Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aginor posted:

But being as this is a debate and I am vehemently against his politics it is not right to murder someone. That's my offering on this.
Why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I did wonder whether this news would lead to one of these kinda things

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

that's it? just one quote consisting of basically "gently caress this guy lol"?

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

You just can't. I'm sorry.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

nurmie posted:

that's it? just one quote consisting of basically "gently caress this guy lol"?

Why has my disagreement with you got you so heated?

Edit: Moreso, my disagreement with you has caused you to search all my posts and post pictures of me? That's a bit extreme no?

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Aginor posted:

Why has my disagreement with you got you so heated?

Aginor posted:

Ah the forums and decorum...Show what you like mate. But I dislike you and your family, so I'll murder your mum for example. She may be a bitch (she had you) and I'll shrug it off because because, hey, poo poo views.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

That.s not an answer friend. Thats you taking a hypothetical and getting enraged by it.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

Bit late for a coffee isn't it? I think I'd favour a nice cup of bedtime tea if I wasn't having a little rosé instead.

ADHD my man. Coffee relaxes the hell out of me and lets me wind down.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Aginor posted:

That.s not an answer friend. Thats you taking a hypothetical and getting enraged by it.

you dropped this king

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mebh posted:

Wait is this a general response to stimulants? I know that you treat ADHD with them but I thought it was more specific than that.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

nurmie posted:

you dropped this king

Ha! Wish I did. But I'm more than happy to concede. I don't agree but it is what it is.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
once again UKMT lives up to the title of "most easily trolled thread on SA"

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 15, 2021

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Mebh posted:

Fair enough. An evening coffee is a joy, just one that stops me sleeping.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Julio Cruz posted:

one again UKMT lives up to the title of "most easily trolled thread on SA"

Notice that you've said that twice. Do you want it to be trolled or are you just convinced that it's happening around you?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm not entirely sure what all this is but I'd like you folks to dial it down.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's been and gone, mod.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Wait is this a general response to stimulants? I know that you treat ADHD with them but I thought it was more specific than that.

For some it seems its fairly common since caffeine increases dopamine but studies are mixed. Works for me though! Actually necking a double espresso at lunchtime completely stops my lisdexamfetamine crash. I always thought it was weird that coffee never stopped me sleeping.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Aginor posted:

Your point good sirs?

Oh wow! Now that's some insecurity if I eveer heard it!

gently caress it, you're all younger and healthier than obese me. :argh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mebh posted:

For some it seems its fairly common since caffeine increases dopamine but studies are mixed. Works for me though! Actually necking a double espresso at lunchtime completely stops my lisdexamfetamine crash. I always thought it was weird that coffee never stopped me sleeping.

Huh, i wonder if that explains my lackluster response to stimulants, I try to avoid them before bed but I've never really noticed much difference. Black coffee maybe works but that might just be because it's like being slapped in the olfactory system.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
I'm giving final meter readings to my recently deceased energy supplier. My new supplier deal will be at the price cap but probably more expensive than the old, so hypothetically it would be in my interest to inflate the meter readings a bit wouldn't it?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Remember when Thatcher was lying in state and PMQs was cancelled so Skinner did a speech about how she hosed the country and Nadine Dorries was outraged.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, i wonder if that explains my lackluster response to stimulants, I try to avoid them before bed but I've never really noticed much difference. Black coffee maybe works but that might just be because it's like being slapped in the olfactory system.

Black coffee still works to wake me up because its a huge slam of flavour and scent. Plus it still binds to your adenosine receptors to curb tiredness.

I guess it still sorta does that in the evening but since it also calms me down and reduces all the input overload its easier to sleep.

I got my first tattoo on the 12th and it's just beginning to itch so anything to draw my mind off that.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yous ought to be ashamed, should be more respec'ful when someone dies in a murder and remember to doff ur cap and tugg your foreskin at them :mad: :nono:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Endjinneer posted:

I'm giving final meter readings to my recently deceased energy supplier. My new supplier deal will be at the price cap but probably more expensive than the old, so hypothetically it would be in my interest to inflate the meter readings a bit wouldn't it?

They might ask for photographs of the meter. And getting caught carries a prison sentence, so I wouldn't advise it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jedit posted:

They might ask for photographs of the meter. And getting caught carries a prison sentence, so I wouldn't advise it.

OTOH how are your photoshop skills?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Remember when Thatcher was lying in state and PMQs was cancelled so Skinner did a speech about how she hosed the country and Nadine Dorries was outraged.

Remember when he called David Cameron 'Dodgy Dave' and had to do a formal apology

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

These can be really hard to take. My meter requires me to stand on a stool, it's digital, and I have to hold open a flap and shine a torch while trying to take a photo of a digital meter reading. Most of the other people in my block are completely unable to read their meters because they are short, elderly and can't stand on stools, and don't have cameras/phones with cameras. One person asked if I would mind going to read her meter so I went round and then she said 'no, I've changed my mind, the buggers should come and read them themselves'.

Anyway, 'the industry' has accepted my change of supplier readings that I gave and haven't asked to see photos!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

the sex ghost posted:

Remember when he called David Cameron 'Dodgy Dave' and had to do a formal apology

Not as good as getting kicked out for saying "the only thing growing in the 80s was the lines of cocaine in front of George Osborne."

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

OwlFancier posted:

When I used to take MD regularly all my friends would be dancing around the house/pub/club while I'd find somewhere nice to sit down and appreciate being completely at peace with the world

Weed made me functional and valium made me dangerous and angry. Adhd is weird

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Jedit posted:

Imagine the overloaded court systems atm processing you for meter fraud.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

On the subject of weed, I'm 4.5 months into being a legal user, and now have 8 strains currently prescribed.

Not once have I been asked to show anyone proof that I'm legal, they've just taken my word at face value. This is an observation that's been observed by many other legal users too, and one that needs to be passed on ;)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh, I didn't know they had legalized it for medical use, I thought it was just the weird CBD oil poo poo that I spilled a bottle of on myself at work and felt blessed because the stuff is loving expensive but it might as well have been olive oil for all the effect it had.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, I didn't know they had legalized it for medical use, I thought it was just the weird CBD oil poo poo that I spilled a bottle of on myself at work and felt blessed because the stuff is loving expensive but it might as well have been olive oil for all the effect it had.

It's been legal for a while, though for some reason people don't like to talk about it (i.e. I was banned from discussing the legal cannabis options on the UKMT discord server, but it was ok to talk about black market stuff because.....reasons....).

I legally wake and vape until bedtime, starting with sativas in the morning (Currently Lemon Skunk and Moby Dick). then switching to balanced strains for the daytime (Cairo and Critical Mass) before switching to pure indicas for the evening (Hindu Kush, MVA and Candy Kush). I have two new strains that have just been prescribed (Ghost Train Haze and Headband) that are sativa doms, but I've yet to get them in my hands.

Price wise, it's not much different to the black market. I had to pay an initial £100 consultation fee, and have to pay £50 for a follow-up every three months, but some of the strains are £5/g, which is half the price of street weed. Other strains can cost up to £13.75/g, but there are various schemes such as Project T21 to help keep prices down for some.

Check out https://cannapedia.org.uk/ or https://www.reddit.com/r/ukmedicalcannabis/ if you want to find out more.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 16, 2021

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

once again UKMT lives up to the title of "most easily trolled thread on SA"

I don't recall seeing either of those posters post in here before tbh

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of weed, I'm 4.5 months into being a legal user, and now have 8 strains currently prescribed.

Not once have I been asked to show anyone proof that I'm legal, they've just taken my word at face value. This is an observation that's been observed by many other legal users too, and one that needs to be passed on ;)
Knowing my luck I'd be the one prick who'd get caught and ruin it for everyone else

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TACD posted:

Knowing my luck I'd be the one prick who'd get caught and ruin it for everyone else

LOL, it's a multi-million potentially billion pound a year business that Canadian VC's bribed a fortune to monopolise, to the point of buying the media, politicians and even a long running Coronation Street storyline.

They aren't going to suddenly pull up the rug of their cash cow because someone is lying about having legal cannabis.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In other news... https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1449155686227714050

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Here we goooooooo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Failed the paper bag test then I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

fuctifino posted:

It's been legal for a while, though for some reason people don't like to talk about it (i.e. I was banned from discussing the legal cannabis options on the UKMT discord server, but it was ok to talk about black market stuff because.....reasons....).

I legally wake and vape until bedtime, starting with sativas in the morning (Currently Lemon Skunk and Moby Dick). then switching to balanced strains for the daytime (Cairo and Critical Mass) before switching to pure indicas for the evening (Hindu Kush, MVA and Candy Kush). I have two new strains that have just been prescribed (Ghost Train Haze and Headband) that are sativa doms, but I've yet to get them in my hands.

Price wise, it's not much different to the black market. I had to pay an initial £100 consultation fee, and have to pay £50 for a follow-up every three months, but some of the strains are £5/g, which is half the price of street weed. Other strains can cost up to £13.75/g, but there are various schemes such as Project T21 to help keep prices down for some.

Check out https://cannapedia.org.uk/ or https://www.reddit.com/r/ukmedicalcannabis/ if you want to find out more.

You might have just changed my life. Just the mental health aspect of not having to worry would be huge.