure which I think is good for what it is.

Maybe with different smaller glasses idk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like Mattel may have improved their articulation, at least. My experience with older WWE Elite figures is they have a ton of articulation that's not at all good for posing in cool wrestling moves.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The Elites are pretty decent articulation-wise now. They finally gave them double elbows a few years ago and swappable hands so they are roughly on the level of the older Legends figures. The Ultimates have butterfly shoulders among other things so they are on the level of the newer Hasbro Legends bodies.

Just stay away from the Basics, they have T hips, single elbows and knees. What most do with them is if it is a desired look keep it in the package or they will use the heads to swap on to Elite figures as most of the budget for Basics go into their heads and are often leagues better than the Elite counterparts. For example if you are wanting a better John Cena head for your Peacemaker right now the current basic knocks the Todd head out of the universe.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've got various loose 6-inch action figures (Star Wars Black, Marvel Legends, G.I. Joe etc.) That I'm looking to sell to make more room for Transformers. Anyone have any advice how I should go about it, sites to use, price point, that kind of stuff?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I generally sell on eBay and price things by figuring out an average of recent Sold Item listings for the same figure and then listing mine for 10-15% less. I made about $3200 over the last 3-4 months selling off 90% of my Black Series and TVC collection that way.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fsmhunk posted:

I've got various loose 6-inch action figures (Star Wars Black, Marvel Legends, G.I. Joe etc.) That I'm looking to sell to make more room for Transformers. Anyone have any advice how I should go about it, sites to use, price point, that kind of stuff?

Which Star Wars figures?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wish the Figuarts Kid Gokus were in scale with Adult Gokus so they would look better.

Or its good that they aren't so I'm not motivated to get them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shiroc posted:

I wish the Figuarts Kid Gokus were in scale with Adult Gokus so they would look better.

Or its good that they aren't so I'm not motivated to get them.

I have an extra even exclusive purple one, if you ever change your mind.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Nendoroids of Mei, Yun, and Pelops 2 are on pre-order but won't be out until next July. Man everything I'm wanting to get is months and months out. :sigh:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Fuzz posted:

I have an extra even exclusive purple one, if you ever change your mind.

That's this one https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/107249?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yep!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Box day!

Slithe is the real champ here. Just an incredible figure all around. Sculpt, paint, articulation, and accessories are all totally on point, and he's huge and heavy. Captain Cracker is a lot of fun but a little unsteady on his peg leg; I need to find some kind of display stand that fits him. Jaga's "magic cloth" accessory is pretty funny, and his different heads offer a good range of display options. I'm stoked to have more Thundercats finally, and looking forward to more.

I waffled a little on whether I wanted the Conan figure; I love that movie, but it's kind of a goofy toy and his sword is way out of scale. I left the preorder sitting around while I waffled, and it ended up filling a couple months ago, and I said OK, gently caress it. I don't want to collect the whole line, but I do absolutely want one Arnold as Conan on my shelf, so I don't regret it. It's a solid figure in-hand and the pinless articulation is very classy.

I actually got Baby Yoda months ago but I left him packaged until Mando shipped so I could open them together. Grogu in 3.75" scale is hilariously small. The Mando figure is really impressively detailed for such a little guy, and the final silver paint looks better than the prototype images did; he's very shiny. His jet pack doesn't stay on very well, but that's about my only gripe.

Overall a good haul today. Slithe is objectively the best figure in the Thundercats line to date, and has to be my "toy of the year" so far. Super 7 really knocked it out of the park with that guy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

To my surprise, I actually found a NECA TMNT figure at Target! It's Chrome Dome. He's big and cool

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

i like metal slug quite a bit but there is no way i could justify the price on these:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1448986592496992267?s=20

very happy they exist though

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I need to futz with the cape a bit more, but he's great.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CRAYON posted:

i like metal slug quite a bit but there is no way i could justify the price on these:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1448986592496992267?s=20

very happy they exist though

Jesus CHRIST :psyduck:

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

never thought i would be able to say, "holy poo poo look at the stitching detail on those metal slug figures"

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Joe Fisto posted:

I need to futz with the cape a bit more, but he's great.

Sweet. I put mine on layaway due to having way too many preorders so I’ll probably get him in December. I’m trying to figure out how to display him because I don’t have any other ESB figures other than Luke and Vader. Maybe he gets his own shelf because, you know, it’s fuckin Lando.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
MY LANDO SHIPPED TOO I CAN FINALLY COMPLETE MY COLLECTION

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

MY LANDO SHIPPED TOO I CAN FINALLY COMPLETE MY COLLECTION

No collection is ever truly complete :kheldragar:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They teased a new Han Solo that looked really drat good.

Stormtrooper head on original body.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

They teased a new Han Solo that looked really drat good.

Stormtrooper head on original body.

They definitely hosed.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

They definitely hosed.

Is that Han a drioid?

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
My inner child. It is pleased.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hasbro has posted the schedule for PulseCon this coming Friday and Saturday.

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulse-con-2021

I should be able to watch the Transformers panel during my work lunch break on Friday, and then I'll be home on Saturday for G.I. Joe, Marvel Legends, and the ten-minute Weezer concert.