Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If you were a true connoisseur of comedy, you'd know he was deliberately playing an unfunny comedian, to round off the gang of failures/idiots that was everyone else.

I hate this post so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

i say swears online posted:

I hate this post so much
Does it help that I'm just paraphrasing an old defense of his acting/comedy?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Does it help that I'm just paraphrasing an old defense of his acting/comedy?

I knew it wasn't a genuine opinion yet I was still repulsed, like the man buying Kramer's painting. It sickens me

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/djvlad/status/1449424906786123778

somehow i would have thought jamie foxx had access to more intimidating celebrities than snoop dogg

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/djvlad/status/1449424906786123778

somehow i would have thought jamie foxx had access to more intimidating celebrities than snoop dogg

my favorite thing about Jamie foxx is that he has a big dumb tribal tattoo on the back of his head

oh it's also on top of his head. speculation is that he got it to hide hair transplant scarring.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

I knew it wasn't a genuine opinion yet I was still repulsed, like the man buying Kramer's painting. It sickens me
Clearly I'm more of an artist than Seinfeld.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

HootTheOwl posted:

If you're Superman just push the planet away to cool it. Or do astroid mining with your fists or something.

This is the plot of a Brandon Sanderson novel and it doesn't go well.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I downloaded the first episode of y the last man and not even sure if I can bring myself to watch it

it’s pretty good. once Mann shows up it gets going, their dynamic as a threesome is a lot of fun. I don’t love how they’re handling 355 early on but the actress is truly killing it

Forceholy posted:

Speaking of graphic novels, I just read Fight Club 2 and 3 and I want my time back.

you honestly have no one to blame but yourself

yes it is, inarguably. not reading the rest of this post

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Palahniuk comes across as resentful of Fight Club fans and the attention it still gets while no one wants to adapt his other works, so it's likely Fight Club 2 was made out of spite.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

oh anybody who likes cool south korean action poo poo but isnt a big fan of the capitalist discourse stuff should probably check out my name on netflix which just dropped yesterday its a pretty straightforward gangster story where the lead chick joins her dads gang to avenge him becomes a cop mole when she finds out he was merced by a cop and just beats the poo poo out of people

Sorry I only watch historical kdramas where the japanese character looks like tokio kid.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

omg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

i bounced off the nolan movies super hard, only watched half the first one. just didn't like the aesthetic at all, but the tone here seems perfect? unlike nolan's fascist batman, this movie is hopefully fine with letting us know he's a villain too

i like the batmobile and looks like the camp has been dialed a couple notches higher

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

When that light hits the sky, like a big pizza pie, it's not just a call, it's amore.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
doesnt seem like a detective film. maybe they should cut a mystery style trailer

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
cringe

https://twitter.com/OhioDavee/status/1449476645228711936

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it doesn't seem nearly as self-serious as the nolan films

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
people online seem to just be repeating that its a detective film because the director said so. hmmmm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cumeationer gordon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I just hope I enjoy it when I go see it. :)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

I just hope I enjoy it when I go see it. :)

you shouldn't risk covid op. you can just download it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It looks pretty good but I feel like Batman is pretty tapped out at this point

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Judakel posted:

people online seem to just be repeating that its a detective film because the director said so. hmmmm

I doubt the director or anyone involved creatively had input on the trailer, they’re usually made by a different department for different reasons. that said it does look dumb. the best Batman movie villain is Christopher Walken

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

maybe he can meet greta thunberg

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

I doubt the director or anyone involved creatively had input on the trailer, they’re usually made by a different department for different reasons. that said it does look dumb. the best Batman movie villain is Christopher Walken

i understand that. i am simply saying there is no proof this is a detective film in any way

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Judakel posted:

r words love saying that superhero movies are whatever the visual theme is

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ddn5e598Y

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the thing comic fans cant comprehend is that a man dressed as a bat is inherently dumb and unless he is doing action in shadow, he looks loving stupid. A "detective" batman movie is never going to happen and anyone telling you this is that is lying.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Judakel posted:

the thing comic fans cant comprehend is that a man dressed as a bat is inherently dumb and unless he is doing action in shadow, he looks loving stupid. A "detective" batman movie is never going to happen and anyone telling you this is that is lying.

yeah like 70% of crime investigation is talking to witnesses, victims, and non-criminal associates and you can’t really do that at midnight with a mask and cape

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
also lenny kravitz's kid can't act. she's just hot

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1448594033492758533

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

yeah im loving sick of batman as a character, he loving sucks. but barely keeping it together psycho batman could be interesting i guess

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1448594035418050566

sounds awful

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

oh my god theyre making joker batman

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just saw no time to die. I enjoyed it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The dame walked in and looked as if she lived in a society

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

oh my god theyre making joker batman

im the batman baby

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If I wanted to watch three hours of detective movie I'd just watch Alien Private Eye twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIppeTH1Bck

(I am not joking please watch this movie two times)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Alien Private Eye was one of the only movies I knew about on RLM's Best of the Worst prior to seeing the ep and I was happy they enjoyed it so much, it's so uniquely loving stupid and poorly made that it's hilarious

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's a really good movie, the hero is a dancing alien that likes to party, the bad guy has a superdrug that's also a bomb and he prays to Hitler, a guy does a Peter Lorre impression that could peel paint off a wall, there's very little else you can want

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Good soup! posted:

The dame walked in and looked as if she lived in a society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKi-xkr69Q