Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Why the gently caress do I start drowning underwater after 10 seconds? TEN SECONDS.

Otherwise, I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Holy poo poo Philly is annoying. I hate try-hard wacky character's more than the more common try-hard edgelord ones.

Other than that, game owns. Best Far Cry since 3 (though I'm judging that by how 3 was at the time - I'm guessing it hasn't aged well)

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I don't know if I'm google searching it wrong, but how do you refill ammo for your Supremo weapons? Like the flamethrower and shield/shotgun? Do you have to return to a base to do it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The big ammo crates (the ones you have to use manually) fully refill your ammo, including resolvers and gadgets.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

The big ammo crates (the ones you have to use manually) fully refill your ammo, including resolvers and gadgets.

Interacting with a workbench refills gadgets and resolvers as well.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Um, Beeb, it might be time for you to stockpile some weapons and acquire a Grizzly Bear sidekick, just sayin

Oh, I'm way ahead of you on the former. I'm more of a cat kinda gal tho

See, her face! I no dead today! :3:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Interacting with a workbench refills gadgets and resolvers as well.

The Lone Badger posted:

Thanks!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
You can also refill all your ammo at the back of your car

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Super enjoying this game so far, level 12 now and it's so nice to be able to just spend a couple hours clearing out different bases and such without being railroaded into the story.

My favorite thing in fc5 was prepper stashes tho and while the treasure hunts in this are also a shitload of fun I wish there were like ten times as many lol

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Also just noticed that your cantina buff duration pauses in-menu which is nice, lots of qol stuff like that in this after 5 like auto-looting enemies/animals which saves so much drat time and giving you so many skills upfront vs the skill tree

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Far Cry 6: Game's dope. Best one in a while, for sure. I agree that it really needs to add loadouts though.

Kinda sorta Far Cry-adjacent: the newly released remasters of Crysis 2 and 3 are currently 30% off on the US playstation store ($20.99 each instead of $29.99).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Because I was given this by my friend who worked on it I feel like every positive statement I make on it has to have *includes paid promotion on it.

Once you've used an emp on a tank, how do you get the crew out?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
You have to jump on top of it and gives you the option, R3. Very short window imo and most the time it doesn't seem to pop up for me

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Holy poo poo Philly is annoying. I hate try-hard wacky character's more than the more common try-hard edgelord ones.

Other than that, game owns. Best Far Cry since 3 (though I'm judging that by how 3 was at the time - I'm guessing it hasn't aged well)

Yea I wasn't a fan either, luckily he's hardly in it.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Captain Duvel posted:

You have to jump on top of it and gives you the option, R3. Very short window imo and most the time it doesn't seem to pop up for me

you have to get right up to the hatch for it to pop up

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like this game and I'm having a good time, but i find it completely impossible to play without a podcast running at the same time. But the combination of the two is perfect.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

3 hasnt aged well at all on so many levels. vass is just a well acted weird rear end in a top hat with a possibly hosed up backstory if you read between the lines and the other villians are Dickhead Afrikaner crime lord or Gay rapist man. plus lots of weird problatic poo poo plus the lovely endings and the writer being a weird hack. plus more importantly. the gameplay and mechanics don't hold up.

i think 4 holds up the best because the villian is actually likable but scary, the gameplay loop is fun. its somewhat cynical but most of the characters are solid.

Play posted:

I really like this game. Best Far Cry game in a long time

I very, very rarely buy full price AAA games. For some reason, I guess I had a bad day at work and was kinda drunk or something and I just decided I wanted to buy this one. Great decision luckily because it owns. It's a bit like Far Cry 3 or 4 except way better imo. More features, better gameplay, more fun in general.

I was pretty ready to poo poo on it since I'm not a big ubisoft fan but gently caress, they did a good job

yeah, i am actually enjoying it right now. i am doing random side missions with the murder rooster and murdering dozens of fascists'. i do with helicopters were easier to shoot down but whatever.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Duvel posted:

You have to be looking directly at the drivers hatch.
There are two options. One hijacks the tank, one blows it up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think 4 holds up the best because the villian is actually likable but scary, the gameplay loop is fun. its somewhat cynical but most of the characters are solid.

4 seems to handle the "everybody is a shithead and you're making things worse" motif better than most games.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i am actually enjoying it right now. i am doing random side missions with the murder rooster and murdering dozens of fascists'. i do with helicopters were easier to shoot down but whatever.

I made an EMP bow and it solved this problem for me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Captain Duvel posted:

Oh that's probably why I'm missing it then.

Oh my god the Actor for Dani runs a dog rescue called Peanut Mutter
https://www.narcity.com/toronto/toronto-dog-rescue-still-looking-for-someone-to-give-one-eyed-wink-a-forever-home
Look at that good amigo!

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that's probably why I'm missing it then.

Oh my god the Actor for Dani runs a dog rescue called Peanut Mutter
https://www.narcity.com/toronto/toronto-dog-rescue-still-looking-for-someone-to-give-one-eyed-wink-a-forever-home
Look at that good amigo!

I was actually wondering why Dani is canonically a dog person. I chalked it up to "trying to give the protagonist some character traits" but an in-joke about the actor is pretty funny too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mokinokaro posted:

4 seems to handle the "everybody is a shithead and you're making things worse" motif better than most games.

yeah. its works mostly. i think 5 tries the same thing but lol.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

At the very start of the game your heal has two charges. It never seems to recharge above one. Is there any way to get back to 'full'?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Digital Osmosis posted:

I was actually wondering why Dani is canonically a dog person. I chalked it up to "trying to give the protagonist some character traits" but an in-joke about the actor is pretty funny too.

Yup, that's pretty good.

Oh man I think I found Larry Blackmon from Cameo's codpiece.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Speaking of wacky guns there are two of them I really like so far. The one that fires an entire 4th of July’s worth of mortar fireworks at a target (exploding like fireworks) and the one that looks like a giant potato cannon that shoots a timed sticky bomb. As the enemy AI starts trotting out more and more crazy armored units, I start trotting out more and more explosions.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Fyi that fireworks gun has an alt fire that just fires one rocket at a time. Depends if you ads or not, like the flamethrower.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why are the textures in this game so horrible lol. I'm playing on a 3080 with everything on Ultra and some of these materials and flames are like sub-PS3 quality, that's with all the HD texture stuff installed. Can this be fixed at all?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Why are the textures in this game so horrible lol. I'm playing on a 3080 with everything on Ultra and some of these materials and flames are like sub-PS3 quality, that's with all the HD texture stuff installed. Can this be fixed at all?

Fire, as well as most special effects, only render at quarter resolution, so it looks super pixelated and janky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I don't remember anything in FC5 or New Dawn looking nearly as bad. Or maybe it sticks out even worse with all the RTX reflections everywhere.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

exquisite tea posted:

It's a bug with the ultra textures as far as I can tell. A bunch of them don't load properly and go to their low counterparts. High setting looks pretty good though.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WghfGVJ5AaI&t=1000s
[Timestamped]
Digital foundry mentioned this as a known issue. Disable the high res pack for now if you're on a 3080 with "only" 10GB Video memory instead of the 11 GB required.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'll have to try some of those suggestions. Just look at poor Guapo!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Smooth Guapo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So where do I buy more guns? It says something about Juan's Gun Emporium or something like that but I can't find it

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The main gun shop is the guerilla garrison you build at one of your camps.

Most guns are found in crates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calaveron posted:

So where do I buy more guns? It says something about Juan's Gun Emporium or something like that but I can't find it

There’s one on Libertad island near the boat spawn point, and taking over a military target also seems to always add a vendor there.

But those guns aren’t really worth it. The best way is to get the HQ expansion that sells guns and upgrade that.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Calaveron posted:

Juan has his own store back on the starter island, you can access the store at bases that you have taken over. The vendors have a shopping cart icon. All guns except the special "resolver" guns can be found in crates in the game.
These are the "Libertad" and "FND" crates. The actual weapon crates give you unique versions of weapons. The unique weapons come with pre-set mods that can't be changed. You can find regular versions of all the unique guns that you can modify how you want.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 16, 2021

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I've been running around for what feels too long with babby's first revolutionary military surplus guns. I did a story mission and found an LMG in a base. I hope I start finding cooler poo poo soon. Like I got the tostador from the story mission but man these flamethrowers feel bad to fire. Turok 2 nailed how flamethrowers should feel like 20 years ago, why can't more games imitate that
Also this game sure does chug for being a PS5 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Calaveron posted:

I've been running around for what feels too long with babby's first revolutionary military surplus guns. I did a story mission and found an LMG in a base. I hope I start finding cooler poo poo soon. Like I got the tostador from the story mission but man these flamethrowers feel bad to fire. Turok 2 nailed how flamethrowers should feel like 20 years ago, why can't more games imitate that
Also this game sure does chug for being a PS5 game.

Just check your map for crates, you'll be swimming in guns before you know it.