Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

First mainline 2D Metroid game in two decades comes out tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAQBG4Qbt8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

drat it... tomorrow is not now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
No internet at my new house yet so I guess I'm gonna bring my switch to work and hang out til midnight so I can unlock it there lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

might have to take a break from Yakuza 5 for this. what time does it release EST?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Definitely gonna pick this one up when I’m buying new games. Need to dig into Samus returns soon, have it on 3DS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sadly I won’t get to seriously play until Tuesday OP

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does this release like in 3 and a half hours or in like a day? i'd forgotten about it and now i'm fuckin psyched.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm picking it up with my oled Switch tomorrow first thing at 10am, Best Buy here I come :homebrew:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

metroid dreadin this massive euro dev stink turd. if i wanted to play tedious crap from former amiga devs i'd buy a playstation or an xbox :kakashi:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

metroid dreadin this massive euro dev stink turd. if i wanted to play tedious crap from former amiga devs i'd buy a playstation or an xbox :kakashi:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

please get on zoloft or something lyle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
imaginin how BORING ur brain is to not be hype for METROID DREAD, the first two dimensional (not THREE, suck it ROMERO) metroid game in YEARS!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

This owns

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

might have to take a break from Yakuza 5 for this. what time does it release EST?

First party nintendo games are midnight in my experience but I don't think there's any way to really know

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Sadly I won’t get to seriously play until Tuesday OP

same, also ive got d&d and i'm gettin a tooth pulled so i wont be able to basically at all ubtil wednesday :rant:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ill pruichase this next friday. as in a week from tomorrow. i reckon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

same, also ive got d&d and i'm gettin a tooth pulled so i wont be able to basically at all ubtil wednesday :rant:

drat that sucks. I had a tooth pulled a few months ago

Might try to pick this up tomorrow or this weekend tbh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Metroid Dread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

Metroid Dread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 8, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dominos meme where the smallest domino is commodore Perry forces Nippon to open up to the west and the biggest domino is Lyle enters the psych ward.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

lmfao

That Little Demon posted:

oh yeah just what we need, another 63 year old bay area guy starting zoloft and listening to Shpongle

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

First party nintendo games are midnight in my experience but I don't think there's any way to really know

i fell asleep like an old person so i'll have to wait to play until tonight.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
is anyone actually playing this that isn't going to automatically slap 1-0/10 on it because of nintendo, wondering how the graphics are particularly of samus "features" if you know what i mean :D

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol just noticed the little bun on the shoulder

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

they should give samus dreadlocks in this one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fixins posted:

is anyone actually playing this that isn't going to automatically slap 1-0/10 on it because of nintendo, wondering how the graphics are particularly of samus "features" if you know what i mean :D

when did the epic headshot stop appearing in iz probations

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Probably my GotY so far (I think I'm like 4/7ths of the way through). I really like how much precise aiming the game requires, it makes all the bosses a lot of fun. There's a bit too much lore/cutscene stuff for my taste and the loads are kind of bad, but everything else is a masterclass. My big fat thumbs are awful at platforming using a control stick but the game still feels insanely good to play.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lifelong metroid head here. picking this up after work then playing it nonstop until i beat it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fadam posted:

My big fat thumbs are awful at platforming using a control stick but the game still feels insanely good to play.

Yeah the movement is really really good, they nailed it. I've barely started but I love how fast Samus feels right off the bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm hesitant to pay $60 for it, but I know it'll never go on sale.