Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Phlegmish posted:

As a STRAIGHT BAR regular I don't think I've ever witnessed a true bar fight in my life, but then Daniel Craig is from England, where I imagine most of the pubs to be full of aggro football hooligans constantly glassing each other

I was once in a bar fight where the fighters took the crutches off of a person with a broken leg to hit each other with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh yeah, San Diego Zoo. Excellent facility. I hear they just got in that new exhibit of "Lemurs Who Eat rear end". Playful little jokesters, those Lemurs.
You're doing yourself if you skip the boa buttfister

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

OnlyBans posted:

When I was young and angry, I'd go out looking for a bar fight. It was satisfying.

I will say that it is easier and better in countries with sane healthcare. I was pretty good but I stopped after my third fight in the US (first fight in the US where I got messed up) because the insurance situation is all hosed where you have to involve the police for fault and yada-yada. Even with good insurance, it involves law enforcement which is very bad and it is a very expensive hobby that is heavily enriched for the economically downtrodden.

lmao this is so sad

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

Captain Monkey posted:

lmao this is so sad

Yeah, it was a hard lesson in how the US healthcare system works. It's very hosed up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Actually that's maybe the US healthcare system's one success

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao that you didnt get vacation insurance

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao that you didnt get vacation insurance
Which would probably have a criminal acts exclusion so, yeah, back to square one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

obviously you run away before the cops show

i assume vacation insurance does cover "stumbling over the curb like a dumbass" :ohdear:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

obviously you run away before the cops show

i assume vacation insurance does cover "stumbling over the curb like a dumbass" :ohdear:
I mean alternatively just don't pay the bill and go home 🤷🏻‍♀️

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Yes, and I used to read Playboy for the articles.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I mean alternatively just don't pay the bill and go home 🤷🏻‍♀️

but they have your visa!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

but they have your visa!
Cancel it and get a mastercard :eng101:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Cancel it and get a mastercard :eng101:

not that kind :[

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Actually that's maybe the US healthcare system's one success

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

not that kind :[

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Der Kyhe posted:

Except that people actually did this. They even used to print a braille version of Playboy that was, one assumes, just the articles.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Except that people actually did this. They even used to print a braille version of Playboy that was, one assumes, just the articles.

Wait that scene in Robin Hood Men In Tights wasn't a joke???

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

There was stereo reviews, but also stuff like a 14-page interview with someone like Gore Vidal, which in any other magazine would have been a one-page non-interview where they ask him to talk about his dogs because they don't actually want to give him a platform.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Humerus posted:

Wait that scene in Robin Hood Men In Tights wasn't a joke???

Nope. It was a real thing. No braille centerfolds, though.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Oct 16, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Carthag Tuek posted:

I've seen dozens of bar fights & been in some, but I grew up in a fishing village with a biker presence so that might skew the numbers a bit

"I don't like fish"

Der Kyhe posted:

I mean, yeah?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
https://twitter.com/Daily_Express/status/1448758597224124419

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Milo and POTUS posted:

"I don't like fish"

i hate to do this but it is tradition that i smash a chair into the wall and use the legs to beat you senseless

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I lived on the edge of one of my city's bar/nightclub districts for ~12 years and the odd thing is that after a while you begin to develop a 6th sense for when something is about to go tits up even though you can't explain why. Like hitting the street and feeling like "oh yeah it's going to be one of those nights". I never got into a fight but witnessed plenty. It also taught me to properly fear small, wiry men of low intelligence and with nothing to lose - they tended to be the most vicious and craziest fighters.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nope. It was a real thing. No braille centerfolds, though.

I'm sure they had at least something.

⠼⠉⠼⠑ ⠼⠃⠼⠙ ⠼⠉⠼⠑

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1448879336539447298

The General
Mar 4, 2007

“I love women, I forgive them all the time, I’ve never struck one yet. Never strike a woman because they bruise too easily is the first thing, and they’ll tell the neighbours and their friends … and then you’re in big trouble.”

Shame that the wizard is a tool.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Lobok posted:

⠼⠉⠼⠑ ⠼⠃⠼⠙ ⠼⠉⠼⠑

⠕⠝⠇⠽ ⠊⠋ ⠎⠓⠑⠎ ⠢ ⠒

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

After all I've done for their village they still decide to mock the statue they built in my honour.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Paint it a darker brown and some city in Kansas will buy it to use as the World's Largest Corn Dog

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
Slight misunderstanding of the term ‘love spud’ on display there.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The love spud is a little old snack that
We can eat together
Love snack baby
A love snack baby

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

By popular demand posted:

The love spud is a little old snack that
We can eat together
Love snack baby
A love snack baby

If you see a baked potato at the side of the road that says
Fifteen miles to the, love snack, love snack yeah

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Tiiiiin foil, toasty

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wrong thread

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

Tiiiiin foil, toasty
😎
👉👉

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lobok posted:

⠼⠉⠼⠑ ⠼⠃⠼⠙ ⠼⠉⠼⠑

All I'm getting is just numbers

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Measurements. Bust-Waist-Hip

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I tried to come up with a joke about c's e's and i's relating to braille nipples but :effort:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The General posted:

“I love women, I forgive them all the time, I’ve never struck one yet. Never strike a woman because they bruise too easily is the first thing, and they’ll tell the neighbours and their friends … and then you’re in big trouble.”

Shame that the wizard is a tool.

I mean, yeah, but that also sounds like an explanation old timey guys might give to other guys as an explanation for why they don't hit women back when hitting women was still acceptable. And old folks aren't the best at noticing the culture has moved on.

I don't know how things were in New Zealand, but in the 1950s America had Lucy getting spanked on tv. This was probably being shown on NZ tv when the wizard was a kid.

"I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman- although I don’t recommend doing it in the same way that you’d hit a man. An open-handed slap is justified if all other alternatives fail.” – Sean Connery, 1965.

“If you have tried everything else – and women are pretty good at this – they can’t leave it alone. They want to have the last word and you give them the last word, but they’re not happy with the last word. They want to say it again, and get into a really provocative situation, then I think it’s absolutely right.” – Sean Connery, 1987

Sean Connery didn't get around to the view that hitting women was wrong until 2006, after decades of people calling him on it.

So a guy saying he won't hit women ever is an improvement over some of his peers, even if he gives a dumb reason for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

:cmon: