Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A 3rd Simpsons set would be cool(The school or power plant I guess) but it’d be hard to do those in minifigure scale on a reasonable part count. Maybe they could do microscale(but at that point just do a microscale of all of Springfield)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

RatHat posted:

A 3rd Simpsons set would be cool

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I had a poster of a red Countach in my bedroom for years growing up and basically any time I see a decent looking Hotwheels or Micro Machines countach I drool a little bit and go GIMME.

But I agree, a Countach without a spoiler is an abomination so this better have one.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

A 3rd Simpsons set would be cool(The school or power plant I guess) but it’d be hard to do those in minifigure scale on a reasonable part count. Maybe they could do microscale(but at that point just do a microscale of all of Springfield)

Comic book shop was a rumor for a while

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since this Ideas review denied the Krusty Burger set either Lego already has something in mind, or they’re done with The Simpsons(the more likely scenario)

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

If they're gonna do sitcoms, they should do drama movies. I wanna see Michael Haneke's La Pianiste. At least people do other things in that movie instead of just standing around talking.

Or documentaries. A 15 000 pcs montage of Shoah by Claude Lanzmann that takes nearly as long to build as the movie.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lars von Trier’s The Lego House That Jack Built

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Dan(c)es with Bricks

The river boat from Fitzcarraldo including Klaus Kinski minifig and 20 native tribespeople.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

EvilJoven posted:

But I agree, a Countach without a spoiler is an abomination so this better have one.

Have they said if it is the original Countach or the new one? I assume the new one is easier to do in the Speed Champion scale.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

tuo posted:

Have they said if it is the original Countach or the new one? I assume the new one is easier to do in the Speed Champion scale.

Oh wow, this is upsetting. Lol I sure hope it's the original

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

deoju posted:

Based on the name, there must be a technique to use Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail with a sliding door, right? Anybody know how that works? I've only ever seen them used decoratively. Bricklinking the piece info isn't any help, because it has appeared in 100s of sets.

There's a specific door that fits with that rail (and the 1x8 version) which has mostly appeared in train sets.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

There's a specific door that fits with that rail (and the 1x8 version) which has mostly appeared in train sets.

Thanks. I didn't think to search for door on bricklink. :doh:

Like $7 each? Oof.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t understand why they didn’t give the Question Block a bottom

Maybe it’s in case Bowser falls inside?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've always dug the Speed Champions sets, even if I was never a car kid growing up. My eight year old niece loves playing with them when she comes over, mostly because of all the female drivers that are included. I do kind of miss the little accessories they'd put in before they upscaled the line to eight wide though.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

deoju posted:

Based on the name, there must be a technique to use Modified 1 x 2 with Door Rail with a sliding door, right? Anybody know how that works? I've only ever seen them used decoratively. Bricklinking the piece info isn't any help, because it has appeared in 100s of sets.
Aside from the aforementioned door piece, they're frequently used with this guy for sliding assemblies. Also, the pane from just about any window will fit into the grooves of the 1 x 2 or 1 x 8 rail plate, allowing you to do simple sliding panels and doors. This trick is used in the Ninjago City sets.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oooh, that one I can work with. Thanks.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

If they're gonna do sitcoms, they should do drama movies. I wanna see Michael Haneke's La Pianiste. At least people do other things in that movie instead of just standing around talking.

Or documentaries. A 15 000 pcs montage of Shoah by Claude Lanzmann that takes nearly as long to build as the movie.

Lego fans have been demanding a new train and that's why we're introducing a Snowpiercer set

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Quick question, son lost one of the unique figures that came with the Ideas Blacksmith set, how can I know for sure if I'm buying a replacement figure off of bricklink that it's a legit or at least good quality figure? I see some merchants on there with x200 of this figure that's only come from one, and it just seems fishy.

I hear the lego website itself sometimes sells minifigures, how does that work?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Quick question, son lost one of the unique figures that came with the Ideas Blacksmith set, how can I know for sure if I'm buying a replacement figure off of bricklink that it's a legit or at least good quality figure? I see some merchants on there with x200 of this figure that's only come from one, and it just seems fishy.

I hear the lego website itself sometimes sells minifigures, how does that work?

You can safely buy from one of those sellers, they're very likely legit. You can buy all the individual components for each of the figs in that set off of Lego's official Pick a Brick, so a lot of sellers have bought dozens of each part to make duplicate figures. I bought another six or seven Falcon Knights from that set a few months ago to fill out my castle scene and they're all on the level so as long as your Bricklink seller is reputable it should be fine.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Do stores do double VIP points the same time as the website? How do you go about applying them to your account in a physical store? Do you just give them your email or log in on your phone or something?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

davebo posted:

Do stores do double VIP points the same time as the website? How do you go about applying them to your account in a physical store? Do you just give them your email or log in on your phone or something?

You used to be able to just give them your phone number for anything points related but since they revamped the program and made everything as difficult as possible I don’t know if that’s still the case.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Quick question

You can also confirm if a figure is legit by looking for the lego logo on each of the pieces. Inside the helmet or hair, inside the stud on the head, on top of the neck for the torso, and the bottom of the feet for the legs.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

davebo posted:

How do you go about applying them to your account in a physical store?
I used the feature on the website that let me add my VIP card to my iPhone wallet because it makes me feel like an elite cyber person.
(it's basically just a barcode with your lego VIP # so it's not very elite or cyber)

but the cashiers have also offered to look me up by email while I'm fumbling around with my phone so that could be easier

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They can do barcode phone wallet scan, or phone number or email lookup in store. My old taped together VIP card no longer works when they changed systems which made me sad.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
As a very high tech person who definitely utilizes technology properly I take a picture with my phone of my logged in VIP account on the desktop computer and read the account number out to the clerk. I have two physical cards as I set up different accounts at the onset and I'm not sure which one is the "right" one

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know what the part used for Mario’s hat/head in the Question Block set is called? It’s like a half-cylinder. Since the set comes with an extra moustache I want to get a 2nd of that part in green so I can make Luigi. Normally I’d use Bricklink for this but they don’t have the Question Block inventoried yet

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. And it only comes in Dark green, so much for that. No yellow for Wario or Purple for Waluigi either...

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 17, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That part usage is pretty meh anyways imo. Just use a 1x1 tile or even better a plate because you kind of get the illusion of the brim of a hat. Replace Mario's too if you want consistency. He wears a flat cap idg why they went with a big curved part there. Looks like he has an egg head.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Someone should do a challenge using just the extra red or black parts in the guitar set.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You used to be able to just give them your phone number for anything points related but since they revamped the program and made everything as difficult as possible I don’t know if that’s still the case.

They still ask for a phone number or email address to look up the account.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

The new one isnt a real Countach it's a kit car :colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

EvilJoven posted:

The new one isnt a real Countach it's a kit car :colbert:

It‘s not actively trying to kill you, and you can drive without a crooked right leg…so yeah, it‘s not a true Lambo.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Well after everyone's helpful info about how they apply vip points to your account in the physical store I realized I'll never actually have time to go in this 2x vip period or any other and just ordered online. C8.R and Sesame Street on it's way!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The new Ghostbusters movie is out in about a month and still no news or images about any sets. At what point to do I panic that the line got canceled? At what point do I rend my clothes and scream in grief and anguish?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Never?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They’re waiting for the last minute in case it gets delayed again, like what happened with the Ecto-1.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean, people have seen the film and reviewed it I doubt they’d hold it back again.

I remember there being some piece count/price/set number rumors, were additional sets ever that heavily rumored or am I misremembering

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at the new thread title

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
lmao at the thread title.

I picked up the Technic Bugatti Chiron because it's about to retire. I did the Land Rover a while back; anybody here do both of them and have thoughts on like, which one is more difficult?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I was on the fence about getting the Chiron and I ultimately decided against it. I don't have any Technic, why start now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ thread title