Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just fought and beat the twin chozos and im physically exhausted. this game kicks rear end. unless it completely beefs the last part of the game this is easily GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just fought and beat the twin chozos and im physically exhausted. this game kicks rear end. unless it completely beefs the last part of the game this is easily GOTY.

The last part of the game is actually even more awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can't wait to be home for more than an hour to actually play this again.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Started playing this today after like 4 hours straight yesterday and the first time i saw one of those counter flashes my finger hit X before my brain registered why I did that lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think i need to play metroid prime after i finish this because it's very possible that dread might displace it as the 2nd best game in the series behind Super. i dont fully think its better but it just might be.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think i need to play metroid prime after i finish this because it's very possible that dread might displace it as the 2nd best game in the series behind Super. i dont fully think its better but it just might be.

i would rank them as follows: prime, zero mission, dread, super, fusion, samus returns, 2, 1. prime 2 and 3 are not listed because that would make ranking them all more difficult.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i would rank them as follows: prime, zero mission, dread, super, fusion, samus returns, 2, 1. prime 2 and 3 are not listed because that would make ranking them all more difficult.

I've never played prime 2 or 3 and after dread im wondering where would they would rank

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mbt posted:

I've never played prime 2 or 3 and after dread im wondering where would they would rank

probably after super metroid

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

what a wonderful, beautiful game that was

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

VileLL posted:

what a wonderful, beautiful game that was

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IGX9sPftLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahIy-DWUFg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWR6yk3AFv0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao what a dipshit

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
drat the controls in this game are like perfect. so fluid

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
theres a lot of old out of touch game developers that are still like hanging around being stupid these days, your cliffy b's and whatnot, but i don't think any of them are as completely fuckin washed up as david jaffe lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

whenever dude moves into a new neighborhood he's required by law to go to all of his neighbors and let them know he didnt know you had to shoot walls and floors and ceilings in metroid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo the movement is so good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mycophobia posted:

drat the controls in this game are like perfect. so fluid

i do wish that missiles could be toggled instead of held but other than that yeah it controls so smoothly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

just passed this part effortlessly without even thinking about it. david jaffe is a fuckin moron lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

stop saying this was obvious for all of you! you're wrong! it was difficult and frustrating for all of you and I can prove it!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
prime 2 isnt a bad game but it has a very uneven difficulty curve that can take you by surprise especially the bosses who range from really easy to some of the hardest bosses in the series.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

prime 2 isnt a bad game but it has a very uneven difficulty curve that can take you by surprise especially the bosses who range from really easy to some of the hardest bosses in the series.

as a real, true metroid head, i hate it because it has bottomless pits and beam ammo. but it is really good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

prime 1 & 2 FTW.

prime 3 has some of the best fights in the series in it and the space pirate base owns, but it also has some of the worst slogs and constant codec calls telling you what to do that you can't turn off

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i remember loving prime 3 when it came out but gun to my head i couldnt tell you a thing about it now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
still have never beaten 2 lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
You waggled the wii mote and it felt good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the waggle whip thing to yank away enemy shields owned

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

As someone who has been a massive fan of the metroid series for many years, its preposterous for the devs to assume that a player would attempt to discover a hidden path upon meeting a dead end.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The two things i remembered from 3 are all the switches and dials you could use the wiimote to interact with and how you could just hang out inside the ship and press buttons, and i also remember the steampunk world with the bioshock infinite rails and lovely robots that would melt after you shoot them with the plasma beam one time.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
lol i recognized the place from his tweet when i got there so i immediately knew what to do

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

he’s still tweeting about it. he must be bored

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

he’s still tweeting about it. he must be bored

https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1449051883138523142

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

everyone should play dread so i agree with him

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i got the spider wall thing and now im lost as gently caress

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I cant believe you have to play flappy bird in the middle of a boss fight

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

mycophobia posted:

i got the spider wall thing and now im lost as gently caress

Welcome to the thread david

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Food Boner posted:

Welcome to the thread david

im not saying its the games fault! im just retarded

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
getting lost and stumbling around like a dumbass because you missed the obvious path is a metroid tradition imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
figured it out. i was shooting one block but not the blocks above it. i only had to loop around the entire explorable area about 10 times before accidentally discovering it