Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Retrobit's 6-button Genesis/Megadrive bluetooth controllers are $50AUD.

I know that's why it's hilarious if anyone buys the one from Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Man and people thought Chappelle was funny!

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Nothing better than someone paying 20 dollars more for something I always say

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nothing better than someone paying 20 dollars more for something I always say

Vodka industry.txt

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I picked up a couple of the wired Retrobit ones for my Megadrive Mini, and I'm curious to see how natively the Switch would take to them regarding button-matching (Yes I know that can be fixed in the system settings, I'm just curious as to how it would fare plugged directly in).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah buying the Nintendo Genesis controller is pretty pointless when the 8bitdo M30 exists. The N64 controller makes sense since the modern third party models feel bad and good OEM controllers with solid sticks are expensive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's got to be something delightfully perverse about playing Mario with a Genesis controller

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Do we know yet if it's possible to get the extension pack, but then set the auto-renew back to the normal tier right away? I'd pay the premium for a single year. Anything I can't get around to within a year is something I just need to accept I'm never going to get around to. But I'm terrible about checking on these things before the renewal date.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I beat Metroid and I'm mopping up 100% items now, but in Cataris I am stuck at 90%. I looked on the map and highlighted Missile tanks, missile tank+, energy tank, energy part, and power bombs, but there's no ones on the map I'm missing.

There's no glowing areas indicating hidden paths or items I missed, and it looks like every door is open. I don't see anywhere else on the map another room could be.

Every item I've got in here gave me %5 so I must be missing 2 items. Did anyone else experience similar and then figure out what they were missing?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I beat Metroid and I'm mopping up 100% items now, but in Cataris I am stuck at 90%. I looked on the map and highlighted Missile tanks, missile tank+, energy tank, energy part, and power bombs, but there's no ones on the map I'm missing.

There's no glowing areas indicating hidden paths or items I missed, and it looks like every door is open. I don't see anywhere else on the map another room could be.

Every item I've got in here gave me %5 so I must be missing 2 items. Did anyone else experience similar and then figure out what they were missing?

mystery percentages mean that there's a hidden room somewhere. examine the map for any lighter/glowing squares that seem emptier than they should be and start powerbombing poo poo in adjacent rooms. barring that, just do what i did and compare/contrast a level map from google to find the missing area

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do we know what happens if you get the dlc through the online thing but then not resubscribe? Does it nuke your save?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The retrobit ones aren't going to have the Zl and Zr buttons for accessing the emulator menu and rewind, and the button mapping might be different than Nintendo's. Also not sure if it has the screenshot or home buttons, which Nintendo's does

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cojawfee posted:

Do we know what happens if you get the dlc through the online thing but then not resubscribe? Does it nuke your save?

They actually specifically answered that. You can no longer fly to the archipelago, but any abilities you unlocked there you still have on your island, and any items you brought back, you will still have.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The retrobit ones aren't going to have the Zl and Zr buttons for accessing the emulator menu and rewind, and the button mapping might be different than Nintendo's. Also not sure if it has the screenshot or home buttons, which Nintendo's does

The Nintendo-made one doesn't have ZL/ZR. Just Home, Screenshot, and MODE.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Actually it does have all those things

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7noxyKs4mc8 :laffo:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

raditts posted:

There's a weird unicycle game that's not Uniracers?

rocket: robot on wheels. it's interesting for having a physics engine and being made by sucker punch but isn't really very good. hardly anything actually takes advantage of the physics system

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
complain all you want... nintendo still has your heart and soul

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Looper posted:

rocket: robot on wheels. it's interesting for having a physics engine and being made by sucker punch but isn't really very good. hardly anything actually takes advantage of the physics system

ummmmm child me remembers it as being incredible and great actually,

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

Do we know yet if it's possible to get the extension pack, but then set the auto-renew back to the normal tier right away? I'd pay the premium for a single year. Anything I can't get around to within a year is something I just need to accept I'm never going to get around to. But I'm terrible about checking on these things before the renewal date.

I always set a reminder on my phone with 2 alerts before the date to remind me at the same time I sign up for those kinds of things

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFy3mz_erVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTcbO0qHiQg

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Now im imagining a boardroom of Japanese executives sitting in the dark watching a puppet video and sweat is beading on all of their foreheads and they're all smoking cigarettes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the puppet holds no power over me

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

You're probably missing some rooms. The coloured rectangles on the map imply the area you should be searching but some hidden rooms extend out of those marked areas, which triped me up fo a while. The glowing areas only mark hidden items if you've been in the same area, they don't show hidden paths.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Miyamoto resigns in shame after the puppet says the N64 games are overpriced.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the second hornet fight is kicking my rear end in hollow knight!!!

i think i really jsut suck at the fights with very few openings to actually deal damage

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol if you dont think nintendo hasnt cloned miyamoto and has a bunch of back ups in cold storage to unfreeze in case of an emergency

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

The way I got 100% in Dread was after getting all the upgrades i just revisited every room and dropped a power bomb in it

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Now im imagining a boardroom of Japanese executives sitting in the dark watching a puppet video and sweat is beading on all of their foreheads and they're all smoking cigarettes

Visible confusion sweeps the room as to they realize the puppet is not content with the promise of Paper Mario on the service, a game they added specifically to appease the puppet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Every single person bellyachin and making unending youtubes about the price of the expansion pack will buy it and both controllers like the good little paypiggies they are because gamers have no self control.
Source: I will pay for it and I bought the N64 controller but not the genesis one because I have no emotional attachment to that particular piece of plastic

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the second hornet fight is kicking my rear end in hollow knight!!!

i think i really jsut suck at the fights with very few openings to actually deal damage

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

where's the downfall edit for this?

"Mein herr, the puppet doesn't like the online price"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol if you dont think nintendo hasnt cloned miyamoto and has a bunch of back ups in cold storage to unfreeze in case of an emergency

i imagine its like total recall and whoever the current CEO of NoJ is has a miyamoto face on their stomach that occasionally pops out and gives cryptic advice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

it really bothers me when swordfighters deal contact damage but that's because I'm probably jumping around like a kid on a sugar rush and not being careful enough

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Target lost my Switch OLED and refunded me. :sigh: Need help finding a new one to buy at retail price if anyone comes across any sites like Best Buy, Amazon, the usual places, that are selling the White OLED again.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you aren’t married to white try calling around and see if any out of the way GameStops have neons left, they seem much less popular I was able to find one that way

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Every single person bellyachin and making unending youtubes about the price of the expansion pack will buy it and both controllers like the good little paypiggies they are because gamers have no self control.
Source: I will pay for it and I bought the N64 controller but not the genesis one because I have no emotional attachment to that particular piece of plastic

im not buying the genesis controller because its the bad three button controller and not the superior and canon six button controller

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

i imagine its like total recall and whoever the current CEO of NoJ is has a miyamoto face on their stomach that occasionally pops out and gives cryptic advice

"Furukawa... paper mario must not have rpg mechanics"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol the state of things when we got a loving weirdo puppet youtuber going at nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the puppet is a false prophet trust only in nintendo and make sure to buy official nintendo products and report anyone downloading illegal nintendo roms to the nearest nintendo uncle